club level and adult beverages

Back in 2010 We sat in the club lounge of the Poly in the Hawaii building I think it was. Well it was check in day and we got there super early, so had to wait for the room. It's 5pm somewhere in the world we thought lol, and we waited there and basically drank them out of Bud Light by late afternoon. They sent someone out to get more because we didn't like the Hawaiian longboard beer they had left. They couldn't have been more pleasant or accommodating. There were definitely no restrictions back then for sure.

The Executives at Disney need to increase revenue and profits in order to meet the key metrics that award them their bonuses. Just another way to cut back and save money at the expense of the paying customer so they can line their pockets.

We’ve never been told of a limit for drinks. Most recently stayed at grand Floridian. Also stayed at animal kingdom before Covid. I would have asked to talk to a manager, it might have been a new employee who didn’t understand the rules

The Executives at Disney need to increase revenue and profits in order to meet the key metrics that award them their bonuses. Just another way to cut back and save money at the expense of the paying customer so they can line their pockets.
Or an employee who misunderstood their direction, seeing how no one else has run across this. It is not happening.

One response does not equal no one else has run across this experience. Out of the millions and millions of people from many continents around the globe that visit Disney the number that visit this forum (no disrespect for Disboards) represents a very very small %. I have always loved Disney. I used to have a large holding of DIS in my portfolio until about 5-6 years ago when I realized the P/E (price to earnings ratio) which equates to how much you are willing to spend to own a portion of a company vs. how much of the earnings they are willing turn over to the stockholders in the form of dividends just isn't worth it. I am a retired Stockbroker that pays strict attention to the companies I own no matter how small the portion. I have watched Disney shrink services for years. And this is how it starts. Ask any one on the DIS. They start slowly and not at all resorts as a kind of test. If the guests don't freak out well OK first step of the plan is OK. Move to doing it in more resorts. If all is good then crank it up a bit and rescind a little more service. Before you know it the perk is gone. It happens time and time again. And just an aside. I only mentioned my stock holdings because after my first visit in1999 I was so impressed with the company I said to myself wow they know how to do it. But they have lost the focus on the customer experience and have grabbed hard and fast on lining the pockets of the top executives at the expense of their loyal fans. I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

One response does not equal no one else has run across this experience. Out of the millions and millions of people from many continents around the globe that visit Disney the number that visit this forum (no disrespect for Disboards) represents a very very small %. I have always loved Disney. I used to have a large holding of DIS in my portfolio until about 5-6 years ago when I realized the P/E (price to earnings ratio) which equates to how much you are willing to spend to own a portion of a company vs. how much of the earnings they are willing turn over to the stockholders in the form of dividends just isn't worth it. I am a retired Stockbroker that pays strict attention to the companies I own no matter how small the portion. I have watched Disney shrink services for years. And this is how it starts. Ask any one on the DIS. They start slowly and not at all resorts as a kind of test. If the guests don't freak out well OK first step of the plan is OK. Move to doing it in more resorts. If all is good then crank it up a bit and rescind a little more service. Before you know it the perk is gone. It happens time and time again. And just an aside. I only mentioned my stock holdings because after my first visit in1999 I was so impressed with the company I said to myself wow they know how to do it. But they have lost the focus on the customer experience and have grabbed hard and fast on lining the pockets of the top executives at the expense of their loyal fans. I respectfully disagree with your opinion.
Like 100 times.

I'm not sure how your stock holdings have any bearings to this in any way but it does make you sound very important so I guess there's that. This is not the policy in CL. It's fact, not opinion so I don't care if you disagree or not. You'd be wrong. So I that, I disagree with your post

Last edited:
I agree with both sides. It sounds preposterous to be limiting mimosas to two per hour in view of the outrageous CL upcharge, however I can also see them testing their limit policy at one location and seeing how it goes. I mean come on, they are limiting rolls at Sebastian's! 2 per person! I think they like the 2 limit max for stuff. :joker:

Only time will tell how Rollgate and Mimosagate play out :smickey:

Never seen or been told that before. If you speak to a manager please let us know their response.
This is response I got and I notice a few omissions...

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Club Level Concierge accommodations are available at select Disney Resorts. Concierge benefits include personalized front desk and Guest Services, daily turndown service, and exclusive access to the Club Level Concierge Lounge which offers complimentary refreshments throughout the day. The Club Level Lounge is open daily from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Generally speaking, from 7:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m., you can expect to find pastries, fruit, cereal, and beverages (there is no set limit to the number of beverages allowed per meal period or throughout the day). From 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m., you can expect to find cookies, chips, and assorted snacks. From 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., you can expect to find hot item samples from the resort restaurants, a cheese tray, wine and beer. From 8:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., you can expect to find whole fresh fruit and beverages. Exact hours and items may vary depending on the Club Level lounge.

...They don't specifically mention mimosas though they do mention beer and wine. They also don't mention desserts at 8pm. Just fresh fruit and beverages.

And there is not currently turn down service. Curious they haven't changed their script
I'd assume they don't mention mimosas because they don't technically serve them combined already
They do however, serve orange juice and bubbly (Prosecco vs champagne at some locations) so staff and or guests are making them theirselves. It doesn't have to be on the "menu"

This is response I got and I notice a few omissions...

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Club Level Concierge accommodations are available at select Disney Resorts. Concierge benefits include personalized front desk and Guest Services, daily turndown service, and exclusive access to the Club Level Concierge Lounge which offers complimentary refreshments throughout the day. The Club Level Lounge is open daily from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Generally speaking, from 7:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m., you can expect to find pastries, fruit, cereal, and beverages (there is no set limit to the number of beverages allowed per meal period or throughout the day). From 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m., you can expect to find cookies, chips, and assorted snacks. From 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., you can expect to find hot item samples from the resort restaurants, a cheese tray, wine and beer. From 8:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., you can expect to find whole fresh fruit and beverages. Exact hours and items may vary depending on the Club Level lounge.

...They don't specifically mention mimosas though they do mention beer and wine. They also don't mention desserts at 8pm. Just fresh fruit and beverages.
Yikes. Yeah, that’s a copy paste. If you want a real response with Disney these days it needs to be brought to their attention in person with a manager preferably day of the event. Which sucks because sometimes you want to let it go and move on with your day, but post-trip Disney customer service has become non-existent since Covid.

Hey all...remember this story I posted here....well I just read about someone who is currently at club level at AK and they shared this pic from there and said it is now 2 drink max. They said per sitting so I am asking them for clarification....like per meal service? So 2 mimosas in AM and 2 beers or wine in evening? Or 2 all day? That would be difficult to track so I am guessing per meal. And does that mean no asking for beer or wine in middle of the day?
Picture in next post....

Correct only 2 per person at one time. This is not new, its always been this way. I gave the example at the beginning of this thread if we're by the pool and my DH goes to gets beers for us, they'll only give him 2 at a time. So he can't say, 2 are for me, 2 are for my wife and get 4. Now he can go up there as many times he wants and get 2 more, there's never been a limit on that. We are back there in a couple of weeks, i'll be sure to update this thread if we see any changes

Person there now says it is 2 per sitting (I take to mean per meal time, AM and PM in the club lounge). Not 2 at a time. They even said that 2 drinks is enough for them. Meaning they only get 2 total for the whole meal. I asked if they removed the serve yourself bottles of beer and wine and am waiting to hear.

Person there now says it is 2 per sitting (I take to mean per meal time, AM and PM in the club lounge). Not 2 at a time. They even said that 2 drinks is enough for them. Meaning they only get 2 total for the whole meal. I asked if they removed the serve yourself bottles of beer and wine and am waiting to hear.
It might be a policy change.
It could also be they are temporarily dealing with some sort of individual or group situation currently.

We have stayed at every club level and some multiple times and have never encountered this, even our worst stay at Sugarloaf when it was insanely crowded, they did not have any trouble keeping us well stocked! We do tip regularly and always take a moment to chat with cast members when they have a bit of downtime and try and remember names as well. We have 3 teenagers now but they were once upon a time babies and toddlers and kids and have never had any issue!

The only rules enforced, have been the shoes one and that happens more than one would think!
I also agree with the jammies one, I wish more people would realize it doesn't take long to put on clothes for a quickie run and then slip back into your robe in your room. Once at the Boardwalk, a woman walked in with her robe on and it was obvious there was nothing else under the robe....that lasted all of 2 minutes before they kindly asked her to go and get dressed...can you imagine?!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter