City/State rivalry thread

Yeah, everywhere has bad drivers. When I lived in Ohio it was the Michigan drivers who were bad. When I lived in PA it was the WV drivers. Now I'm in VA it is the MD drivers. PA drivers think they are nice with their stopping in the middle of the road to let someone make a left turn in front of them, but it is difficult for people actually who follow the right of way rules. I have seen a lot of outrageous driving in the DC area - driving on the wrong side of the road, the sidewalk, running red lights when pedestrians are crossing, etc.
The worst part is that it hasn't always been this way. I'm a DC native and it really took the bad turn during COVID. Zero police enforcement so it became a free-for-all. Traffic enforcement is s.l.o.w.l.y. coming back but its not nearly at pre-pandemic levels where there was enough of it to keep people most on their best behavior.

Honestly I think the DMV in general is horrendous for driving. Maryland and Virginia are consistently competing for the worst driving. Sometimes I wonder if some of these drivers even have a license.
I’ve lived in MD, dh worked in DC. We’ve lived in large metro parts of CA and by far the worst drivers are those here in Memphis, TN. Many of the drivers do not have a license and the cars aren’t registered. The old expired (retired) plates tell you that the vehicle hasn’t been registered since 19 or 20. Drivers Ed is not a requirement to obtain a license. As evidence by my daughter who was hit twice while parked two weeks ago. Speed limits are suggestions, as are turn signals. Law enforcement seems to have given up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter