(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! No the Lamborghini was yellow. Heck the Ferarri wasn't even Ferrrai Red, it was black. I would like to drive on the Nurburgring as well but the closest I will get is in Gran Turismo on my Playstation.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: YES I would recommend the EDE to any one who has ever dreamed of owning cars like the ones they offer or you want to see what an exotic car can really do. The cool part is you get to really open it up and see what it can do, depending on how much you are comfortable with. I have no fear pushing it and I had a blast! All the cars offered can be driven in automatic mode or with the flappy paddle shifters (Top Gear nuts will get that reference) and I highly recommend flappy paddle shifters. The Lamborghini was not as smooth shifting as the Ferarri though it is still exhilarating.

Here is the link to the post I made for my experience last September with the Ferarri.

Here is the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 that I drove
b6394748b4efc870ee5f04055658c973_zpsbf2bb314.jpg

4fb8d80ad51480ab992fcbeb3c5c335b_zpsf1f22ffb.jpg

We now return you to our regularly scheduled Lodge broadcast :)
JD

Oh! My DH would love that.. I have looked into this before.. But hadn't actually heard real reviews. How long was he experience?

I have a question for the WL experts

Is there any way to avoid that hallway that doesn't involve steps? I'll be pushing my mother in a wheelchair. Three years ago, I could barely make it up that hallway (she's heavy) and I know it's going to be a problem again.

I don't remember if we can avoid that hallway entirely...

Thanks

You absolutely can avoid it. The elevators in the wings of the resort go all the way down to the 1st floor, (where Roaring Fork is in the North wing) while the lobby ones only go down to 2 ( the lobby level). So you could always walk down a hotel hallway and use the wing elevators of your choice. To connect between the North Wing and lobby, just go up to floor 4 or higher.
Happy planning and enjoy your trip. I bet your Mom will.

You absolutely can avoid it. The elevators in the wings of the resort go all the way down to the 1st floor, (where Roaring Fork is in the North wing) while the lobby ones only go down to 2 ( the lobby level). So you could always walk down a hotel hallway and use the wing elevators of your choice. To connect between the North Wing and lobby, just go up to floor 4 or higher.
Happy planning and enjoy your trip. I bet your Mom will.

Whew! So if we're coming back to the hotel from the boats, I'll enter the north wing door prior to entering the main door that leads to the sloping hallway? Then I could take the elevator to either the lobby floor or directly to our room level and just wheel around on level ground, right? I can't believe I didn't know this three years ago!

I had Shower Gel at BWI in August. In fact, we used it as bubble bath for our "after parks" PJ party!
That makes me remember how much I loved that BLT whirlpool tub:lovestruc

Just returned to NY from my first stay at the lodge! Wow is all I can say! We were upgraded from a standard view to woods view, room 4102. It was literally a two minute walk to the bus stop and less than 5 to Roaring Fork and the bus. It was sooo convenient for filling our mugs in the mornings and afternoons.
The busses were amazing-- we never waited more than 10 mins, and it was usually less than 5. We took the boat a few times to the MK, which was lovely at night.
The room and the resort were so peaceful and beautiful. And for those of you who said it wouldn't be our last-- you're right! We booked a bounceback for September 2014! Already can't wait!!
What a great upgrade. Congratulations on booking a BB!

Just here for a quick therapy session. :lmao: I've rebooked my stay for the 3rd time...and I leave Sunday! Originally I got a courtyard view at the regular discount but a few weeks later was able to get a woods view to save a few more dollars since I'm splurging for WL this trip. I missed out on the AP discount when those were release but have been checking daily for something less than a bunk bed room to show up. Persistence finally paid off today! :banana: Found the woods view AP discount available today and called to rebook and add QS dining.
WOOHOO! Check in with us if you can and have a great vacation:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSLLN76lwLY&feature=share&list=UUC2ubpUf2dcYoNsrAOL5zWg

Loved staying at the Wilderness Lodge... most-likely we will be heading back in 2014 before our youngest turns 3 and we officially become a family of 5 according to Disney and we will be forced to stay in a suite...
Loved hearing the lobby music, the bubbling "hot springs" and that empty bus was great! Hope you get to book your next stay soon.

Actually, I'm a "she":blush: . . .

I'll try scoping out the housekeeping carts tomorrow and see what I see. It could be that they are temporarily out. This is just the first trip at any deluxe where I haven't had it (had it here at WL in January, and as recently as July at Poly).

Oh, and they were installing different drink machines at Roaring Forks today, and had the Rapid Fill signs at the cashier with the prices.
I should know better than that having been referred to as "he" a few times on the DIS. Not an excuse, but for some reason I thought you mentioned 'DW' over on the CR thread years ago, but obviously, I had you confused with someone else - my apologies:blush:. I hope you get your shower gel soon. They do have it in the Mercantile, but you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Quick question:

If I ordered some things off the internet (I live in Mexico) and they arrive at WL on wednesday and se arrive on monday, will I be charged storage for them?

TIA
Bienvenidos! I've never shipped anything, but I believe they will hold it until you check-in at no charge. Only the Convention resorts with Business Centers charge a fee at pick-up, but someone correct me here if I'm wrong. Also, make sure your reservation number and arrival date is on your package.

LOL! No the Lamborghini was yellow. Heck the Ferarri wasn't even Ferrrai Red, it was black. I would like to drive on the Nurburgring as well but the closest I will get is in Gran Turismo on my Playstation.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: YES I would recommend the EDE to any one who has ever dreamed of owning cars like the ones they offer or you want to see what an exotic car can really do. The cool part is you get to really open it up and see what it can do, depending on how much you are comfortable with. I have no fear pushing it and I had a blast! All the cars offered can be driven in automatic mode or with the flappy paddle shifters (Top Gear nuts will get that reference) and I highly recommend flappy paddle shifters. The Lamborghini was not as smooth shifting as the Ferarri though it is still exhilarating.

Here is the link to the post I made for my experience last September with the Ferarri.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled Lodge broadcast :)
JD
Thanks for the cool photos and link with even more cool photos! No mannies, huh? Well, that's too bad, but they're becoming a dying breed. What will you choose next year?:hyper:

We had a great day today, but being at WL I guess that's no surprise. It started out at AK, so Allie's dress was a Mickey Safari dress.

null_zps81dbade1.jpg

Melissa also took a few more Lodge pics at sunrise:

Then this afternoon we had the pleasure of meeting up with R2-JD and LuvGoldens in the lobby. We had a great time chatting and then had dinner together at Downtown Disney. They got a proper introduction from Allie

The Exotic Driving Experience sounds amazing, and is on our must do sometime list. It was great to meet fellow DisBoards WL friends.
Love the meet & greet photos and hey, isn't that our favorite goat? Affection Station is the highlight of every AK visit. Allie's dress must have gotten many comments. Thanks for more photos!

Hi All

we are going on our first WDW adventure all the way from Australia in October/November this year. We were going to be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. For various reasons we decided to change our res and have now booked the Wilderness Lodge. We arrive 30 Oct and stay for 12 nights. We are doing Mickey's Halloween party and also the first Christmas party. We have booked a Courtyard room and are really hoping for a lovely view. When we first saw the photos of WL lobby and outside, it reminded us allot of Grand Californian. We stayed at GC in 2010 which was our first Disney visit and a very special trip for us, so when we saw the pictures of WL we knew that was the place for us. I found the picture thread for WL and it only helped solidify our decision and now know it was definitely right for us.

I started reading this thread at the beginning and got a few pages in, but as it was started quite a few years ago I skipped ahead to about page 100 but need to go back to the beginning.

It's now 45 days out till we leave and 50 days till we start WDW..cant wait!
What a terrific switcheroo you made, (not to be confused with a didgeridoo). Congrats! Did you also see the WL photographic TR I posted Sunday?

Let us know if you have any questions:)

ETA: JD and Paul sure have the makings of some great Christmas cards!

Whew! So if we're coming back to the hotel from the boats, I'll enter the north wing door prior to entering the main door that leads to the sloping hallway? Then I could take the elevator to either the lobby floor or directly to our room level and just wheel around on level ground, right? I can't believe I didn't know this three years ago!

Yup, then push your way past the lobby looking down to the south bank of elevators..

Almost totally right, the only thing is you can't take the North wing elevators to the lobby floor and connect to the lobby. Artist Point gets in the way. So, you could go direct to your room level or you could go to the 4th floor or higher, then go across to the lobby elevators and down to the lobby. You can enter right in front of Roaring Fork, just turn right to head for the elevators instead of left for the ramp. Alternatively you could walk across the pool courtyard from the boats and enter the South wing near the elevators and go to whatever floor you would like, including the lobby floor.

Hi All

we are going on our first WDW adventure all the way from Australia in October/November this year.

When we first saw the photos of WL lobby and outside, it reminded us allot of Grand Californian. We stayed at GC in 2010 which was our first Disney visit and a very special trip for us, so when we saw the pictures of WL we knew that was the place for us. I found the picture thread for WL and it only helped solidify our decision and now know it was definitely right for us.

Welcome! We initially chose WL based on its similarity to GrandCalifornian as well. They are probably the most similar of any two separate Disney resorts, and they are both beautiful. To us it feels like WL is bigger, and the beautiful location with views of Bay Lake is amazing. The quick service food at WL is more centrally located, but definitely not as quiet as Whitewater Snacks unless you go at an off time. The WL lobby is just amazing, perhaps even more so than our beloved Grand Californian. I am glad you found pics, most of us just can't get enough of them. :)

Thanks for the cool photos and link with even more cool photos! No mannies, huh? Well, that's too bad, but they're becoming a dying breed. What will you choose next year?:hyper:
Nope no mannies. They mentioned that they don't want anyone to take both hands off the wheel while driving so they made sure all the cars don't have mannies.

Oh! My DH would love that.. I have looked into this before.. But hadn't actually heard real reviews. How long was he experience?
The experience in total takes about two hours, but you will be in the car for at most 15 minutes.

JD

Almost totally right, the only thing is you can't take the North wing elevators to the lobby floor and connect to the lobby. Artist Point gets in the way. So, you could go direct to your room level or you could go to the 4th floor or higher, then go across to the lobby elevators and down to the lobby. You can enter right in front of Roaring Fork, just turn right to head for the elevators instead of left for the ramp. Alternatively you could walk across the pool courtyard from the boats and enter the South wing near the elevators and go to whatever floor you would like, including the lobby floor.

I understand perfectly! You have no idea how much you've lessened my dread of that hallway!

Thank you, too, pepe of ohio!

Alternatively you could walk across the pool courtyard from the boats and enter the South wing near the elevators and go to whatever floor you would like, including the lobby floor.

That is what I was thinking..the South side elevators go to all floors, but it would be a hike across the pool deck! LOL

We finally made it here yesterday and I have to tell you that this resort is everything everybody said it would be. It is so beautiful and restful we never want to leave. Here are some pictures I took so far.

From Our Balcony

Lobby

We finally made it here yesterday and I have to tell you that this resort is everything everybody said it would be. It is so beautiful and restful we never want to leave.

Hello Moonshadow!! I hope you have a fabulous time!! Could you please tell me what the crowds in the parks are like right now? We will be at the World next Wednesday and I'm curious how crowd levels are. TIA and those pictures are AMAZING!!! :flower3:

Hello Moonshadow!! I hope you have a fabulous time!! Could you please tell me what the crowds in the parks are like right now? We will be at the World next Wednesday and I'm curious how crowd levels are. TIA and those pictures are AMAZING!!! :flower3:

Thanks hebbynan. We headed into MK around 3:00pm yesterday and stayed to closing 10:00pm. It was not bad at all. A little busy at Peter Pan but in other areas of the park we zipped onto rides. The resort is not crowded. September is definitely a good time to come.

I know the main pool closes at midnight, what about the quiet pool?

We'll be at MNSSHP until midnight, then we'll have to get back to the WL so let's say 12:30 or 1am-ish. Would I be able to put on a swimsuit and take a relaxing, cooling dip in the pool? I don't need a life guard.

Thanks Moonshadow!! You just seriously made my day!!!! pixiedust:

My friend was there Sunday and said it was dead...5 minute wait for Everest.

I will be meeting her there on Sunday for lunch at Tusker House and will let you know how AK and MK are!

I forgot to tell you all I will be making a day trip to AK and MK on Sunday. My nieces birthday is Saturday (they live in Tampa) ..we are going to AK for lunch with Mickey and Minnie. Just a little taste of Disney to get me through 52 more days till the Lodge!!!

Bienvenidos! I've never shipped anything, but I believe they will hold it until you check-in at no charge. Only the Convention resorts with Business Centers charge a fee at pick-up, but someone correct me here if I'm wrong. Also, make sure your reservation number and arrival date is on your package.

Thank you :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter