Clothing regrets?

I regret every outfit I wore to WDW on my 1st trip as a self-dresser (circa 1989). My best friend (or BFF as I would call her then!) and I went together and we matched every single day. My favorite was the day I wore a black and white striped vest, black shorts, and HUGE earrings--top that off with my Jersey Girl perm and a white sailor hat--I can't look at those pictures without cringing.

Luckily I made this mistake at home so I knew NOT to bring these shorts! I sometimes walk on a treadmill, usually in tight "bicycle" style shorts and a loose T-shirt. One day I was wearing these floppy, loose fitting knit (like T-shirt fabric) shorts. Figured it didn't matter, hopped on the treadmill. Those stupid shorts were so bunched up and uncomfortable I finally just gave up! They were worthless!

I can not stress to everyone how important it is to "road test" your clothing! Those shorts never bunched up just walking around in the house, but apparently I never took enough consecutive steps to bunch them! A brisk stroll down Main Street would have been quite a shock! :teeth:

DH had the unfortunate experience of his leather belt bleeding all over his shirt and shorts when it got wet, so watch out for that one, too!

My only really clothing regret, is that I always overpack! I always convince myself that I will really wear everything that I bring, but I never do.
Let me ask my DIS friends a ? while we're speaking of clothes (hope I don't get too OT). My favorite is Snow White, always has been, always will be. I have been collecting Snow White everything for almost 30 years. My last trip, after I had just lost 60 pounds( :cheer2: ) I had taken the best pic of me and Snow White ever, and I had it made into a shirt. Since I am an adult do you think it's weird if I wear that shirt on my next vacation to WDW? My friends that I have asked think I'm nuts, but I think it's great. Will I feel dumb? :confused3

It's a running joke in my family that no matter what I pack, it's always wrong! There could be a snowstorm predicted for Orlando, and if I pack all warm clothes, it will surely be 90 degrees. Same for a hot day prediction, I'll pack summer clothes and we'll all freeze. We always have to end up buying clothes at WDW and DL because I pack the wrong stuff.

And I want everyone to thank me for that beautiful, sunny, upper-80 degree week in January...I packed mittens and sweatshirts for everyone in my family.

Mary

Leighannapb said:
This has always been my advice for any who is trying to decide what to wear at Disney.

1. Put on outfit and stand facing a full length mirror.
2. While standing in front of the mirror turn until your back is facing it.
3. Bend over and look between your legs at your reflection in the mirror.

THIS is what EVERYONE is going to see when you bend over.

This is what everyone sitting in the rows behind you on "It's a Small World" will see when you attempt to sit down with four kids, one diaper bag, six Disney shopping bags, three flat sodas, and several containers of popcorn and cotten candy.

This is what everyone will see when you bend over and attempt to calm a screaming and thrashing child while he/she is trying to escape the stroller.

This is what everyone will see when you bend over to pick up pacifiers and toys dropped by that same child.

Just like white can go see-thru when wet, I bet there are a lot of women out there who don't realize those cute shorts or pants that look good while standing straight can go see-thru when stretched across a bent over rear end.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Steph1976 said:
I made the huge mistake of wearing a cute, loose fitting, cotton, spaghetti strap tank with a strapless bra on the day we went to MGM.

TOT was my second mistake. I was in so much pain that when we came home from vacation I had to go to the doctor. I sprained 'em.

No way!! :rotfl2:

I was probably about 10 and bought a tie dyed overall outfit in Florida and wore without washing it. We were riding the cars at Tomorrowland speedway and it started to rain cats and dogs. When I stood up to get off the cars I was all sudsy and turning various colors. The water was running down my legs and I continued to dye and suds all the stuff I came in contact with the rest of the day.

What I don't understand is my cousin and aunt both got the same outfit and were wearing it both got rained upon and had no problem. I guess my outfit was trying to get me to show my true colors and turn me into a gecko.

From now on I wash everything before I wear it for the first time because you never know who or what had contact with it before you wear it plus you never know what might happen if it gets wet.

Becky

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
DH had the unfortunate experience of his leather belt bleeding all over his shirt and shorts when it got wet, so watch out for that one, too!

This can be a real problem. I was always comfortable in the clothes I took for our trip last May, but after riding Kali Rapids twice, my cute little pink purse/backpack 'bled' all over my damp white t-shirt. And my daughter's treasured Donald Duck hat - safely stored in the bin in the middle of the Kali Rapids ride vehicle - had marks all over from an adjacent backpack.

I'm sure I have worn something really stupid, but I can't remember what. I always try to wear sneakers. This is especially important if I go to a park with inverted, floorless roller coasters (not Disney) so I don't lose my shoes.

The worst fashion blunder I saw at Disney was this very attractive woman wearing shear, tight, white capri pants and the most obvious outline of a thong. It hadn't even rained and it looked so BAD! The worst part, I can't understand why her husband or her girlfriend didn't tell her. How could they NOT notice?

Max is my favorite cat! :love:

A few years ago before I lost 65 pounds, I wore a pair of jean shorts, which spent most of the day rubbing against my legs. In the words of Jon Pinette commenting on his August WDW trip, "You could have roasted a turkey in between my thighs!" :)

Let's just say the diaper rash ointment came in really handy! :)

The biggest mistake I made was thinking a sandals gal can go to the park and wear sneakers. My feet hurt after a day at the park with sneakers, but as I was always taught, sneakers are good for your feet when walking, I tried again on day 2. DH suggested wearing my sandals to give my feet a break, what a relief. I'm brining my 2 good pair of sandals this year and sneakers, just in case but I wouldn't count on the sneakers. :cool1:

athenna said:
I had taken the best pic of me and Snow White ever, and I had it made into a shirt. Since I am an adult do you think it's weird if I wear that shirt on my next vacation to WDW? My friends that I have asked think I'm nuts, but I think it's great. Will I feel dumb? :confused3

If there's anywhere on the planet that you should NOT feel dumb or weird wearing a t-shirt like that, it's WDW! You may even overhear some envious comments: "Hey, I want a t-shirt with me and Snow White on it!"

Dark colored clothing... way too hot in the Summer and it attracts mosquitoes.

Also hats in the summer. All they do is make your head sweaty and puts a shadow onto your face in all your vacation photos. Better to let your head breath.

This is a funny one!

My first trip. . . my first day. . . heading to the MK. :flower:

I wore a Land's End polo shirt (very comfy, and I love it). However, it was made of an odd materinal (I don't remember what). But it turned out to be a bit hotter than expected that day (It was definitley in the upper 90's, and we were expecting mid 80's all week). Well, I couldnt' stop sweating! And the material of this shirt was a bit weird and soaking it all up!!! I had huge sweat spots all over me by the time we got off the boat to the MK!! :earseek: :rotfl2:

We took one picture of the castle. . and then into the shops. I bought the first sleeveless shirt I could find that was moderately my style and something that I might actaully wear again. I still have the shirt (I wear it to sleep all the time), as a lovely memory of my first day at WDW.

My advise. . .be careful of the material. Why have sweat spots if you can avoid it! ;)

I took some shorts that I had worn ocassionally at home for short amounts of times. After a day of wearing them at Epcot the fabric had rubbed my thighs raw. It was so bad that I had to buy some of those fabric sticky things that I think are for blisters - you can cut them to the proper size (they are about 3x5 maybe) and put them on my thighs. I NEVER wore those shorts again. And they were Liz Claiborne and not on sale.

:love:

Thanks for all the suggestions! As someone who is headed to the MK for the first time in 18 days, these are really coming in handy ..

Thanks!
Jay

A few years ago, I had the idea to wear a denim jumper one day (first and last time I brought a skirt-type thing). Well, that day was record cold (January, 2001, I think) and I went on KS in AK. When I got off, I went in the restroom and I swear my legs were as blue as the denim in my jumper. Definitely too much cold breeze!

gonga said:
The last time I wore underwear! I bought new underwear and packed it without washing it first. After wearing this brand new underwear for an hour on a hot steamy day...well let's say I was not in the best mood. The starch they put in it to make it look nice in the package was soo itchy it was making me crazy. So I went to the ladies room, took off my underwear and just left it hanging on the hook in the booth.....just for giggles!!

Don't falme me....they were brand new.

Okay not a flame, just a comment....Technically they are not "new" because you did wear them even if for only an hour :crazy2: (okay maybe the yucky face is a flame! sorry!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter