Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

We are planning on arriving by noon. We'd like to have lunch at Geyser Point. The menu looks awesome and WL in my absolute fav resort!!!! Let's see if we can make something happen! I would love to do a quick DIS meet!!!!!8-)

Sure! We have a F&W lunch at Epcot at noon - I assume it'll be until 2 or so, then depending on when our flight is, we'll probably have to leave a little after lunch. Not sure what your plans were for the rest of the day but if you could make it to Epcot World Showcase before we have to leave we can definitely meet! We're staying at the Swan otherwise I'd be ok with traveling to another resort or park. If it doesn't work with your plans no worries, we can try for another time!

Toothsome and Cowfish both look great. I am not sure when we will get to eat there though. The orlando informer event includes dinner, although it's simple stuff like pasta and salad, although I heard we also get unlimited ice cream from that ice cream shop. Yay!

Unlimited ice cream from the Wizarding World would be very dangerous for me:)

Sure! We have a F&W lunch at Epcot at noon - I assume it'll be until 2 or so, then depending on when our flight is, we'll probably have to leave a little after lunch. Not sure what your plans were for the rest of the day but if you could make it to Epcot World Showcase before we have to leave we can definitely meet! We're staying at the Swan otherwise I'd be ok with traveling to another resort or park. If it doesn't work with your plans no worries, we can try for another time!

Let me know when you book your airfare, and then we can see if we can make something work...:P

Out of curiousity, I looked up the Victoria and Albert's dinner but couldn't find a menu. I'm certainly impressed by the price though! :scared: I can't wait to hear all about it so I can live vicariously through you.

Unlimited ice cream from the Wizarding World would be very dangerous for me:)

Indeed for me too. What was your favorite flavor?

Let me know when you book your airfare, and then we can see if we can make something work...:P

Will do! :)

Out of curiousity, I looked up the Victoria and Albert's dinner but couldn't find a menu. I'm certainly impressed by the price though! :scared: I can't wait to hear all about it so I can live vicariously through you.

Their menus are seasonal so they don't usually post them online. They may have a sample menu though which they post once a season but most likely something will be different at dinner anyways. Yes, the price...it's crazy, but it seriously is soooo good, and the fact that it is at Disney just makes it like the world's best fine dining restaurant. I am a big foodie and will pay to eat at nice places...the regular tasting menu at V&A is not so bad price-wise considering all the fine dining we've been to in NYC that is the same price. However, the Food and Wine dinner...more than twice the price of the chef's tasting menu...I am not kidding when I say I expect caviar and truffles on every course. Of course the wine is probably a huge chunk of change too. I asked if I could get it without the wine pairing but it's a fixed price for all. Oh well! Bucket List meal for sure...:)

I have a review from last year where we at V&A for my birthday HERE. It was amazing!

That is great that being a waitress made you more outgoing, I really would not have known you had to go through that! I am sometimes a little shy myself but I when it comes to Disney, I don't hide it!
Oh you should see my nursery school picture - I'm seriously half scowling but combined with a thought bubble saying something like "where is the closest desk I can crawl under?!" :laughing:

Disney is sacred ground, so we can all act as we please there ::yes::

Indeed for me too. What was your favorite flavor?

They have both soft-serve and hand packed. I think I like the butter beer soft-serve the best. The earl grey & lavender hand pick wasn't as flavorful as I would have liked. The sticky toffee pudding was pretty good, but not as good as actual sticky toffee pudding. The chocolate hand-packed is good, but it's just chocolate. I can't remember the other flavors right now.

Oh you should see my nursery school picture - I'm seriously half scowling but combined with a thought bubble saying something like "where is the closest desk I can crawl under?!" :laughing:

Aww how cute! At least you have a funny story to tell! My niece Caylee has the most hilarious scowling picture her first year of pre school. It's so funny, but that's kinda her personality.

Disney is sacred ground, so we can all act as we please there ::yes::

That is true! We can totally reinvent ourselves to our Disney persona when we're there. In fact, it's kinda like the Matrix, isn't it?

They have both soft-serve and hand packed. I think I like the butter beer soft-serve the best. The earl grey & lavender hand pick wasn't as flavorful as I would have liked. The sticky toffee pudding was pretty good, but not as good as actual sticky toffee pudding. The chocolate hand-packed is good, but it's just chocolate. I can't remember the other flavors right now.

Oooh butter beer soft serve. Gotta try that. I can see how sticky toffee the ice cream won't be as good as the dessert. It needs that warm gooey-ness. Chocolate is always good :)

Their menus are seasonal so they don't usually post them online. They may have a sample menu though which they post once a season but most likely something will be different at dinner anyways. Yes, the price...it's crazy, but it seriously is soooo good, and the fact that it is at Disney just makes it like the world's best fine dining restaurant. I am a big foodie and will pay to eat at nice places...the regular tasting menu at V&A is not so bad price-wise considering all the fine dining we've been to in NYC that is the same price. However, the Food and Wine dinner...more than twice the price of the chef's tasting menu...I am not kidding when I say I expect caviar and truffles on every course. Of course the wine is probably a huge chunk of change too. I asked if I could get it without the wine pairing but it's a fixed price for all. Oh well! Bucket List meal for sure...:)

I have a review from last year where we at V&A for my birthday HERE. It was amazing!

Yes, I think fine dining at Disney has to be considered in it's own category. It certainly will be a delicious experience! I really like that I never feel any snobbishness or judgement in Disney restaurants, even when they're really fancy, which isn't always true for other fancy restaurants.

I'm just waiting now to see how your dinner in November will top the one from last year! Is it possible??

Yes, I think fine dining at Disney has to be considered in it's own category. It certainly will be a delicious experience! I really like that I never feel any snobbishness or judgement in Disney restaurants, even when they're really fancy, which isn't always true for other fancy restaurants.

Totally! They are super nice even at the fanciest restaurant, and we have never felt out of place.

I'm just waiting now to see how your dinner in November will top the one from last year! Is it possible??

Haha at more than twice the price we paid past year (but we didn't get the wine pairing) - I am expecting so, or else I've set ourselves up for the most expensive disappointment of our lives! :eek:

Enjoy your trip and safe travels.

DisneyCastlePictureFromKarenAnimatedByHeatherGill.gif

TODAY!!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates - it's been a crazy two weeks and I am finally packed! Tonight we fly down to WDW!!! The Big Family Trip is upon us...EEEK!!! DH and I are working almost all day before we drive and park over at the airport. We'll meet the rest of our family probably at the check-in or at the gate. We're flying JetBlue down and if I remember correctly the terminal for JetBlue at Newark is not the nicest...oh well.

My itinerary has not changed since the last update. My only addition is the possibility of morning EMH at DHS on August 13th because it's the last day for TGMR - I'm not even sure I want to race the crowds to ride this one last time but I'll see if we're up for it. That day is our 2nd MK day so we don't have any breakfasts or meals planned in the morning and our first FP is not until 10am.

I'm having DISmeets with @KathyM2, @ariane37, @soniam, @MeghanEmily and most likely with @Elandon (send me a PM if you'd like to meet up!) and @Monykalyn. So cool that that I get to meet "friends" down there too. My family is wondering how I have so many "friends" at WDW. I tell them I write in an online Disney forum and it literally goes in one ear and out the other.

It looks like it's gonna be one HOT SWEATY WEEK. So far the weather looks the same every day. 94 degrees and up with a real feel of 105 with 50% chance of thunderstorms. Ha, what else is new? I did something new this trip. I sent stuff to the Polynesian ahead of time via Garden Grocer and Amazon Prime. Garden Grocer is mostly for the kids as they need milk, formula, baby food, diapers, and stuff they usually eat at home. We also got some cases of water. DH will most likely get a refillable mug while I'll have my trusty popcorn bucket. I sent down some rain ponchos for DH and me, an extra camera battery and a 2 lb bag of Epsom salts for relaxing in the tub from Amazon Prime. Gotta love that! I never did these two things before but it'll be great if they work out really well!

Here's a little update on my nieces and nephews:

EVA - she's currently 4 years old and will be 5 next Friday when we're celebrating with everything Princess -themed (CRT and Akershus meals planned). I mentioned some anxiety issues but she has been getting better and displaying less and less of her anxiety, and so far seems pretty normal and healthy. She's really excited and really into the idea of meeting characters. I hope she doesn't freak out when she first sets eyes on any of them though!

yyxnjOFADdkUX31BaW-Xx25kMhdIcf2xrBQYwrBZwhbjS0zwQckr4K50KMLxM9oh6BVLnxWIylJZh90baKhqO-2pvZSdY1jWrMiATujpWwmFw8THECVfux9VO8yFnKa3dbCi2YFoenc0rLM7cNigF0Lx4zkjbiG4EpI_GIdRrAr-RHo6IBbior7Wkj0clHDNNGzpvUkACG1t4AFxmsK2Dqx3QuzTwS-E_X-eLqlVvdDkx81fnwfxRZ5uP3HsRxwTxufEdCqbQ1ZgAnoLfnIX72NtEbxVxrLX36bEgb5eDF7pPuIPZmun_b1ZpNiQaYJnNfGtoN1jTlwN4b9qEtfTgCNX4BhUEZ65HJxRqmz6_EHlTES68cB7j1HpP8QxFmwCZwbxePCf-u-tEau1NSQel5cA0wkEFm_cpEY_WSjtevRONFEBW5a6W8CSvMj-evWiLIDaRXHV0iSPB5IB7oHy3AAKeRsyqoiHMQfV-UWyF1WPuFO4U9hh22ZkxDdTCERiRr7DPyhEMdR47PIUFXIo7U6DfxNNMrwAVanvczR1oKcj8s-qlmavwOrZHVWuDEVi8QZbzeHdVewbbIj55hlOzNqviviVsv4kN4W_Vj0OuqUYZI-TFjQU7AutRQ=w580-h638-no

Eva is very proud of her light up Elena of Avalor dress.

CAYLEE - She's 3 going on 4 in September. She's adorable and giggly but very shy, so we may not be able to convince her character meets are actually a good thing, LOL. Although if she sees Eva do it she may be ok. She's a little cheeky and sometimes rebellious but she's so cute you sometimes forget.

0F9wDq_6klN6kF27qrSVC9Bjny_00NbPnpMZTnIK0iS1KBKIpa8Bi_sGhrxzaW4B-sqR04GkG8fP6GdFCldrMcbFbCifA_zzGPbmlxuy6nXDMLHKxOojmFB5R_cgXrx5N5u1aXTYgFu0EJ6DUKrD536g6dBsgbMWRWJHMiNRsTTYQRGi8xzHqxSf_6GDo_Ix-KU7qGZ32O7nCwXonUVMdBjAcN4seve0_ZBBksOZybgOEFSxUryuYroQgyvKGeVHCeGpCjBrYNCo3EQrlJQY2H0taBksqPF5TpmLwbaoXv2RriKWTdOif10b6flg_Mu44tFIJ-9Tlyz0-GQJQ0fRggLdhtjpZ97_92ePMom_DKODT9y9EY9OmYxaF5yi6ZWiGgDX17ChiaN-zuRaBPpk-JmZS53FiLaqJUGanKsLGtRREsTHszn7oDgWMHx4bjvVcGt32Aic3M50Phr6YF7xXi2hPNnVKFXwWTyl79aZb5zUN57PafGnSYCbMLij9V7E-5gPjKgDtrYg-V83PXg0iGTNda916UKcZFcMZVM1e-1mXVYDPSAGnevqTrF3ijSMUIGx56Z4Q6B8QivZJJO9hIofJHSUf6YIh8ApeCO6m9gofkB6ounqeyb3Eg=w479-h638-no

Caylee in her Cinderella dress

BRYAN - He's about 22 months right now. He's beginning to talk and string words together, it's pretty cool to actually have a conversation with him. I think he is the most prepared for Disney, judging from this picture, LOL. Shorts, hat, and mickey backpack leash. Yeah we'll see how that works. He loves cars and balls and all things Mickey!

k5qQBC_-SuQPkSszCkivj0lRgHjisnsyr2IOf6Vy0hI6QwtAt8eih0QiQ__7Af7cVy06uAyv6F_LxvR4CnE-i0FtVrw1TEc37-H43I0HaFKFY7-d-Eb_B-timN1EW70xFlzLcEtyUKYYtZ0nUd-TMrgBOXjVlEnoSqI4AWGnkU1pdVoel0uim5yYUA3aO1KqVL0WZTg60ITbNCTp-P7Gk790M1U_6W2VlAYMRSzXF6V2JrYY81ZnIbXG-wUw1o29D98QgFvviMUbb4zxnaNfTq7NO8QqkpxdyzYO8pRXd8z_ndHEKe4OxYmOKRoIDfmRHBiSAZURZteT2hk2cUtixFrBeniqFJLpOny15Wj5kStyaxFeUOSENKlXk9AhALnyIK7T4yeBCG93qlfUDzZMnI0w05P6N9ntmzcTgjxhSeYSHNbmU73LowMq_AvvEsIYOSyJJyDO8mK54Ss5HUYry7riwlvMZAnTxo81hhCKvgnEnCOJ8_4bS1B-GInwP_fQj6BlJnOqIEci4PbHdF4YAXvergplxaaH7Gq44Kxk7tXYxuuC_AE0BcZ-C06hvNan2Ry2c5D0Zjtu_DQYWiIe1uebYvbGhJtMiv2V7N5515Kn_EKClkk-CUmt0A=w479-h638-no

Bryan is ready for Disney!

SIENNA - She's almost 10 months old and is just the cutest chubby little baby. She has just started saying Mama, and sometimes gives a little attitude especially when you're a stranger. She started on baby food a few months ago and loves to eat!!

4kswQkskpBbaAI3CDhCTs11wJKi8_ZMvifS0H5CNdOIr2hdYn-_YVmjjcA2YGQ3C0cvTyXBbvdTweBTNZwv52cEzTHxcB8QHIYc5I5cF9loL9U9QhZ12NuFCrDuk2txS6gOfgc1QiJaxhmfwf_2VoiUjndYm5q-p_zEtx12r-MkFXYqnWLivZxHvORIzA0D4ot-TI4-kXKRiqRRXtJkS5qr8enOqUZMtto2Ecys2MvcrVwkzriAblm8DhdGVSM-A_iUVIVF4cK3qau7BO6gFrQJdFQS9nayfzEjZTTeJ8h6p9rSNqxMRby7d6Zx1HOtw9586JRy5NU2C_R3QQJySJIgWYXzZj6a8IOpWOu-UYncgrt-1IWN3tfWCqAP-rU2prYUyzz4sNpNJzQ7IK4mOrvOAR8K0wwe2t5ujSxtuZFUsuqJiiMmMLh4sh43d2s8mAtqSRRrblb9SgGvqTq69XCiM76UVW2xji9MR1P4xeCn-R9bFjkGqVbCOOXTwnu3AkX0-ZvQwyQdoNE2bY7V2AmAVAsmCQB8DTsmiQDWYyZnQ1Uyb5e35eF3bN2vbEErXq3vvwOP7UlYStce48ZY5j5ySyW-kVffWOfCvVSKmGHB3RSDAZCurGTxatA=w432-h576-no

Looks like Sienna is the most excited for our trip!

Here's a picture of Eva and Caylee with me back in May (when I still had long hair!) sporting the tiaras I bought them during our early May trip.

jfbyCRRcTW22BAdqJc2YIjxBvkXYqN2ueQf10MnPEMlW1XurZ0I8CDdqHruwC4FqZ3kkD0UBpz_MlGJbNO3rboNjVwomLX4gpbUf2H_F5-Bgzgb-3EHciDNnS923n8Pdam9XSdKGd5T9vBdXI-HT3a0_nP7OI-Eg-qb21HwGwwSSx4vOgJAyBs4ea9gmHZI6I8ElNawXBkclmSJG_SpeNjxo5iJDvAatIG73RBralspmgRO3vmL65ih5-BhmuKhYf3vKEscFfDAuNs6FjSJOFmCI266DdF-HIvM_DSC7kLyQAx9EhB4RoYPvEskw_TJHtCMYF_TtsNF4W035sX6MLOT3hwgJ6Ckt7grSggfEipCzD2IHcMl_myokdldvZDNlSyF4JS79O5AJkWokFHGW6a8MXUC828_ku8VIYCB6AH2JFK6mVnvu-1a2VoPC3-3rKCy-VecHk7frtJAdQsdX9ILnkLjwBRHdQ-mn6UmYeKljZbaD0p8egV5jPIrUiL68-tOJLyFb8sPcV6dM0IzOC6biJRcjxgUcgsdTxTcq4Bza05OMcHr7woXl77Tnft0SCkXErUGd_TzWYCLPnAk54_NsibKKCnivvVHCIT7ZcAYQ7Z-sAuUkQNmKIA=w626-h576-no

WE'RE READY FOR YOU, WDW!!!

See you all when I get back! :flower1:

Hope you guys have/had a safe trip down, and I can't wait to hear about it! I hope you have a great time with the family and make lots of wonderful memories :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter