Christmas Getaway (please help!) - Dec 2011 PTR

nocomment711

Ces Soirees-La
So here it is. Mid-February, and I'm already planning a trip to Disney in December. Go me. Anyways, this trip might be a bit difficult to plan and this is the first time I'll ever be planning a trip with the help of the Dis... so... I hope people respond to this because I want to make this trip as amazing as possible.

So a little background. We went to Disney in June of 2009 for my 21st and my nana's 80th birthday. We treated that trip as though it would be the last trip in a while... but in the months since, I find myself wanting to go back more and more because it made me so happy. So I managed to convince my grandma to go back in December.

194da46c.jpg

So that's me on the Epcot Segway tour last summer. I'm a bit of a wannabe photographer. I like taking pictures and I like when they come out beautifully, but I am by no means a professional or even an amateur photographer. I have a fancy point-and-shoot. I'm usually hiding behind the camera for the most part.
Favorite Park: Epcot (WS) or Animal Kingdom
Favorite Character: Tigger

95162282.jpg

That's my grandma. She's in her 80s and loves Disney more than anyone I've ever met. She's been going down since the 1970s and her favorite time to go is over Christmas when everything is so beautifully decorated. It didn't take much to convince her to go down again, but this time just the two of us.
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Character: Mickey

It should be an interesting trip. We plan on going December 3-10. I want to take it at a much slower pace than our last trip, but there is still a lot that I want to cram into the trip. I want to make this as magical as possible, but I want both of us to have fun (and the large age difference makes things difficult).

I know for sure that we're doing the Deluxe Dining plan, but I was thinking of perhaps going with the Premium or Platinum packages because she wants to go out on one of the boats on the Seven Seas Lagoon, and I was thinking of attempting to get her on some backstage tours. Still, I'm unsure as to whether or not they're handicapped accessible and if the extra price is worth it.

98d0c8b2.jpg

I also think that the PhotoPass would be a good idea since it is only the pair of us and I don't want all the pictures to be just her. I have a meeting planned with a AAA agent in a week or two to go over options, but... opinions?

<3

Hi, looks like you're going to be getting there the day we leave.

That's great that you and your Grandma have a love of Disney in common and get to spend some quality time together.

I'm sorry I can't offer much input on the upgrades or boatrides because I don't have any experience with them, but I do think it would be worth it to get the photopass if you order the CD ahead of time and get the discount. I look forward to seeing more as your plans come together.

So we went to AAA and have our money down for the trip.

Now to start the hardcore planning.

:woohoo:

So we've settled on a 6 day, 7 night trip out into Walt Disney World from December 2 - 10. We're doing the deluxe dining plan (because we love to eat) and overall want to plan a much more relaxing trip than the previous trip.

I still have a lot to do for school but we definitely want to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parts (at least once if not twice).

I did have a few questions about the Holiday D-Lights tour (ultimately if it is worth the $200/person) and if there is such a thing as too many Character meals (I have 4 planned). :confused3

I also really want to do the Lunch with an Imagineer.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated (I've been looking through the board for tips and stuff but I get lost very easily).

Thank you! :love:

So I sat down and tried to iron out where we would eat each day. Since it is only the two of us, I'm trying to plan a nice slow pace for the days.

Saturday
  • Breakfast - Chef Mickeys
  • Lunch - WS Restaurant
  • Dinner - Raglan Road
Sunday
  • Lunch - Cinderella's Castle
  • Dinner - Citricos
Monday
  • Breakfast - Room Service
  • Lunch - Princess Lunch
  • Dinner - Marrakesh
Tuesday
  • Lunch with an Imagineer
  • Dinner - Flying Fish
Wednesday
  • Breakfast - Donald's Character Breakfast
  • Lunch - Yak & Yeti
  • Dinner - Jiko
Thursday
  • Lunch - TBD
  • Dinner - Narcoossees
Friday
  • Breakfast - 1900 Park Fair
I know that Lunch with an Imagineer is not included with the dining plan, but it seemed like something we would love to do.

Any tips? Anyone there?

Unfortunately, my grandfather was put on hospice back in July and our trip has been shortened down to one weekend. We're still staying at the Grand Floridian though and have a two day park hopper. The itinerary is planned as follows:

Friday -
Fly down at 8 am
Check in and explore the hotel
4 pm - MVMCP

Saturday -
Shopping and resort hopping all day
Lunch - Raglan Road
Dinner - Narcoossees

Sunday
Epcot
Dinner - Marrakesh

Monday
MK morning
Fly home.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which hotels we should definitely check out?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter