Club 33 pricing announced-open to Golden Oaks residents first

What inquiry form? I know I am late to the party, but I sent an email early last month and only got the auto reply. Is there now a form to fill out? Or is that something that happens after they get back to my initial inquiry?
Disney sends the inquiry form if they deem you worthy. Then the next stage is an interview.

I knew it! I'm not worthy!
After you send the email, it can take several months to get the next email. They are moving thru a couple groups first. I know someone who has been waiting a while since they put their inquiry in, and someone who requested and was interviewed within a week.Nothing to do with "worthy" and more to do with whose pile you end up in.

you must also realize Disney probably already knows if you can afford it by a looking up your home value and b the amount of money you have spent historically at Disney, which they love to track and data mine. All in all every Disney guess is just a small multi data point piece in Disneys analytics. As a IT professional, you would be surprised how much info can be accurately learned from just your place of resident and access to a small database with purchase history for example, your shopping rewards card at any location. Disney has not only a database similar to a rewards card to what you buy, but also because of its online shopping portal and its RFID info in the parks, they can even infer your own personal "value" point.

If I was working for Disney and had the info they have just by your address and your Disney affiliated purchases, I could easily tell if you historically would have a problem paying 51k to join and if you could and would be able to afford 51k a year to continue both paying membership dues and continue to shop and visit my parks at the level you currently do
Actually, none of the above is true. They don't look at any of that.

Actually, none of the above is true. They don't look at any of that.

Really? I'd be shocked if they didn't look at the things as @Firebird060 mentioned. They have all the data about: ABD trips, cruises, WDW or DL stays, DVC ownership, etc. I suspect that like Golden Oak owners, people who regularly spend $50k+ on Disney per year would be top choices to fill slots in the club.

Really? I'd be shocked if they didn't look at the things as @Firebird060 mentioned. They have all the data about: ABD trips, cruises, WDW or DL stays, DVC ownership, etc. I suspect that like Golden Oak owners, people who regularly spend $50k+ on Disney per year would be top choices to fill slots in the club.
You'd think, huh!

Well they did allow Golden Oak to join first.

We do have a long history of coming to WDW 2-3 times a year and staying on-site in deluxe resorts. We've owned DVC since 2001 and have had APs for most of the last 15+ years. I'm sure some combination of that helped get us that initial response, though if you go through these boards I'm guessing we're far from unique in that manner.

Disney spent a large undisclosed amount of money on a developing a large data mining program to track everything from sales made, with product placement in parks, cost and value of what a average person on site spends based of teir and tracking what movies, items looked at and even where traffic and crowd level is within the park. Its all a big beast of a program which sometimes has a tendency to break down. Mostly because of how complex and multi faceted it is. Once you get a Disney account or once you enter the park for the first time, you now become a plot of data in a ever expanding code. I mean for every park visitor they even have your finger print. Although i dont have any access to the disney customer data portal, It would be financial stupid of Disney not to capitalize on the program or series of programs that they specifically have designed to try and be seamless to guests experience and to collect this data, to not put in a algorithm that could easily allow them to place a value point on a guest or at least return the important information for any number of Disney financial decisions.

Best example of Disney using this technology that I believe anyone can easily see is with DVC, if you have already been on a DVC tour, call Disney and tell them you want to go on a tour, 90 percent of the time they ask for your reservation and/or email address, that allows Disney to see if you have already taken the tour and if so, how long ago. Also helps prompt them to let them know if you qualify for whatever "promotion" for taking the tour is. If you already have taken the DVC tour you do not qualify for whatever promo they are running. If you havent then they will go into how you will get fast passes and or whatever value disney gift card. This interest is tracked within Disney quite well.

Disney spent a large undisclosed amount of money on a developing a large data mining program to track everything from sales made, with product placement in parks, cost and value of what a average person on site spends based of teir and tracking what movies, items looked at and even where traffic and crowd level is within the park. Its all a big beast of a program which sometimes has a tendency to break down. Mostly because of how complex and multi faceted it is. Once you get a Disney account or once you enter the park for the first time, you now become a plot of data in a ever expanding code. I mean for every park visitor they even have your finger print. Although i dont have any access to the disney customer data portal, It would be financial stupid of Disney not to capitalize on the program or series of programs that they specifically have designed to try and be seamless to guests experience and to collect this data, to not put in a algorithm that could easily allow them to place a value point on a guest or at least return the important information for any number of Disney financial decisions.
I understand this completely. (But, the finger print thing is false, they have a biometric 3 point description of your finger.... And only if you have been to WDW.)

Based on your information above, you'd wonder why someone who doesn't go to WDW, doesn't own DVC, hasn't been on a DCL, doesn't own at the Florida location, hasn't been on a ABD trip, doesn't own a large home or expensive cars, but does go to Disneyland, would be offered a membership. They wouldn't meet most of the criteria you would suspect.

They do use the above to determine pricing, discounts, offers, etc to a mass group. But they don't pinpoint individuals this way.

We do have a long history of coming to WDW 2-3 times a year and staying on-site in deluxe resorts. We've owned DVC since 2001 and have had APs for most of the last 15+ years. I'm sure some combination of that helped get us that initial response, though if you go through these boards I'm guessing we're far from unique in that manner.
I've been to WDW once, I did stay deluxe, I don't own DVC, I have had Disneyland APs since the 90s....

I understand this completely. (But, the finger print thing is false, they have a biometric 3 point description of your finger.... And only if you have been to WDW.)

Based on your information above, you'd wonder why someone who doesn't go to WDW, doesn't own DVC, hasn't been on a DCL, doesn't own at the Florida location, hasn't been on a ABD trip, doesn't own a large home or expensive cars, but does go to Disneyland, would be offered a membership. They wouldn't meet most of the criteria you would suspect.

They do use the above to determine pricing, discounts, offers, etc to a mass group. But they don't pinpoint individuals this way.
WDW is only part of the data, Disney data collection goes from any and all points of contact with a Disney, you yourself just told me you have had a AP since the 90s in Disneyland, I assume you have purchased Items from Disney, or maybe even bought something Online from Disney? Thats all mineable data. As for the fingerprint thing, regardless if its three point description or a full fingerprint doesn't matter, the point is as soon as they scan or register your print you now become part of the Disney data field. Even international guests and visitors are part of this field. Not going to WDW or not owning DVC doesnt limit the inferences Disney can make about you. Those data points will infact give them more info and a closer more accurate assessment. Heck they even encourage people who see the Disney movies in theater to then go and get "points" for watching the movie by entering them on the Disney Movie Rewards website. Disneys data point collection is so integrated into everything client facing that Disney has. The only Disney Products that Disney prob doesnt have data recent data on is possibly the Asian Parks, It all depends on what was in the contract with the partners they have overseas. Disney has more of a interest in Shanghai and Hong Kong and less in Japan. Yet for all we know, Disney has in there contracts with those partners that they are allowed to collect guest data. Regardless the My Disney Experience App and Magicbands are maybe the most public and advanced part of Disneys Data mining abilites but it isnt the only factors, they have alot websites and alot of brands that they own and each one of there customer touch points, including the old fast pass system and keys to kingdom cards, generate lots of data that can be used to build a picture of what your potential value is to disney. This only makes club 33 decisions a subset of what this data can do.

As as side note, I wouldnt worry what Data Disney has on you, so much of everyone's data, is gathered through rewards cards, website history, social media history and purchase history that although Disney has a more sophisticated version of data mining then others doesnt mean its a bad thing. We give consent on data collection all the time, its not a big deal as long as company dont abuse it. I love Disney or I wouldnt be here and as far as I am concerned they can have as much data as they want on me, Im not as concerned

Last edited:
I totally understand that they mine information, I know they use it. I love that they send me information when they think I have been gone too long. But I also know a little of the process here and this isn't how they are doing it. They are not going to target groups (with the exception of 2) and saying "Come join", they are relying on those interested to come to them. To those worrying if they are "worthy", you have put in your inquiry, it is on someone desk, they have a lot of people they are going thru. Feel free to send an email reminding them you are interested, but those also get put in someone's pile. Once you have the inquiry form filled out (step 2), sit back and wait some more. Eventually, they will set up an interview. This interview may or may not be at a convenient time for you. If you can't make it when they ask, they will offer you to reschedule on your next trip. They just ask you to give them 60 days notice. Once you do the interview, then you wait AGAIN for them to make a decision. Then you may get an invitation along with pricing specific to you. Then the offer is subject to a specific length of time. I wish everyone luck in their endeavor!!

Malcon10t, you seem very knowledgeable about the whole process, so I was hoping to tap into that expertise. Would you say that the application process for Disneyland Club 33 is similar to the one you just outlined for Disney World Club 33? Or do they differ a great deal?

Malcon10t, you seem very knowledgeable about the whole process, so I was hoping to tap into that expertise. Would you say that the application process for Disneyland Club 33 is similar to the one you just outlined for Disney World Club 33? Or do they differ a great deal?
They differ in that there are considerably fewer openings at Disneyland's Club. Also, Disneyland's side, you need a referral from a current member to really make any movement in the process. Referrals aren't really needed yet at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter