Club Level - Is it worth it?

Momager

Mouseketeer
We're not going until Oct 2023 :sad: but I'm a researcher lol

It will just be myself and my husband for our 20th anniversary trip. I'm considering getting Club Level, but I'm curious what you get with it, and if its worth the extra cost. What exactly do you get when staying Club Level??

If you've done it, please give your experiences!

Which hotel - that can make a big difference - Its been a few years since Ive done it so my experience is dated - but knowing which hotel will get better answers IMO

Which hotel - that can make a big difference - Its been a few years since Ive done it so my experience is dated - but knowing which hotel will get better answers IMO

Most likely at the Beach or Yacht Club. Leaning towards the Yacht Club.

Check out YouTube for club level videos. Agree with tony67, which hotel will make a difference on the offerings. Many, many years ago I did club level. I learned if you are going to spend most of your time at the parks, then club level may not be worth it. The perks were not 24 x 7.

We have stayed at the BC club level and absolutely enjoyed it. Being able to get a quick snack, breakfast and concierge service on the floor,. We are ready for it to open again

Check out YouTube for club level videos. Agree with tony67, which hotel will make a difference on the offerings. Many, many years ago I did club level. I learned if you are going to spend most of your time at the parks, then club level may not be worth it. The perks were not 24 x 7.

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that!?? lol

There literally is an app for everything!! lol

Thank you!!

It largely depends on how you define “worth it.”

If you’re doing strictly a dollars and cents calculation, such as: will you be able to get enough food and drink out of the lounge to break even? For most people the answer is no. Similar to how a first class ticket on a plane comes with a meal, a cookie, alcohol, a nice seat, and warm nuts, the value of those things won’t make sense for most people.

Assuming club level is $150+ per day more than your standard room, you’re getting some decent snacks, drinks, and maybe save a bit on food elsewhere (not that the food is so good that you’ll want to cut your touring plans to head back to your hotel all the time, even if it’s conveniently located). You might be able to make a meal out of the early evening food. But like the first class seat on an airplane, most of the benefits won’t be practical — they’ll be intangible luxuries.

You‘ll have a nicer room than your standard room, with a better view. You‘ll have access to cast members who will go out of their way to help you with concierge requests. You’ll get fireworks music piped into the lounge and a beautiful view in some cases. You’ll have the joy of taking a cheese plate back to your own room and sitting on your balcony. You’ll have a little escape from the crowds in a private space. In that sense, as much as vacation is a luxury, many people do find it worth it.

We did it once at AKL many years ago. I felt I wanted the experience at least once. Although, it was nice we never did it again.

I rather use the money difference to go to nicer restaurants and splurge or do some Disney tours or a fireworks cruise and so forth.

I only spend more money on a hotelroom / amenities if I plan to use them. When I am doing a trip where I am in the parks from open to close, I'll be so tired, I do not care how big my room is or if they have snacks at 4pm. As long as it's clean and the bed is comfortable.

Last edited:
When I had the extra money, it was 'worth it', because I was financially fortunate at that time in that I didn't even think twice about the price.

I'm on a budget now, and I absolutely would not do it. I'd be thinking about the 'wasted' money the whole time and what else I could have done with that money.

Arguably the primary perk of CL are the snacks and cocktails. If you think you'll use them, it's worth it. If you are making lots of DRs and have your food intake planned to a T, it's probably not worth it. Pre-covid there was turndown service with chocs on the pillows; not sure if they've brought that back.

Any recent stays at Contemporary CL? If so, how was it?
I’m headed there tomorrow. Solo one day, then meeting relatives for remainder. There are some post-reopening reviews and pics in the Club Level thread under Resorts, but you’ll need to go back a number of pages to find them.

If it's just me and my husband, we typically try to stay CL. When our teenagers are with us, we stay CL only if we plan to be there for more than 4 nights (if it's a shorter trip, it isn't worth it when they're with us because we usually end up spending ALL day in the parks). We really love the convenience of being able to pop over for a snack or drink whenever we want (and being able to grab a soda is a great perk for my kids). It's also nice to not have to worry about breakfast and coffee. And we also try to get back for the appetizers each evening. Honestly, we can usually make a meal out of those, which is a HUGE bonus. YMMV on that, though, as we typically like to graze all day when we're at WDW instead of sitting down for big meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter