club level and adult beverages

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
Those who have done Disney club level stays and drink....were you ever told that you get only 2 mimosas a person at breakfast? Or even 2 per hour? Any kind of limiting you on adult beverages? Just had odd experience where they limited us to 2 mimosas...we were group of 7 (2 families one with DVC and one paying cash and all aged 23 to 50something). Long story buy at first was told we only get 2 and then was told 2 per hour. By the end of breakfast (10:30) 3 of us got only 2 and 2 of us only got 1 while only 2 of us got 3 so they successfully dragged it out to basically limit our table to 14 (for 7 of us so 2 per). I always thought we could ask for mimosas and beer and wine and sangria all day long. Even when the food offering hours are closed. No?

Last edited:
Those who have done Disney club level stays and drink....were you ever told that you get only 2 mimosas a person at breakfast? Or even 2 per hour? Any kind of limiting you on adult beverages? Just had odd experience where they limited us to 2 mimosas...we were group of 7 (2 families one with DVC and one paying cash and all aged 23 to 50something). Long story buy at first was told we only get 2 and then was told 2 per hour. By the end of breakfast (10:30) 3 of us got only 2 and 2 of us only got 1 while only 2 of us got 3 so they successfully dragged it out to basically limit out table to 14 (for 7 of us so 2 per). I always thought we could ask for mimosas and beer and wine and sangria all day long. Even when the food offering hours are closed. No?
Nope. I have sat with friends for hours sipping wine without issues. Only place restricted was dh wanted a scotch at bwi before the time it was to be put out (dessert) . He asked at 5p and was told could get 1 now but it would be out later at8. He was fine with the one. Only time I had restriction and I have over 20 cl stays.

Was this at AKL? Asking because you said one party was staying on DVC. I think AKL is the only DVC with a club level option. I wonder if the rules are different there because it's DVC?

Those who have done Disney club level stays and drink....were you ever told that you get only 2 mimosas a person at breakfast? Or even 2 per hour? Any kind of limiting you on adult beverages? Just had odd experience where they limited us to 2 mimosas...we were group of 7 (2 families one with DVC and one paying cash and all aged 23 to 50something). Long story buy at first was told we only get 2 and then was told 2 per hour. By the end of breakfast (10:30) 3 of us got only 2 and 2 of us only got 1 while only 2 of us got 3 so they successfully dragged it out to basically limit out table to 14 (for 7 of us so 2 per). I always thought we could ask for mimosas and beer and wine and sangria all day long. Even when the food offering hours are closed. No?
Never had that issue with CL, but all were cash stays. Did you ask to speak with a CL Manager?? Staying CL with DVC should not diminish your experience. I’ll be staying AKL CL (DVC) soon and will update you, but this is the first time I heard this. I will have a problem with it if so. I like my morning mimosas 😂 🥂

I have never heard that and have stayed club level about 15 times and I have had more than 2 drinks in a visit/hour. Once they did tell me they were waiting on a Prosecco delivery and it would be 20 minutes but they offered me something else while I waited. I have never stayed at AKL, not sure if it is different with the DVC access.

It was akv and we have stayed before and didn't have this 2 mimosas rule. Maybe new Cheapek thing....

Wrote a long post and deleted as I didn't want to be Elained from Seinfeld (blacklisted). So if anyone is quoting my long post can you please delete.

Wrote a long post and deleted as I didn't want to be Elained from Seinfeld (blacklisted). So if anyone is quoting my long post can you please delete.

I'm sure I am Elained at a few places, including Disney! :welcome:

Have never been limited before. We've sat in the lounge for hours drinking wine. Maybe it's because you were a 'large' group and they had limited stock. If that's a new thing, can't see it lasting...

Denying mimosas @CL: worlds will collide.

Never.
Been given an entire bottle before
But not limited

I've actually had my arm mock twisted to drink more.

Both happened last month. So I'm going with what you came across had nothing to do with Chapek. Who I suspect has naught to do with operations in AKL CL any way.

They had mimosas?! I know what I'm asking for next time....
They all have what is needed
they all have orange juice. Or even POG. Plus other juices they can add to jazz them up
they all have bubbly of some sort
hence they all have the makings for mimosa

It was akv and we have stayed before and didn't have this 2 mimosas rule. Maybe new Cheapek thing....
We have stayed there quite a few times. Once for ten days. Have not been told this particular rule but I’ve seen a couple of staff members that were all over guests about rules. A lot of enforcement but no one was really doing anything that was disruptive. We enjoy it there but I will say in the past I have felt they were more strict or rule oriented then anywhere else we have stayed cl at Disney. I figured it was personality of the particular hosts we had.

Never experienced this at CL either. Our usual CLs are Royal Palm, King Kamehameha and Regatta Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter