(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! How did the upgrade come about? What was your original reservation for? Curious as I am checking in there in a few days!!
As WDWKOOK said, it occurs at check-in. Since our room was booked as a Garden Wing Deluxe room, my DH waited for me out front in the car as we knew we'd need to drive around the side to go to the Garden Wing parking lot. A lovely CM named May was waiting for me at the CR entrance (security called ahead to tell her we had arrived). She met me near the front door and didn't spill the beans other than we'd be checking in "upstairs". We arrived at the 12th Floor CL where the upgrade was revealed. I must say I was shaking a little bit. :goodvibes We've been lucky to get magical upgrades before, but never to this magnitude.

Called to book a backup room at the contemporary for my trip late January - no garden wing rooms available! This far out? I still am hoping I can do a point rental with Davids but I wanted a backup plan. Even the disney guy I spoke with thought that was unusual. Is there an evert I don't know about January 26-31st?

Rooms open all the time at the CR. Just because there are no garden wing rooms available now doesn't mean there won't be some open up for the dates you want for your trip later.

Called to book a backup room at the contemporary for my trip late January - no garden wing rooms available! This far out? I still am hoping I can do a point rental with Davids but I wanted a backup plan. Even the disney guy I spoke with thought that was unusual. Is there an evert I don't know about January 26-31st?
I, too, am having difficulty booking easy rooms for early 2014. Looks like CRO has a case of the "jimmies". :crazy2:

Thanks so much for doing this! It was wonderful and so informative! We are staying here in 3 months and this post answered so many of my questions, while creating more excitement for us! Great job and many thanks! :thumbsup2

HokieKT said:

I have the exact same dates for BLT next year.

I have the exact same dates for BLT next year.

I had a BLT request in with David's for 1/27-1/30. They couldn't fill it in 2 weeks of waiting, so I got nervous, canceled, and booked rack rate through Disney :sick: :scared: However, I am happy to say they WERE able to get me AKV within 2 days of my request for the few nights prior, so I'm just going to call it even. This way I only lose 3 nights worth of money instead of 6 if I have to cancel since my AKV reservation is non-refundable. I actually feel much more comfortable with my plan now. Good luck!

singastory said:
I had a BLT request in with David's for 1/27-1/30. They couldn't fill it in 2 weeks of waiting, so I got nervous, canceled, and booked rack rate through Disney :sick: :scared: However, I am happy to say they WERE able to get me AKV within 2 days of my request for the few nights prior, so I'm just going to call it even. This way I only lose 3 nights worth of money instead of 6 if I have to cancel since my AKV reservation is non-refundable. I actually feel much more comfortable with my plan now. Good luck!

Can all tower park view rooms see the fire works?

WDWKOOK...could CR be holding back inventory for early next year as they might think too far out....kinda like airlines only sell so many seats on sale ?

267 said:

All CR tower theme park view rooms have a good to excellent view of the fireworks. The higher the floor the better. Remember rooms on that side start on the 6th floor.

For BLT, I don't know someone else will have to chime in on that.

ok im a contemp newbie looking for some online checkin advice.

asks if i want a odd number room. I do have theme park tower room boooked.

ok im a contemp newbie looking for some online checkin advice.

asks if i want a odd number room. I do have theme park tower room boooked.

Odd numbered rooms will have your bed facing MK so you can look at the park and fireworks while lying in bed. It's pretty cool and worth the request.

All CR tower theme park view rooms have a good to excellent view of the fireworks. The higher the floor the better. Remember rooms on that side start on the 6th floor.

For BLT, I don't know someone else will have to chime in on that.

At BLT, the Theme Park View category rooms have varying quality of fireworks views. again the higher the floor, the better. But since BLT is curved, the lower-numbered rooms have the better view, as they face directly at the castle. Rooms ending in xx16 or xx18 are about the best, I think. The higher-numbered rooms face more toward the Lagoon and the Contemporary, so you need to be out on the balcony and looking to the right to see the fireworks.

There are actually some Lake view rooms that also have fireworks views. Those are the low- and even-numbered rooms, facing north.

Check out this thread for photos...
BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 1/18/13

Thanks so much for doing this! It was wonderful and so informative! We are staying here in 3 months and this post answered so many of my questions, while creating more excitement for us! Great job and many thanks! :thumbsup2
So glad you've found it helpful, disneymd33. Stop in here all you want the next 3 months:goodvibes

WDWKOOK...could CR be holding back inventory for early next year as they might think too far out....kinda like airlines only sell so many seats on sale ?
I've not heard of WDW resorts doing that, as they always want to fill as many rooms as they can. They do, however, only apportion a set number of rooms for use with pin codes/discounts and they do take rooms out of inventory when they are going to be doing any sort of rehab or construction. If no one is able to book at rack rate for these dates, then that might be the case, but I've not read of any construction - yet.

Good news - found a DVC member myself and got a lake view studio!!!
:yay:

Welcome! CR is perfect with kids and being able to walk to the MK, boat to FTW and WL and monorail to three other resorts is so convenient. You're going to have a great first-time visit.

The BLV Tower rooms face toward Bay Lake, and unlike BLT, there aren't any BLV rooms that you would be able to see the castle from. However, you can see the nightly Electric Water Pageant from all BLV Tower rooms. If you did book a BLV CL room, you could see Wishes and the castle from the lounge. There is also a 4th floor observation deck where you can sit and watch the castle or Wishes, though it has been closed due to the roof construction.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

:wave:

Thank you so much for replying WDWKOOK! :worship:

And yes! We are so looking forward to the Electric Water Pageant as we have never seen it before! popcorn:: I am thinking that the BLT/CL is the way to go when DH and DD come along with us next year! :cool1:

t:offtopic: I know you are probably told this daily, but I just have to say this CR thread is seriously the best! :thumbsup2 The up-to-date information along with the stunning pictures make planning for a CR/BLT stay so much easier! :yay: Thank you bunches for all your time and effort maintaining this thread!!! :worship:

Does anyone know if there is any word on when the 4th floor observation deck will reopen? It's closed because of roof construction, right?

Hi I just subbed this thread! It is very addicting, I really need to get through all the comments so I can get some housework done! :laundy:

This July we will be staying at the CR (Garden Wing, Garden View) for the first time, actually it is our very first deluxe resort ever! :cheer2: This will be our first trip with DD and she will be 2 at our time of travel. Prior to having DD we always stayed in value or moderate resorts, but I know that we will be spending so much time in the room for naps/rest time. We will also be spending lots of time at MK as it is the best park for the toddler set, so the CR was very appealing! I have always dreamed of staying at one of the monorail resorts and I still can't hardly believe I get to do this!!!:woohoo: It is a dream come true for me! I will never forget my very first trip to WDW when I was 7 we rode the monorail all the way around (we stayed off site) and I was so impressed when we went through the middle of the CR, I remember thinking to myself "all the people who get to stay here are so lucky!"
Anyway I just wanted to stop in say "hi", and share my excitement for this very new experience with you all! I am finding this thread very informative and I will be following it closely as our trip gets closer. Thanks for all the info!:thumbsup2

Jackiemarie21 said:
Hi I just subbed this thread! It is very addicting, I really need to get through all the comments so I can get some housework done! :laundy:

This July we will be staying at the CR (Garden Wing, Garden View) for the first time, actually it is our very first deluxe resort ever! :cheer2: This will be our first trip with DD and she will be 2 at our time of travel. Prior to having DD we always stayed in value or moderate resorts, but I know that we will be spending so much time in the room for naps/rest time. We will also be spending lots of time at MK as it is the best park for the toddler set, so the CR was very appealing! I have always dreamed of staying at one of the monorail resorts and I still can't hardly believe I get to do this!!!:woohoo: It is a dream come true for me! I will never forget my very first trip to WDW when I was 7 we rode the monorail all the way around (we stayed off site) and I was so impressed when we went through the middle of the CR, I remember thinking to myself "all the people who get to stay here are so lucky!"
Anyway I just wanted to stop in say "hi", and share my excitement for this very new experience with you all! I am finding this thread very informative and I will be following it closely as our trip gets closer. Thanks for all the info!:thumbsup2

I'm sure you will love it! I remember my dad taking us to wdw soon after it first opened back in the 70s. We stayed 2 nights in a gw I was around 8yo. We thought it was amazing! Now I take my granddaughters to wdw as often as I can. This coming trip will be my first time back to CR tho. So excited!

I just subscribed to this thread. We are booked for the end of Sept, our very first stay at the Contemporary CL. It's our first time at a monorail, too. We are very excited! :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!