Class of 2021 Parents

If someone is accepted and takes a gap year are they then automatically accepted for the following year? Would that then take away from how many they accept the next year? I know everything is speculated at this point but I was just curious how it normally worked.

If you are accepted and wish to do a gap year, you would typically defer admissions for a year and your spot would be held by the school if approved. Each school may have different policies of course, but a deferral would usually be the way to go. I really don't think this will happen in large numbers so would guess that it really wouldn't influence spots for the following year in any calculable way.

Anyone else’s kids about to take the AP calculus exam? I have my kids on the dining room table, with a friend of DD’s on FaceTime. I think they are getting different questions, I have more confidence in Dd than ds. They are nervous.

Yes, DS is taking his AP Calc exam as I type this. Can't wait to hear how he thinks it went (he's in his room, so I have no idea). He also has AP Physics and APUSH this week, and AP Lang next week.

Yes, DS is taking his AP Calc exam as I type this. Can't wait to hear how he thinks it went (he's in his room, so I have no idea). He also has AP Physics and APUSH this week, and AP Lang next week.
When is APUSH? Of course the mailman came causing the dog to bark for 5 minutes,

When is APUSH? Of course the mailman came causing the dog to bark for 5 minutes,

Figures about the mailman/dog barking! APUSH is Friday at 1:00 CT.

So, he said it was a little stressful time-wise. With each question, he had like one minute left to upload his response. He also said the FRQs were in a little different format than he's used to seeing. He said he should definitely get a 3, maybe got a 4, but hopes for a 5. He said he's more stressed about Physics on Thursday now than he was previously.

My dd has APUSH on Friday that's her first one. Then 2 more next week. She is very nervous about having to take it at home and only have 45 minutes for it. I'm super nervous the WIFI won't cooperate. For some reason it's been flaky in the afternoon. I'm making my middle schooler take that hour off from school and all devices until my DD finishes the exam. Good luck to everyone!

My dd has APUSH on Friday that's her first one. Then 2 more next week. She is very nervous about having to take it at home and only have 45 minutes for it. I'm super nervous the WIFI won't cooperate. For some reason it's been flaky in the afternoon. I'm making my middle schooler take that hour off from school and all devices until my DD finishes the exam. Good luck to everyone!

I could have written this post! Exact same everything, except DS not DD! He says he wants to log in 30 minutes before today's exam begins just to make sure he's in. I think they were counseled to do that. I would like to take my middle schooler off his computer for that hour, but today is his last day of school and he needs to have everything turned in electronically. This afternoon is his time for the drive-by school check out so I'll drive him over and then he'll be a freshman. I guess I'll be looking for the Class of 2024 thread soon!

The district notified us that the summer class that my older son was to take has been cancelled due to low enrollment. Not surprising news, we knew it could be a possibility, so he'll just have to double up on English this fall semester. It's kind of a good thing because it was going to occupy him full-time for three weeks starting the day after Memorial Day. So instead he was online last night applying for jobs. He is very excited to work and I hope he gets something.

Best of luck to everyone with finishing 'the weirdest semester ever' strong!

I could have written this post! Exact same everything, except DS not DD! He says he wants to log in 30 minutes before today's exam begins just to make sure he's in. I think they were counseled to do that. I would like to take my middle schooler off his computer for that hour, but today is his last day of school and he needs to have everything turned in electronically. This afternoon is his time for the drive-by school check out so I'll drive him over and then he'll be a freshman. I guess I'll be looking for the Class of 2024 thread soon!

The district notified us that the summer class that my older son was to take has been cancelled due to low enrollment. Not surprising news, we knew it could be a possibility, so he'll just have to double up on English this fall semester. It's kind of a good thing because it was going to occupy him full-time for three weeks starting the day after Memorial Day. So instead he was online last night applying for jobs. He is very excited to work and I hope he gets something.

Best of luck to everyone with finishing 'the weirdest semester ever' strong!
Good luck to him today! I hope he finds something. I heard it's been hard to find summer jobs. My DD's job from last summer (ice cream place) hired her back. They were supposed to open April 1st but now they are opening this Wednesday. She is so excited to be leaving the house on a regular basis! lol We don't finish school here until 6/23 so we still have 6 more weeks of this remote learning. They haven't said our summer classes were cancelled but I'm assuming they are. My DD was going to possibly take an AP prep again and an essay writing for college prep class. Oh well what are you going to do! I'm just hoping the rest of the process for college will be easy for them to accomplish. My middle schooler when I told her she had to be off the computer for an hour was like ok I'll watch Disney Plus while she takes her exam. I was like no that uses Wifi! lol

Tell your middle schooler to play solitaire during the hour, like with an actual deck of cards! 🤣 That's fantastic that the ice cream place is opening soon and she'll have someplace to go. My DS needs someplace to go! He's applying to places where his friends work first, hoping that may help, plus he speaks Spanish fluently so perhaps that skill could bump him up a list a little bit. Our next door neighbors are having a new roof put on today and the constant banging has already begun. APUSH is at noon here, so maybe they'll be on lunch break then? I'm just chuckling at it all.....life can be inconvenient, get used to it son!

My kids could easily work, but I won’t let them, we still have new cases every day, have had new cases daily for months, another death yesterday.

Tell your middle schooler to play solitaire during the hour, like with an actual deck of cards! 🤣 That's fantastic that the ice cream place is opening soon and she'll have someplace to go. My DS needs someplace to go! He's applying to places where his friends work first, hoping that may help, plus he speaks Spanish fluently so perhaps that skill could bump him up a list a little bit. Our next door neighbors are having a new roof put on today and the constant banging has already begun. APUSH is at noon here, so maybe they'll be on lunch break then? I'm just chuckling at it all.....life can be inconvenient, get used to it son!
Wow cards, hmm wonder where I even have a deck!🤣 How did he do with APUSH? Any submission problems? My daughter didn't have any issues but I saw on College Board's Facebook that a lot did. My daughter was happy with the topic she received as well. It was very hot here that day and she came down sweating after it was all over!🤣

Wow cards, hmm wonder where I even have a deck!🤣 How did he do with APUSH? Any submission problems? My daughter didn't have any issues but I saw on College Board's Facebook that a lot did. My daughter was happy with the topic she received as well. It was very hot here that day and she came down sweating after it was all over!🤣

DS feels that he did well with APUSH. No submission problems, but yes for some of his friends so they have to reschedule. Bummer. Today is his English exam, then Spanish on Friday. Almost there!

DS feels that he did well with APUSH. No submission problems, but yes for some of his friends so they have to reschedule. Bummer. Today is his English exam, then Spanish on Friday. Almost there!
I was wondering when Spanish was, it seems like with nothing else going on, I don’t need to know anything. Glad it’s Friday, ds22‘s virtual graduation is at noon tomorrow, I‘d hate her to miss one of the few events we have.

I was wondering when Spanish was, it seems like with nothing else going on, I don’t need to know anything. Glad it’s Friday, ds22‘s virtual graduation is at noon tomorrow, I‘d hate her to miss one of the few events we have.

Just note that there is Spanish Literature and there is Spanish Language and Culture. Just like there are two AP English courses, and I still can't name the one DS has been in all year. I made him register for the APs himself last fall so that he'd sign up for the correct ones because I know I would have gotten it wrong!

Congratulations on the college graduation!

My DD only had AP Gov, which was early on. They cancelled all the IB exams--she thinks that's good, but I'm not so sure. IB is like AP in that, if you score well on the exams, you get college credit. You're not allowed to take an AP course if there's an IB course of the same subject. Since all her classes (except AP Gov) were IB, that's a lot of potential college credit that I'm not sure if she'll get. I think they're extrapolating scores, based on class work, which may or may not work in DD's favor.

Just note that there is Spanish Literature and there is Spanish Language and Culture. Just like there are two AP English courses, and I still can't name the one DS has been in all year. I made him register for the APs himself last fall so that he'd sign up for the correct ones because I know I would have gotten it wrong!

Congratulations on the college graduation!
Lol I must checked her schedule, language and culture (and dd19 just took it 2 years ago, I don’t pay attention). I don’t even know what AP classes my kids signed up for next year, just that it was a pain because someone messed up the teacher recommendation forms so they had to email their teachers again.

Last week with APUSH, I asked DS how it went and he said, "Well, I either got a 2 or a 5." In other words, he couldn't gauge how well he did at all. A friend of his had the same prompt and felt the same exact way, while other friends all had different prompts and all felt they did well.

He said Physics went really well.

Today is AP Lang -- last one.

My DD only had AP Gov, which was early on. They cancelled all the IB exams--she thinks that's good, but I'm not so sure. IB is like AP in that, if you score well on the exams, you get college credit. You're not allowed to take an AP course if there's an IB course of the same subject. Since all her classes (except AP Gov) were IB, that's a lot of potential college credit that I'm not sure if she'll get. I think they're extrapolating scores, based on class work, which may or may not work in DD's favor.

That stinks, but there's no guarantees you'll get college credit with AP either -- depends on the college and the course. I've always just looked at it like being prepared for college-level courses, but he's taking Dual Enrollment next year (Calc II in the fall and Calc III in the spring) and was told those might not count for college credit either depending upon where he goes. What?!

Last week with APUSH, I asked DS how it went and he said, "Well, I either got a 2 or a 5." In other words, he couldn't gauge how well he did at all. A friend of his had the same prompt and felt the same exact way, while other friends all had different prompts and all felt they did well.

He said Physics went really well.

Today is AP Lang -- last one.

That stinks, but there's no guarantees you'll get college credit with AP either -- depends on the college and the course. I've always just looked at it like being prepared for college-level courses, but he's taking Dual Enrollment next year (Calc II in the fall and Calc III in the spring) and was told those might not count for college credit either depending upon where he goes. What?!

Well, DD plans to go to State U, and they give credit for a 4+ or 5+ (out of 7) for the IB classes. Other schools, there's the uncertainty you mentioned, but this was announced back in the fall. It feels like a million years ago now!

APs complete....my guy is a senior!

tumblr_inline_p6okvpvW9g1rc8c3a_540.gif

This is, ya know, if he and his friends were girls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter