Claiming Ignorance but...

SeattleRedBear said:
I agree with everything said. Bugs does the best Drag by a Straight Cartoon I've ever seen. Cruella is the epitome of venemous style and high fashion. Chip & Dale would be my choice for best Gay Cartoon Couple (although the one with the red nose has an obvious addiction problem). And yes, in terms of role models, any Disney villian would probably not be a good choice.

However, in my opinion, the award for BEST DISNEY DRAG QUEEN has got to go to:

URSULA!!!!!

The woman just has it ALL!!! She's seen it all...done it all...and wants it all back! She's absolutely Shakespearean tragic! And with that overwhelming desire to do anything to get Ariel's voice so that once again SHE can be the Diva that she once was! She's just so Copacabana Donna Summer Last Dance Divine Graceful Butch Joan Crawford that I JUST CAN'T STAND IT!!! How can you NOT think she's gay?! I don't care whether she prefers women, men or eels...she's GAY!

I love it!!! This is too Funny! My daughter loves Ariel and now i will never ever watch it the same way again!!!

You do know that Ursula was based on the diva drag queen Divine, don't you? Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_(Glen_Milstead)

Here is an excerpt (did I spell that correctly?):

Harris Glenn Milstead (October 19, 1945 – March 7, 1988) was better known by his drag persona Divine. Milstead starred in a number of films and was part of the regular cast known as the Dreamlanders. The Dreamlanders appeared in many of John Waters' earlier works such as Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, Polyester, and Hairspray. Besides these roles, Milstead was the inspiration for the appearance of Ursula, the half-octopus villain from Disney's 1989 animated movie The Little Mermaid.

Here's a pic from the article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Divine.glenn.milstead-dogs.jpg

I had no idea Divine was, but now that you say it, I definately can see it. I loved the movie hairspray. I can't believe i never made the connection before. Now i can show my daughter who Ursula was modeled after.
Thanks for the link!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter