Clothes drying rack recommendations

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
I'm looking for recommendations on a good clothes drying rack- our main use of it will be for swimsuits and swimming towels, so we want a nice, sturdy one

Will you be in a tent, RV, TT or popup? Do you want one that mounts to an RV ladder? We purchased ours from Costco and folds up easily for storage under our RV bed.

We'll be in a fifth wheel camper. I don't think we want anything that attaches to the camper- we'll already have our bike rack on the back.

Home Depot also carries a folding clothes dryer. Folds out gives you 4 sides to put clothes on.

If you pass through the LaCrosse area on your way down, stop at the numerous Amish farms near Cashton. They have awesome wooden ones about six foot wide, and about five feet tall that expand out. Varnished and ready to go. And fold up to be about 8 inches wide. We take ours and store it in the fiver master closet while traveling. Love it, sturdy and well-made.

I saw one on Pinterest made with pvc pipes. Think will get DH to try to recreate.

I have one of these too and would advise against this design. Being tall with a narrow base, the clothing catches the wind and it blows over easily.

Tent stakes over
I have one of these too and would advise against this design. Being tall with a narrow base, the clothing catches the wind and it blows over easily.
Use a tent stake over the lower leg and secure to the ground. Immediately fixed that problem. Just use the metal stakes as the "J" shaped end will fit perfectly over the leg. Typically we have plenty of tent stakes with all the easy ups and canopies.

I made one out of 1/2 inch PVC pipe that I velco to my bike rake hanging on the RVs ladder. It can double as a safety barrier for the overhead bunk. Home Depot even cut the lengths for me so it was easy to do...and cheap...

Thanks! We didn't want to put holes in the trailer so this was perfect. Used it for the first time last fall, did great with wet towels and suits
How many arms does that thing have?

Looks like 3, but wasn't sure.

I built mine with PVC pipe. I used screw fittings for the uprights and then just snapped the top pieces in place. I have a small grill sized ezup to cover it in the Florida rains.DryRack627.JPG

Does your bike rack happen to be the hitch receiver kind that holds the bikes by the top tubes? If so, you can do what we do and put PVC pipes in the bike slots (we keep the pipes in the bumper when traveling):

IMG_20130704_092153_506_zps6de7427b.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter