Citywalk

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
How big is Citywalk and how much is there to do for a family with three kids ages 13, 10, and 7? Is it mainly restaurants with some shopping or any other activities? Is one evening a good amount of time to check it out?

One evening is plenty.

There are restaurants, bars and nightclubs.

They do have a fabulous mini golf the kids might like......it has 2 sides, one alien theme and one spooky side...….spooky side is fabulous at night! They do play live music at night too on occasions and DJ`s keep everyone amused.

Check out the layout on the Universal Orlando website, it has all the details on there.

It's busy at night. There's a few stores we love going to and places to eat or snack. We are at city walk every night and can always find something to do. If you are staying on site you will most likely go through city walk to get to either park. We loved the aliens theme mini golf.

City Walk is more lively on the weekends as there usually is outdoor entertainment.
But, I enjoy CW any day of the week.

Many good places for food and treats.

Any particularly favorite shops, restaurants, or stop for a treat?

The newest hot spot is Voodoo Donuts!! We had to wait in line just to get in the store, but the donuts were yummy!!:thumbsup2

We've eaten at NBC Sports Grill, Margaritaville, and Bubba Gump Shrimp- all very good. Many restaurants have live entertainment at night!

Margaritaville, Meunchies is an absolute must for frozen yogurt , for us it's not even a discussion point LOL, PIQ for shopping as the kids will love it. We grabbed water bottles, soft drinks and popcorn buckets from one of the carts by the water one night. It was really calm and only a few people around, it was a great place to enjoy a cooling off time before heading back to the room.

IMO, its best for dinner and a quick browse in the stores. Especially with kids those ages. As mentioned, the extent of other things to do is a mini-golf course and AMC movie theater. As far as shopping, its mostly clothing stores with a Universal store that has the same items you find in the parks. As two adults, we like the clothing stores and stopping for drinks at various places but would imagine kids would find it boring after dinner.

Honestly I don't think there's much to do in terms of family activities. One day there should be enough. There's restaurants, shopping, bars etc. In terms of activities for family aside from food and shopping there's a movie theater and mini golf. We did a 3 day weekend trip to universal but all of us are in our late 20's so we mostly went to restaurants and bars after a day at the parks so it was enough for us. My husband has a friend who lives in Orlando and said City Walk is more of a party place especially at night and his friends who live in Orlando go there to drink so maybe not the best for family.

It really is fine for families.

There are always loads and loads of families with kids milling around.

We`re just back a week ago they had a huge show tent up beside the water where they film different things, and they had kids up singing and dancing......they were having a ball!!! It looked like a lot of fun, especially as parents were kicking back and watching them.

Around 10.30pm is when you don't see as many little ones around....although there are some. I would say much later in the evening it`s not a place for little ones.

Lots of really good restaurants and lots of stores. Not sure your younger kids will be excited with it.
It is family friendly.

Thanks, my kids want to go to Universal, but I will be at the hotel with the grandkids, and City Walk looked fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter