Closing Time!

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 5/12/2022
Offer accepted: 5/12/2022 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 5/12/2022 (0 days)
Passed ROFR: 6/15/2022 (34 days)
Closing docs received: 06/16/2022 (35 days)
Closing docs returned: 06/16/2022 (35 days)
Funds sent: 6/16/22 (35 days)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

And now my other one has passed ROFR!!

Home Resort: SSR
Broker:www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company:Magic Vacation Title
Offer made:05/01/22
Offer accepted:05/01/22
Sent to ROFR:05/03/22
Passed ROFR: 05/26/22
Closing docs received: 06/16/22
Closing docs returned:06/16/22 (buyer)
Funds sent: 06/17/22
Closing: 06/24/22
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

I can only fill out part of the information for now, but I wanted to give others who are also dealing with the same broker and title company an idea of wait time.

Last edited:
Closing docs received: 06/16/22 (21 days)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

I can only fill out part of the information for now, but I wanted to give others who are also dealing with the same broker and title company an idea of wait time.
I passed ROFR on 5/25 and have yet to receive my closing documents. I am beyond frustrated.

I passed ROFR on 5/25 and have yet to receive my closing documents. I am beyond frustrated.
I hear ya!! I emailed them yesterday letting them know it is 3 weeks since ROFR. She checked with our closer and today we got our documents. Our closing is July 18 and I would like the points loaded by mid August as we have airfare booked for March.

Closing docs received: 06/16/22 (21 days)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

I passed ROFR on 5/28 and am still waiting too. These closing post updates give me hope that they're crawling incrementally closer to preparing my closing documents. 😭

Hi folks. I hope this isn't a silly question, but every time I think I understand the process I discover there’s so much more to learn. Once closing is completed, what is (generally speaking) the amount of time that folks have found transpires between that day and the deed being recorded and receiving the email from Disney welcoming you to DVC and getting the points into the account? I know it will make sense once I’ve gone through the experience, but it all seems a mystery as I sit here typing this message.

Hi folks. I hope this isn't a silly question, but every time I think I understand the process I discover there’s so much more to learn. Once closing is completed, what is (generally speaking) the amount of time that folks have found transpires between that day and the deed being recorded and receiving the email from Disney welcoming you to DVC and getting the points into the account? I know it will make sense once I’ve gone through the experience, but it all seems a mystery as I sit here typing this message.

It can take anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks, on average for the process to have your account and points.

Deed should be recorded a few business days after closing. 2-4 weeks for the account to be created by Disney and you get the 2 emails to activate your new account. Then it seems you are best to contact members services to load your points. It may take multiple attempts depending on the cast member. If you dont contact member services then 2ish weeks for points to show up.

Update:

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/13/22
Offer accepted: 4/13/22
Sent to ROFR: 4/14/22
Passed ROFR: 5/19/22
Estoppel Issued: 5/19/22
Closing docs received: 6/8/22
Buyer Closing docs returned: 6/13/22
Seller Closing docs returned: 6/13/22
Closing: 6/17/22
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Somebody smarter than me— seems like Disney is taking around 15-20 days to start a new account, and then folks have success getting points loaded through chat or phone? Does all that check out. Just impatient and wanting to book a trip. We closed yesterday.

Final update!

Broker: dvcresale.com
Title Company: Magic vacation title
Offer made: 4/05/2022
Offer accepted: 4/06/2022
Sent to ROFR: 04/07/2022
Passed ROFR: 05/03/2022
Closing docs received: 05/24/2022
Closing docs returned: 5/25 (buyer)
Closing docs returned: 5/27 (Seller)
Closing: 6/2/2022
Deed recorded: 6/6/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new): 6/18 ( emails recieved )
Points in account: 6/19 ( added through chat with cast member via dvc site after activation)

Days Total: 75

I'm happy with the contract (triple points at start) but I think I'll only do resale for small contracts going forward, where I don't mind how long it takes. The three weeks for closing documents was a little much for what appeared to be cookie cut documents.

I think I'll buy 50 points a year direct to work towards blue card.

I can finally move over from the ROFR thread!

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Offer made: 5/9/2022
Offer accepted: 5/9/2022
Sent to ROFR: 5/10/2022
Passed ROFR: 5/28/2022
Closing docs received: 6/20/2022
Closing docs returned: 6/20/2022 (buyer)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 4/23
Offer accepted: 4/25
Sent to ROFR: 4/29
Passed ROFR: 5/25
Closing docs received: 6/10
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Just received closing docs today. Am I too early to submit my entry to the thread? I'm so excited (first DVC purchase)!
Update:

Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 4/23
Offer accepted: 4/25
Sent to ROFR: 4/29
Passed ROFR: 5/25
Closing docs received: 6/10
Closing docs returned: 6/14
Closing: 6/20
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update:

Broker: DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 4/13/22
Offer accepted: 4/13/22
Sent to ROFR: 4/14/22
Passed ROFR: 5/19/22
Estoppel Issued: 5/19/22
Closing docs received: 6/8/22
Buyer Closing docs returned: 6/13/22
Seller Closing docs returned: 6/13/22
Closing: 6/17/22
Deed recorded: 6/20/22
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: DVCStore.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/12/22
Offer accepted: 4/12/22
Sent to ROFR: 4/15/22
Passed ROFR: 5/16/22
Closing docs received: 5/23/22
Buyer Closing docs returned: 5/24/22
Funds Sent:5/24/22
Closing: 6/07/22
Deed recorded: 6/08/22
Contract Showing on Membership (New Member): 6/20/22 (Emailed received at 12:05 pm and then club Id at 1:45 pm)
Points in account:6/21/22- (Added via Chat 26 hours after initial email of account set up)

Days Total:70 Days

Many many times I second guessed this process and questioned myself for not going direct just because it felt so long. I actually have decided to purchase more points via direct for the current add on member incentives. VGF here I come!

Final update!

Broker: dvcresale.com
Title Company: Magic vacation title
Offer made: 4/05/2022
Offer accepted: 4/06/2022
Sent to ROFR: 04/07/2022
Passed ROFR: 05/03/2022
Closing docs received: 05/24/2022
Closing docs returned: 5/25 (buyer)
Closing docs returned: 5/27 (Seller)
Closing: 6/2/2022
Deed recorded: 6/6/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new): 6/18 ( emails recieved )
Points in account: 6/19 ( added through chat with cast member via dvc site after activation)

Days Total: 75

I'm happy with the contract (triple points at start) but I think I'll only do resale for small contracts going forward, where I don't mind how long it takes. The three weeks for closing documents was a little much for what appeared to be cookie cut documents.

I think I'll buy 50 points a year direct to work towards blue card.
I’ve never thought of small increments direct to build up to the 150…. 😳 I just assumed all your direct pts needed to be in one contract to receive all the benefits. This gives me more food for thought.

I’ve never thought of small increments direct to build up to the 150…. 😳 I just assumed all your direct pts needed to be in one contract to receive all the benefits. This gives me more food for thought.
FYI, you can only do this if you are an existing member and they must be same UY as existing contract. New Members must buy 150 points as a 1st purchase.

Does anyone know if First American Title files deeds electronically for Vero or whether they are snail mailed? They allegedly sent all of my stuff out the other day to be recorded but when I use the website, I cannot find any history of it being recorded.

FYI, you can only do this if you are an existing member and they must be same UY as existing contract. New Members must buy 150 points as a 1st purchase.
To clarify, does it matter if my only contract is via resale? Im an existing member via resale, then I begin to acquire small contracts with the same UY as my original resale contract?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter