Christmas Gifts for TEENS

Thanks for this! Cute ideas for my niece 14. Also thanks for the fortune cookie website. I have also been introduced to Uniqlo from the Dis also.

What is the deal with "Simply Southern" shirts. I shop Bealls of Florida online (I don't live in the south) because they have cute flamingo stuff. I have seen those shirts listed under juniors, but when at WDW the only people I saw wearing them were ladies my age *cough* 40 *cough*. Are southern teens into them? I guess I am just thinking that the coolest things I had as a teen were clothes from stores that you couldn't fine in our area. Granted that was in the olden days that if the mall didn't have it, you didn't wear it. :-)

Right now I only have one teen gift purchased but I have signed up for emails from some of these new sites. I am waiting to see what sales look like late Oct early Nov. That seemed to be the weeks I got the best deals last year. Way before Cyber Monday.

Teens and ladies are into Southern brand shirts. I am from South Carolina but live in Florida now.

The popular "Southern Brands" my daughter likes are:

Simply Southern
Vineyard Vines - My daughter loves her Shep shirt from here.

Palmetto Moon is a South Carolina based company. I visit their store when I am in SC. They are also online.

Southern Marsh I think is popular as well. I have never purchased from them but I like the ladies shorts for DD (too short for me) and have thought about buying them.

Guy Harvey shirts were very popular here a few years ago. I didn't get this since they are fishing shirts, but every tween/teen boy and girls around here had them.

If you google "southern t-shirts" there are other brands too.

Teens and ladies are into Southern brand shirts. I am from South Carolina but live in Florida now.

Simply Southern
Vineyard Vines - My daughter loves her Shep shirt from here.

Palmetto Moon is a South Carolina based company. I visit their store when I am in SC. They are also online.

Southern Marsh I think is popular as well. I have never purchased from them but I like the ladies shorts for DD (too short for me) and have thought about buying them.

Guy Harvey shirts were very popular here a few years ago. I didn't get this since they are fishing shirts, but every tween/teen boy and girls around here had them.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing. My DDs (18 and 14) are not into Simply Southern, but they do carry them at Palmetto Moon and I know some teens wear them. DD14 loves Vineyard Vines; DD18 used to but not as much any more. They both like Ivory Ella.

My nephew (who is now 25) used to love Guy Harvey shirts, but I don't know anyone around here who still wears them.

I have no idea!!

16 yo dd: she likes American eagle but what I like and what she likes are 2 different things. I usually end up getting her a few shirts. She just pointed out slippers she wanted from LL Bean and she wants to get them when her current ones wear out...need to order them later. I have a ton of Disney gift cards (feee ones) so she (and my other 2) will get one for our trip next August. Bath and body stuff, socks, yep I am stumped!

14 yo ds: he is still happy with legos and nerf guns but legos are $$$$. Socks for him too, some clothes much to his dismay and I saw some Yankee stuff at a mall that's a little farther from me so I need to plan a shopping day soon.

11 yo dd: a tween and I have no clue what to get her either!

Like was simple when Fischer price ruled the house!
Ll bean has 20% off your your order that ends tonight plus you get a $10 gift card when you spend $50

My son's 15th (!) birthday is in November. So far I've got him a zip up "galaxy" hoodie that he asked for, a large glass beaker and lab flask to drink from (ds loves weird glasses and is a science nut), a digital thermometer and barometer for his room, and a record album. Some things on his wish list that I may get for Christmas: a syrup pourer (already told you he's weird), Catan Explorers and Pirates expansion, a seismograph, Austin Powers Blu Ray Trilogy, Carcassonne board game, a Tesla bobble head, Secret Hitler board game and Handerpants.

Pretty much done with my DD. We were just at DL a couple weeks ago and she wanted a Disney sweatshirt and Disney Starbucks tumbler so got those for her as early Christmas gifts. just need to get her some stocking stuffers.

what are you getting teen nieces and nephews. Hubby has a couple his brother has 3 teens, 2 in high school and one that's 19. Kids have a lot and are picky. I always feel uncomfortable because I know they like nice expensive stuff. We only have one child 18 years old, they gave her Pj's cost $10-$15 . We aren't super close. At holidays or family parties their kids don't even socialize with family or my DD. They just talk to their parent or siblings and last few events they don't even show up just the parents do. What's a fair amount $$ to spend on each of these kids and what should I buy? I dont want to do gift cards for them because I will end up spending more. They told their parent to tell grandma and the family they don't want clothes or any PJ's

18 people on Hubbys side of the family and the 3 teens are always the hardest

what are you getting teen nieces and nephews. Hubby has a couple his brother has 3 teens, 2 in high school and one that's 19. Kids have a lot and are picky. I always feel uncomfortable because I know they like nice expensive stuff. We only have one child 18 years old, they gave her Pj's cost $10-$15 . We aren't super close. At holidays or family parties their kids don't even socialize with family or my DD. They just talk to their parent or siblings and last few events they don't even show up just the parents do. What's a fair amount $$ to spend on each of these kids and what should I buy? I dont want to do gift cards for them because I will end up spending more. They told their parent to tell grandma and the family they don't want clothes or any PJ's

For the drivers, you could get something they probably would never think to have, but which they'd love to have if they needed it...like...
https://www.amazon.com/ILOVA-Safety...d=1507778281&sr=8-6&keywords=car+window+break
or a little more expensive, but even more likely to be used at some point...
https://www.amazon.com/AAA-Piece-Em...rd_wg=lxLPS&psc=1&refRID=S5JD5APN4VB1YXZ36MW0

Not the sexiest gifts, but not likely to be thrown away or discarded as crud:)...

And if they are girls specifically, bath bombs are a hit...you can buy BBWs for nice single ones, but Amazon has a few nice sets...https://www.amazon.com/Bath-Bombs-L..._rd_wg=N2qPS&refRID=JQGCCGCPK20Z0MXGCH9E&th=1

For the drivers, you could get something they probably would never think to have, but which they'd love to have if they needed it...like...
https://www.amazon.com/ILOVA-Safety...d=1507778281&sr=8-6&keywords=car+window+break
or a little more expensive, but even more likely to be used at some point...
https://www.amazon.com/AAA-Piece-Em...rd_wg=lxLPS&psc=1&refRID=S5JD5APN4VB1YXZ36MW0

Not the sexiest gifts, but not likely to be thrown away or discarded as crud:)...

And if they are girls specifically, bath bombs are a hit...you can buy BBWs for nice single ones, but Amazon has a few nice sets...https://www.amazon.com/Bath-Bombs-L..._rd_wg=N2qPS&refRID=JQGCCGCPK20Z0MXGCH9E&th=1
The one with the car is a pretty boy and probably wont know how to use it or might not want to get drity-lol! the kids wont even help his dad with yardwork.

I like the bath and body works stuff maybe with a personalized cute cosmetic bag or something cute to hold it in.

College student idea:
My 17 yr old DD asked for a Snack Crate subscription for her May birthday. I was a little leary but purchased a three month subscription. It was great. She got a different snack box each month over the summer. Each box is full of snacks from a different country around the world. We are in the US and her boxes were Japan, Canada, and I think S Korea. She loved trying the different snacks. She agreed that she doesn't think she would need this as an ongoing thing but three months was perfect. She would like to try it again when she goes away to college.

https://www.snackcrate.com/

As for what she will get this Christmas. We are doing at big Disney trip in January. (Well for us it's big. First time in a deluxe and with a dining plan) So I am getting her an "Up" magic band for our trip. (She loves Up and there is so little ever made with it)
Bath Bombs from Lush
PS4 games
ITunes
I love the Bento Box idea someone else listed.
P!nk tickets

Last year I got her a Hufflepuff decal for her car window. It was cheap and absolutely one of her favorite presents. That and her SuperNatural pillow case. I love getting her small things that are thoughtful and something she didn't know existed or didn't think to ask for. So much more fun than the big ticket items.

Two DD 15 and 12

Annual Passes to Disney and a March trip- already purchased- girls know about these as it was a request from them. They stated they rather have a gift that gives all year instead of a lot of stuff at Christmas
Make up mirrors for both
Make up subscription- leaning towards IPSY-
I tunes gift card, Disney gift card (already purchased)
New Underarmor sweatshirts (hoping to get a good deal on them)
something that isn't the same for each of them.

Anyone have ideas on cute, relatively cheap stocking stuffers?

Last year I texted my SIL who I am not close with at all, they live out of state, and suggested we make it easier on both of us and not have the kids exchange. They have 2, I have 1 and we didn't even see each other at the holidays so it was basically mailing things. She said totally fine with her. And that was that. I was glad. Not because of the money but just the hassle of mailing, thinking about it and guessing. Seemed silly....I remember when I was young, I had three older cousins, who they too had everything and were spoiled. When they turned 18, well the oldest one was 18, the younger were 16 and 17, my mom made a donation to the food bank in their names and put the information in a card. I doubt they were thrilled but no one ever said anything and it was a nice way to get out of the just giving to give.

I went to BN last night and really enjoyed browsing there. My DD18 still is a kid at heart and likes her toys for xmas so I found a 150 piece pokemon mega blox kit for 18;00 perfect b/c she still enjoys building lego but has all the BIG sets. I also found a Pikachu phone charger which was so cute. And steven universe mystery figures were 2.00 ach. So I feel like I got some cute stocking fun things.

Maybe you are overthinking it? What if you put a $20 bill in a card for each of them and called it done? I seriously don't know a single teenager who wouldn't like twenty bucks.

I am guessing OP having one child is annoyed giving to 3 who do not seem very grateful....

Yeah, I get that...that's why I think if she puts less thought and effort into it, she will be less annoyed. Even if it's a little more than she wants to spend, it would be worth it just to be done.

My DD wants a weighted blanket for Christmas. She has a hard time sleeping (always has) and loves the weight of blankets but not the heat of them. They are sooooo expensive though. Has anyone ever had them, and what did you think? Any good deals out there? Thanks!

I went to BN last night and really enjoyed browsing there. My DD18 still is a kid at heart and likes her toys for xmas so I found a 150 piece pokemon mega blox kit for 18;00 perfect b/c she still enjoys building lego but has all the BIG sets. I also found a Pikachu phone charger which was so cute. And steven universe mystery figures were 2.00 ach. So I feel like I got some cute stocking fun things.

These sound awesome for my DD. BN is Barnes and Noble, I assume? (just want to verify!).Were they clearanced? Where in the store did you find them?

Simply Southern

I was going to say pretty much the same thing. My DDs (18 and 14) are not into Simply Southern, but they do carry them at Palmetto Moon and I know some teens wear them. DD14 loves Vineyard Vines; DD18 used to but not as much any more. They both like Ivory Ella.

My nephew (who is now 25) used to love Guy Harvey shirts, but I don't know anyone around here who still wears them.

Thanks for the insight. I think the Ivory Ella is the cutest. I actually bought DD6 some Reel Legends head bands from Bealls this summer on sale. They are a really nice material and cute print. I may grab some for my nieces.

I love the snack box idea but may use it for one of my brother-in laws. Food usually goes over best with them. A local lady makes boozy jams, they went over well last year.

Vera Bradley has a new online outlet site that is offering 30% off right now. I looked quick and it is older prints, but may be worth a look if anyone is looking for anything.

These sound awesome for my DD. BN is Barnes and Noble, I assume? (just want to verify!).Were they clearanced? Where in the store did you find them?

Quoting myself. Went to Barnes and Noble (under the assumption that was the store), and hit a gold mine! So many things were 75% and 50% off! Tons of "teen" things- anime figures, keychains, bobbleheads, ect... Also, tons of awesome stocking stuffers and small gifts. Ended up spending $100, but got so much! Christmas shopping has officially started :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!