Classmate Who Became Famous

Rhombus

Registered
Did you ever know someone who later became famous (or infamous)? From either school, work, or just from the neighborhood?

I went to HS with actress Calista Flockhart (Ally McBeal). We were never really friends or even acquaintances, but we both knew who the other was. We probably had a half dozen classes together over the 4 years, like math or English. Yes, she appeared in the school's plays, like West Side Story and Oklahoma.

I don't know if she ever attended a reunion. I only went to my 10th, and don't recall her being there. In any event, she wasn't yet famous then, although she did have a few minor roles at the time. She made an appearance at our town's Bicentennial celebration in 2002, and I got a chance to talk to her. Amazingly, she remembered who I was, and recalled that we did a presentation together in Trigonometry class.

OK, so who knew Lady Gaga or Beyoncé or one of the Kardashians way back when?

Nope..I'm not sure anyone famous has ever come from my old high school. Jonathan Toewes (of Chicago Blackhawks fame) came from a rival high school so BOOOOO :p

Infamous. A guy I went to high school with, a few years later got heavily into drugs, ended up killing a guy for his car. He was eventually turned in by his wife. But it was featured on America's Most Wanted.

Our local news showed my former classmate in handcuffs, it was shocking, the person I knew in high school was the opposite of the person I Asaw on the news. I actually ran into him shortly before the murder, I could tell he was using but he treated me as he did in high school.

I know that he would never remember me and most people haven't heard of him, but I used to walk to kindergarten with Jimmy Arias who later became a tennis pro.

Michael Rosenbaum played Lex Luther on Smallville went to college with me. We were both theatre majors so worked together on many plays. I even directed a play of a class and cast him in the play. When they first started comercials for Smallville I had this weird feeling of knowing him, it had been several years since college; looked up his bio and realized who he was.

Not me, but one of my good friends went to HS with Melissa McCarthy.

Last edited:
I was a freshman when Travis Tritt was a senior at my GA high school. He was in choir.

Lots of NFL players that I had classes with in college, but I absolutely guarantee they wouldn't know me if I talked to them now.

Hard to believe but I went to a really small private high school in Illinois. Classmate was 1 or 2 years under me but I knew him as we were both on the track team. Anyways, he went on to become a first round NFL draft pick and is still in the league. Probably the biggest star that ever came out of our high school.

My husband went to school with Christina aguilera. She was a couple years under him and he didn't know her but knew she was on the MM club. One of my classmates is a director now.

I was in a college production with Leah Hocking who is a Broadway actress. She was most recently the teacher in Billy Elliott -the musical. Even then she was very talented.

I went to high school w/ this guy : http://fox6now.com/2015/02/20/addy/

Yep he killed and dismembered a teen when he was in his 20's. We were in the same grade and while we did not have any of the same classes we did have a few mutual friends and his locker was only two down from mine so we often took park in small talk between classes. He seemed lilke a nice guy and I was *shocked* when he was arrested.

I went to school K-12 with a guy who is famous locally as an Elvis impersonator. A gal who graduated two years after me is a well known fiddle player. I know she used to play with Trisha Yearwood. I am not sure what she is doing these days.

My high school has graduated a few NHL players, none while I was in school.

My kids' freshman English teacher graduated with Seann William Scott.

Not in my class year, but Jason Priestly graduated from my high school a few years before me and singer Bryan Adams also graduated from my high school (again, several years before me!)

I was bullied in middle school by Jimmy Sullivan ("The Rev") from Avenged Sevenfold.
He's dead now, though

My in-law's neighbor's son drummed for Counting Crows. He quit the business to have a more family friendly life. I met him a few times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter