Classmate Who Became Famous

DH went to school with MLB player Michael Cuddyer and still speak occasionally. I graduated with NFL player Dre Bly.

I went to high school with Kate Capshaw, actress and wife of Steven Spielberg. Her name then was Kathy Nail. We weren't friends, but were friendly towards each other. We were in home room together, because of our last names starting with the same letter, and we also had some classes together. I remember she and I, along with maybe 2 other girls, were doing a project together and going to each other's homes to work on it. I'm not sure if she would remember me or not, but maybe.

I am friends with my Nephew's MIL

Her younger DD married the son of a famous celebrity( Father old Rock star-Mum on daytime TV)
The first time she met the MUM , my friend was in jeans and a blue jean shirt helping move in their new house ...and Mum shows up dressed in Chanel.:D

Richard Gere and Natalie Cole were both in my freshman class at UMass. I don't think that I met either one but a friend from high school lived on the same dorm floor as Natalie. I don't know how long they stayed but neither graduated with us.

A fellow who is now a very, very well known and powerful right wing political firebrand was a year ahead of me in high school. I got to know him reasonably well back then, because he was dating the sister of the keyboard player of a band I was in and he and she would sometimes hang out with us when we were rehearsing/performing. If you'd asked me back then what the future held for him I would have been completely off.

No one really famous. Julie Roberts, country singer, but was younger than me. There are 2 reality shows about people I went to HS with.

Freakshow on A&E - not sure if it's still on. I went to HS with Todd Ray, the owner, and we worked together.

Love Thy Sister on WEtv. Went to school with several of the Rucker's.

Not a classmate but, the Florida guy from Florida /Georgia line grew up in our neighborhood.

I went to high school with a girl named Krystal Ball, who apparently has a show on MSNBC. I don't watch TV so I've never seen it.

DS goes to the same college that Eminem's daughter goes to (and she actually went to h.s. and ran in the same social circles as my goddaughter, strange coincidence).

Her first semester they ended up in a large lecture class together, and the only reason that he knew she was "someone" was because of the discreet security presence that was with her. (It's a campus that's known for its REALLY expensive cars, and she also had a driver.)

Terri

Not so famous but I went to school for 9 years with a guy (Brian Lourd) who became a BIG Hollywood agent and has represented people like Madonna, George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

I was also friends with John Besh's (the chef) older sister although he was much too young to be a classmate. My memories are of him ate as a bratty little kid brother!

Not me, but my husband went to school with Ashton Kutcher. Ashton has donated a lot of money to the school over time.

Not a classmate, but my dh, who is a hs teacher and baseball coach, coached Jairus Byrd (in baseball!) who then went on to play for the NFL and currently plays for the NE Saints. When my ds was IN high school, his claim to fame was that he was walked by Bob Wickman. A pitcher from a rival high school who went on the be a relief pitcher in the the Major Leagues.

One of my bff's dad graduated with Harrison Ford.

ETA: When I was in college, our basketball team was coached by Dlck Bennett. Dlck's son, Tony played on the team. Dlck went on to coach for the WI Badgers and WA State and his son Tony played in the NBA for the Charlotte Hornets and then went on to coach for the VA Cavaliers. He was a really nice guy when we were in college!

Last edited:
He didn't go to my school, I went to Catholic school and he went public, but I knew Matt Bonner in high school. We had a lot of the same friends. He plays for the Spurs now.

Also, I went to college with Clay Aiken. We were both students in at the college of education at UNCC at the same time. If I hadn't taken time off I would have graduated with him.

I've been teaching in the public school system here for 25 years.

Over the years, some of my former students have been in the local DC criminal news here. The most recent was a woman who was arrested and charged with attempted murder of a child under 10yo. (She also has a longggg police record). I was her 1st grade teacher. I remember her quite well and recall that she was the QUIETEST student in class. I mean, she never ever spoke unless it was one-on-one, with me having to initiate the conversation.

No, which surprises me as I went to school with some seriously talented people! I know (through Facebook, natch) that lots of them still work in the arts, but mostly small things, nothing "famous."

A fellow who is now a very, very well known and powerful right wing political firebrand was a year ahead of me in high school. I got to know him reasonably well back then, because he was dating the sister of the keyboard player of a band I was in and he and she would sometimes hang out with us when we were rehearsing/performing. If you'd asked me back then what the future held for him I would have been completely off.
Ack, come on, name drop!LOL!

He didn't go to my school, I went to Catholic school and he went public, but I knew Matt Bonner in high school. We had a lot of the same friends. He plays for the Spurs now.

Also, I went to college with Clay Aiken. We were both students in at the college of education at UNCC at the same time. If I hadn't taken time off I would have graduated with him.

That's crazy, lol. I taught in the school where Matt Bonner went. I taught there two years, my first year he was a senior. I helped him a time or two before school with his AP chemistry. He didn't need much help, he was our valedictorian. I moved back to Illinois after two years but still cherish my time at Concord High School.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter