Citrus swirl or Dole whip

What do I choose

• Total voters
This whole thread makes me hungry... I tried to make butter beer at home … it was not the same .

I have had the Dole Whip, never tried the Citrus Swirl, so I'm gonna have to go with Dole Whip. I did have the lime soft serve that was in the Maleficent cone at MNNSHP last year, it was good but dont know that I would get it again.

We were just at Disney and tried the Dole Whip at the Polynesian. Nothing special and probably won't get it again. It tastes like a pineapple smoothie (vs. ice cream) and is supposedly non-dairy.

Last edited:
Yeah, our family weren't big fans but to each their own. You would definitely need to like pineapple flavor to enjoy it. Have fun!

There has been some version of the citrus swirl since I first started going in 1976. It's changed a little but the frozen orange juice is the kicker. I've tried to Dole Whip but went back to the Circus swirl.

Love Dole Whips
Where are the Citrus Swirls & Peter Pan Floats?
I have heard of them but never seen or tried them...please help!

They sold Dole Whip at the mall near where I lived in Victoria, BC (where I was originally from) back in the mid-80s. They are okay, but I wouldn't go out of my mind for them. I've had it at Disney and it is the exact same thing.

Love Dole Whips
Where are the Citrus Swirls & Peter Pan Floats?
I have heard of them but never seen or tried them...please help!
I have not had the Peter pan float yet.. but the

Citrus Swirl

is at Sunshine Tree Terrace in Disney's Magic Kingdom

Last edited:
Is one better than the other?
I understand they are simular.

Similar only in that they are a soft serve product. Dole Whip is Pineapple Flavor, Citrus Swirl is orange (and maybe lemon?) I can tell you that I love Dole Whip but really disliked the Citrus Swirl.

I don't hate pineapple - but it is not one of my favorite fruits unless we are talking fresh pineapple in Hawaii - maybe. My DH LOVES pineapple upside down cake so I make it for him - but I prefer a similar cake that has cranberries instead of the pineapple.

So I prefer the citrus swirl. It's not that hard to make a pretty decent copy cat Dole whip at home. Frozen fresh pineapple, milk and sugar in a blender or food processor. But then I'm not a big fan so for some of you that are that might be yucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter