Christmas Trees in room

JRed

Earning My Ears
I’ll be going for the first time in 6 years (went through a horrible divorce) with my 3 girls .. They are extremely excited .. How do you all feel about Christmas Trees in rooms and where can I get one .. Thank you so much for the help.. I’m very nervous but want this trip to be fantastic for them ..

I’m sure you could uber over to a local target and pick a small artificial tree up. If you are flying you would probably need to leave it there. Unless you are driving so you bring one with you and take it back home. Maybe you bring a string of lights with you that you can take home. I’m sure that Disney would not allow a real tree in the room. You might also just want to bring some lights and put them on the balcony along with a small ceramic tree that lights up that you put in the room on a table,

We brought a little tree last year with us to Disney, the $20 artificial variety at Walmart. Prelit of course. Looked nice in the room on the table. We took ours home, but we drove so no space issues.

I would look on Pinterest for tree alternative ideas. Kids might think it was fun to have a post it note Christmas tree on the wall or a construction paper fireplace to put your stockings by. Think about ideas you could hang up with something like command strips that wouldn't damage the walls. Or you could do some window clings (I don't know if that is allowed) or a couple strands of Christmas lights. I would be thinking about things that were cheap and didn't take up much space in your suitcase. Cheesy but the kids would probably enjoy the silliness

Disney delivers live trees through their Floral & Gifts website. They're ridiculously expensive though ($250 for a 30" tree - two versions - one with a lot of Disney details, one more classic).

We brought a small artificial tree last year and were able to bring it back home. This year I am either getting a pop up tinsel tree from Amazon or a wall hanging tree. Need to make that call soon and get them bought.

I also looked into ordering a small live tree through sites like Jackson & Perkins but was nervous if the delivery would be rejected and I didn't want to just trash the tree at the end of the week.

I brought window clings to use last year at POR but we didn't put them up. I'm bringing them again this year to use at AoA. I *think* the only resorts you can't use them at at Deluxe/DVC but I haven't looked into it recently.

Last edited:

We go for Christmas every year and always have an artificial tree in our room. For the past several years, we've been using a 5' tree I got at IKEA and it breaks down small enough to fit in a suitcase (and now an Owner's Locker, so I don't have to bring it back and forth each year.) We have a set of lightweight ornaments and some handmade ornaments, and a few strings of lights. We also put up a whole light display in the resort window, and have garlands draped throughout the room. Before the IKEA tree, I ordered a 7' pencil tree from Amazon delivered directly to the hotel, which was amazing, but it couldn't fit in a suitcase (we fly) so I had to spend a lot to have it shipped back home afterwards.

What airline are you flying? I usually fly southwest so baggage isn't an issue. If you're flying an airline that has high baggage fees, I'd buy one from amazon.

We have been over Christmas a few times and when my kids were younger I set up a tabletop tree - but it was on the larger size. We had fun shopping for and making smaller decorations for the special tree and we all picked out one as a souvenir during the trip. Enjoy!

Target has a light up musical tree tabletop battery operated that I love so much. Only 3 in store so might be limited . $25.00
As much as I love the new plastic light up MM Santa tree popcorn holder with $2.00 refills I love the Target musical one more also has Star on top that lights up. And you could each make or bring a small personal ornament to make it truly special for your family this year. But that Xmas tree w/ SMM popcorn holder is practical and way more convenient!
I would also like to wish your family Happy New Year

From one mama still going through a horrible divorce three years now in the making ( he told us 4 xmas ago he had a 24 year old )
I wish you and your children the brightest most happiest Christmas ever ..
we didn’t go ya Christmas we went last Easter and I broke and bought into dvc for the kids and I .. I can’t wait to take them at Christmas some year soon hopefully

Target has a light up musical tree tabletop battery operated that I love so much. Only 3 in store so might be limited . $25.00
As much as I love the new plastic light up MM Santa tree popcorn holder with $2.00 refills I love the Target musical one more also has Star on top that lights up. And you could each make or bring a small personal ornament to make it truly special for your family this year. But that Xmas tree w/ SMM popcorn holder is practical and way more convenient!
I would also like to wish your family Happy New Year
Thank you so very much .. I hope you have a wonderful And Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New YeR ..

We go for Christmas every year and have done a variety of things depending on what resort we are staying at. We have had larger trees when staying the cabins, table top trees, and as my kids go older we no have this teeny tiny four inch tree that I set out on a dresser. But I am thinking this year of ordering one of the stick on the wall felt trees they have for little kids ... they look like fun too.

For the larger trees we went to Wal-Mart and purchased what we wanted. For the smaller trees we brought them in a suitcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter