Closing Time!

Getting the wrong email can happen, heck it happened on my direct purchase last March when DVC’s 2nd email w/ an extra closing document to my co-owner son bounced back & that was after the bulk of the documents had gone to his correct email.
Buyers can gum up the works, my most recent resale was w/ Mason & things were moving along swimmingly until the UK sellers opted to send their notarized documents back via ‘the Queen’s mail’ rather than using the FedEx label Mason had provided to them & instructed them to use thus adding 10+ days for the documents to arrive.
When Mason/the broker reached out to the buyer the buyer could have claimed to have not gotten the email when in fact they did get it but were dragging their feet. Mason doesn’t normally wait 7 days after all documents are received to close & record the deed. Add that extra time to the so called email issue & I’m wondering if your sellers need to bring $ to the table - have you taken a look at the sellers‘ deed on the Orange County Comptroller’s site to see when they bought & how much they paid?

It would the Kings Mail nowadays as the Queen died sadly.... But alive in March last year......

you know what i do find sort of interesting. I have looked back at peoples timeframe from deed entry to contract in membership new members and existing.
They are from 6 days ...many 7 and 8. Then all of a sudden you get a 15 days and 10 days .. no rhyme or reason. These are all recent too. I would like to be at the 7 day mark lol OH that is today lolololol
Yes, I've been noticing that too. It feels like the average is around 7-10 days, which means anytime in the next few days! but i'm not as much in a rush as i was before. we just need everything loaded in by april 14th, which i am 99% confident we will have.

Our sellers are really dragging their feet and it’s getting annoying

Home Resort OKW

Broker:

Title Company: MASON

Offer made: 2/17/2023

Offer accepted: 2/17/2023

Sent to ROFR: 2/23/2023

Passed ROFR: 3/3/2023

Closing docs received: 3/13/2023

Closing docs returned: 3/13/2023 (buyer )

Seller still hasn’t returned their docs :/

Closing:

Deed recorded:

Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):

Points in account:

Days Total:

Update

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs Resort
Broker: www.fidelityrealesate.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 03/08/23
Offer accepted: 03/09/23
Sent to ROFR: 03/16/2023
Passed ROFR: 03/23/23
Closing docs received:03/23/23
Closing docs returned: Buyer 03/23/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs Resort
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 03/20/23
Offer accepted: 03/20/23
Sent to ROFR: 03/22/23
Passed ROFR: 04/04/23
Closing docs received: 04/21/23
Closing docs returned: 04/21/23 Buyer (05/02/23 Seller)
Funds wired: 04/21/23
Closing: 05/04/23
Deed recorded: 05/09/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): Activation email 05/27/23
Club ID email 06/07/23 after several chats, calls and an email
Points in account: 6/10/2023 - After logging into the member dashboard and seeing the great deal on GF and making a direct purchase.
Days Total: 82

Last edited:
Update 1

Home Resort: SSR
Broker:https://www.****************.com
Offer made: 3/3/23
Offer accepted: 3/4/23
Sent to ROFR:3/7/23
Passed ROFR: 3/10/23
Closing docs received:3/15/23
Closing docs returned: buyer, 3/15/23, seller, 3/21/23
Funds wired 3/22/23
Closing: 3/23/23
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update 1

Broker:https://www.****************.com
Offer made: 3/3/23
Offer accepted: 3/4/23
Sent to ROFR:3/7/23
Passed ROFR: 3/10/23
Closing docs received:3/15/23
Closing docs returned: buyer, 3/15/23, seller, 3/21/23
Funds wired 3/22/23
Closing: 3/23/23
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Did someone at Mason notify you once the seller signed the closing docs? Or did you have to contact them to ask?

Did someone at Mason notify you once the seller signed the closing docs? Or did you have to contact them to ask?
I asked them to let me know when I returned ours and they did. We didn't send our funds untll they had all the docs back because we tried to buy a contract last year where the sellers were constantly slow at returning documents. We backed out when our closing date came and went without the documents. Our money had sat in escrow for over 6 weeks- we got it all back (minus the wire transfer fee) and Mason (also the the title company on that deal) was great to work with but we didn't want to have that happen again.

I asked them to let me know when I returned ours and they did. We didn't send our funds untll they had all the docs back because we tried to buy a contract last year where the sellers were constantly slow at returning documents. We backed out when our closing date came and went without the documents. Our money had sat in escrow for over 6 weeks- we got it all back (minus the wire transfer fee) and Mason (also the the title company on that deal) was great to work with but we didn't want to have that happen again.

Yeah, we signed our closing docs yesterday and I emailed Cammy to ask her to notify me when the sellers sign so I can wire over money. I hope it doesn't take too long.

Home Resort: Aulani
Broker: www.fidelityrealesate.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 03/08/23
Offer accepted: 03/09/23
Sent to ROFR: 03/16/2023
Passed ROFR: 03/23/23
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Our sellers are really dragging their feet and it’s getting annoying

Home Resort OKW

Broker:

Title Company: MASON

Offer made: 2/17/2023

Offer accepted: 2/17/2023

Sent to ROFR: 2/23/2023

Passed ROFR: 3/3/2023

Closing docs received: 3/13/2023

Closing docs returned: 3/13/2023 (buyer )

Seller still hasn’t returned their docs :/

Closing:

Deed recorded:

Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):

Points in account:

Days Total:
I feel your pain - I waited almost 3 weeks for my sellers' signatures.
Double-check to make sure the title company has their correct contact info.
First time I checked on mine, they told me they had "left word" with the seller, but turns out they had bum contact info. Only after 2 more calls, did I get the sales agent to contact the seller, and found out they (seller) had not received the email from the title company. So it's worth double-checking.

How do I find deed recording? I think I did it right on the comptroller site but our paperwork and payment was complete on March 6th. Mason reported closing as March 15th, yet I still don't see it. Edit: Maybe i did it wrong, I can't pull up my direct or previous resales on the site either.

How do I find deed recording? I think I did it right on the comptroller site but our paperwork and payment was complete on March 6th. Mason reported closing as March 15th, yet I still don't see it. Edit: Maybe i did it wrong, I can't pull up my direct or previous resales on the site either.
Put your name in the grantee box and see what shows up

Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 2/23/2023
Offer accepted: 2/23/2023
Signed Contracts:2/24/2023(1day)
Deposit Received:2/27/2023(3days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/28/2023(1day)
Passed ROFR: 3/8/2023(9days)
Closing docs received: 3/9/2023(1day)
Closing docs returned: buyer 3/10/2023(1day); seller 3/22/23(13days)
Funds Wired: 3/23/23 (1day)
Closing:3/31/23 (8days)
Deed recorded: 4/3/23 (4days)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member add-on): 4/14/23 (11days)
Points in account: 4/19/23 (5 days) - did not call to load, just waited.

Total Days: 57 Days

I saw another member add in parenthesis the count of days. I thought this was extra helpful, so I adopted it as well.

This wasn't the quickest transaction reported on this thread, but I can say I had no mishaps, just had to wait for the process to finish.

Last edited:
Home Resort: Boardwalk
Broker: https://dvcbyresale.com

Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet, Attorney at Law
Offer made: 3/13/23
Offer accepted: 3/13/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/14/23
Passed ROFR: 3/23/23
Closing docs received: 3/23/23
Closing docs returned: 3/23/23
Funds wired: 3/23/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

I am so happy to have moved from stalking the ROFR thread to the closing thread!

You can place your name in the top right section which states either party to search. Make sure to use last name first and middle initial as you signed on your paperwork. The picture below shows the occompt site for reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323_201913_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_201913_Chrome.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 10
You can place your name in the top right section which states either party to search. Make sure to use last name first and middle initial as you signed on your paperwork. The picture below shows the occompt site for reference.
This presumes an Orange County, Florida timeshare. Other states have their own recording sites.

Home Resort: Boardwalk Villa
Broker:DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/9/23
Offer accepted: 3/9/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/10/23
Passed ROFR 3/23/23
Estoppel submitted : 3/23/23
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Contract Showing on Membership: (Existing member)
Points in account:

I now have two properties that I am waiting on closing documents. The other BWV is at day 17 and still waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter