"Clothing Optional Beach" near Cocoa!?!?!?!?!?!

hellow

DIS Veteran
Check out this link describing the Merrit Island National Wildlife Refuge/Cape Canaveral National Seashore. DOes anyone have any details to share. I am taking this trip to celebrate my 40th birthday, but I wasn't planning on wearing my "birthday suit" in public!!!

It sounds like a great place to view wildlife, but will the other "attractions" distract us? Ecotours :D

I hope I am not offending anyone,

I did some research, and for anyone else who doesn't want a "surprise", the two beaches where this occurs is Apollo Beach and Playalinda on the Canaveral National Seashore. Apparently there are only tiny signs indicating that its a "clothing optional" beach at Apollo, and on Playalinda, there are signs that say "no nude sunbathing", but it traditionally has been one.

Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge by Canaveral National Seashore sounds very interesting, but I wanted to make sure of what I was getting into, before I just wandered there. It sounds like you can explore the Wildlife refuge without going through the "clothing optional" areas.

Just a heads up in case this is something you would not want to "stumble" on with your family in tow...

Anyone else have info..We wanted to go here to see the manetees. Has anyone been?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter