Club Level at Pixar Place

Tiggerish

DIS Veteran
Last year I made a reservation for a club level room at Paradise Pier for April 17-24, 2024. When the resort reopened it was announced that the club level was being remodeled and would open at a later date. Now on the official Disneyland website, all the club level rooms are unavailable to be booked for my dates. Will Disney contact me if the room type I booked is not going to be available and offer me options? I don't want any disappointing surprises when I arrive.

When I called to ask about adding Club Level for our trip in July, the person I spoke with at the hotel said that they *hoped* that the club would be opening sometime in July. So I doubt very much that it will be available to you in April. You can call the hotel directly to ask them, rather than waiting for your arrival and being un-pleasantly surprised.

I'd call and ask. I did a search for your dates, plus a few random ones between April and June, and club isn't available. It shows up on July 1. I don't think they'd call to offer you a different room type, but if you call they might be able to find something similarly priced for you.

OP, I agree with others to check with the hotel directly. You'd think they would reach out, but it may be more delayed than you would like. I don't enjoy surprises either!

Hmm...this thread is making me wonder if we are due for a Pixar Place superthread. Was there ever a Paradise Pier one? I couldn't find it. Maybe I should just start one 😏

When I called to ask about adding Club Level for our trip in July, the person I spoke with at the hotel said that they *hoped* that the club would be opening sometime in July. So I doubt very much that it will be available to you in April. You can call the hotel directly to ask them, rather than waiting for your arrival and being un-pleasantly surprised.
Now that you are there, can you give an update?

It appears that the Creators Club lounge opened for business yesterday. Are there any disboard posters who were able to snag a reservation? I'm really looking forward to reading/watching the reviews. I've done a search for any written or video reviews of the club, but wasn't able to find even a hint of news.

I found a short, 21 second, video that gives a bit of info about the lounge. The food looks good. I'm still anxiously waiting for someone to post a full review:

Creators Club
Thanks for posting this video, the lounge looks great!

I saw another review on instagram and the caption mentioned that guests are not allowed to take food or beverages back to their room. All food must be consumed in the lounge. I really hope this isn’t the case as my kiddos like to sleep in, so I’m usually the one to gather breakfast in the morning.

My trip isn’t until next month, but if anyone can confirm this sooner, I would really appreciate it.

We’re at the hotel right now. I got a phone call offering the Creators Club at a discounted price.
We only did breakfast once. It was ok. Basic continental breakfast.
The sandwiches at lunch were pretty dry. I guess overall the food didn’t seem very fresh and didn’t impress me much. Not much variety each day. The evening offering last night was beans and tater tots. The make your own salad was good as was a pasta salad.
Drinks such as juices and ice tea were in glass jars to pour into glass cups. No bottled water. There were cans of pop.
They had to go cups for coffee but you need to ask.
They made a point of saying food was only to be eaten at the lounge.
The staff were very friendly and helpful though.

We’re at the hotel right now. I got a phone call offering the Creators Club at a discounted price.
We only did breakfast once. It was ok. Basic continental breakfast.
The sandwiches at lunch were pretty dry. I guess overall the food didn’t seem very fresh and didn’t impress me much. Not much variety each day. The evening offering last night was beans and tater tots. The make your own salad was good as was a pasta salad.
Drinks such as juices and ice tea were in glass jars to pour into glass cups. No bottled water. There were cans of pop (TRANSLATION FOR OUR AMERICAN FRIENDS:."soda")
They had to go cups for coffee but you need to ask.
They made a point of saying food was only to be eaten at the lounge.

Thanks for the info. I have relatively little experience with Disney resort club level, maybe five mostly short one or two day stays (pre-covid) at the Paradise Pier, and a single Club stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in Disney World in May of this year.

I find it interesting that they phoned you to offer you an upgrade to club level. When I booked the Animal Kingdom Lodge for our May, 2024 trip, I priced out the cost of a club level room, but it was way more than I was willing to pay. The day we checked in at the lodge, I inquired how much it would cost for an upgrade, and the additional cost was approximately 1/3 of what I was quoted online for the upgrade. It was a no-brainer to upgrade to club level. I think, for future stays at either Disneyland or Disney World resorts I'll try a similar strategy, and inquire about the cost of a club room upgrade while checking in.

Your description of the food offerings at the Creators Club are depressing, to say the least. The Kilimanjaro club at Animal Kingdom Lodge was better in all respects.

The rule about eating food in the lounge is baffling. You even have to ask for a "to go" cup for coffee??? At the Kilimanjaro club, and during my stays at the Beach Comber Club at the old Paradise Pier, the employees encouraged us to take food to our room. During our stay at Kilimanjaro Club, I returned by myself to the resort during the day to have a couple of beer and grab an armful of snacks for my wife and two daughters. Same thing during the evening dessert service. My family would stay in the parks until close, and I returned early to drink beer and fill up a couple of to-go containers with desserts The employees were always very helpful when I did this, and never commented on the relatively large amount of food I took back to our room.

I assume you could at least take cans of pop with you to the parks without the club employees trying to stop you? Kilimanjaro Club had bottles of water, but we had to ask for them.

Anyway, I've given your post a sad emoji, since it appears from your review that a Creators Club stay will certainly be disappointing.

My kids were allowed to take open cans of pop with them when we left that they hadn’t finished yet.
The staff keeps a pretty close eye on every one so it would be difficult to grab stuff for the room. I was hoping to grab bottled water to take into the park but they don’t have bottles of water. I did ask about bottled water but they don’t provide that. They have a tap with filtered and carbonated water.
The other evening we went they had nacho chips, cheese sauce etc. No meat toppings. The mini chicken taquitos were cold.
Deserts were put out at 7 and were pretty tasty. You were not allowed to take extra for the room.
You only have access to the Creators Club till 11 on checkout day but I was granted a late check out till 1 pm. Be prepared to have the front desk phone you at 11 to ask you why your bags are still in the room and you aren’t.
Overall our stay was great and I would stay at Pixar Place again, just not use the Creators Club.

Last edited:
Wow, that's too bad it isn't better. Maybe they'll improve over time. I think it's a real drag that you can't take food back to the room. That's one of the ways club level can save money. We would take snacks, coffee and especially waters back to our room from the DLH club.

How much were they charging for the discounted club level add-on?

That sounds disappointing. I may have to change our October reservation to another room or hotel.

That sounds disappointing. I may have to change our October reservation to another room or hotel.
I'd give it a little time. There's a good chance it will improve by then. Of course there's nothing wrong with having a back-up hotel, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter