Christmas decorations at site

paxetbonum

Earning My Ears
We usually don't put out much of anything at our site even on a regular visit, it usually looks like a showroom picture. No chairs, tables, coolers etc... We are not really campers as much as travellers and vacationers.

On this trip we would like to decorate some for Christmas. We don't want to go overboard but at the same time we don't want it too look barren. We went to home depot and got an inflatable Mickey and some light up christmas tree path lights (set of 5 I think). We also got a couple of stake signs that say Merry Christmas. I am looking for suggestions for other things that would look nice and kind of fill out the site (without going overboard). Any ideas?

thanks,

pax

Here's a pic of just a normal site at Christmas for some ideas.

IMG_1133-1.jpg

we stayed right across from those nice folks a couple of years ago....sadly the Ms. died last year after they arrived and she had to be rushed back home ill....she died ( she had been under treatment for 2 years prior to this)(if I remember right) before her hubby could get things down and back home...their daughter had to take everything down for him.....I hope in memory of her ,he and their family will return with the grand display in her honor!!! They were a wonderful couple I had the pleasure of meeting and both of them will surely be missed!

We usually don't put out much of anything at our site even on a regular visit, it usually looks like a showroom picture. No chairs, tables, coolers etc... We are not really campers as much as travellers and vacationers.

On this trip we would like to decorate some for Christmas. We don't want to go overboard but at the same time we don't want it too look barren. We went to home depot and got an inflatable Mickey and some light up christmas tree path lights (set of 5 I think). We also got a couple of stake signs that say Merry Christmas. I am looking for suggestions for other things that would look nice and kind of fill out the site (without going overboard). Any ideas?

thanks,

pax

We had one blowup mickey, a row of mickey path lights, and a mickey lamp post. We had lots of compliments. I think your plan is great.:yay: :yay:

My awning isn't really very conducive to lights, and we rarely put it out but I do have a rail that goes all the way around the top, I can put lights on that, maybe the icicle lights that hang down.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Awning lights.

They aren't there this year--we heard his wife passed away.:sad1: I missed their decorations. Hope he is ok and will be able to go back someday.:grouphug:

Thanks for the picture. If you notice he has a couple of little gaps that don't have anything - I think our decorations would not be enough to fill those gaps :santa:

pax

thanks,

pax

It is my opinion that decorations or the amount of decorations are up to you.
For me, I love lights, signs, decorations, etc, (hoildays or not).
But when we travel our space is limit,,so we have to be selective about the size and amount of yard accesaries we bring. So while our site may pale in comparison to other sites as to the beauty or amount of yard-ware,,we are happy with what we do or want to do.
That being said,,I feel you can never have to little or too much,,it's up to your liking .:thumbsup2

Just be careful with decorations that are placed too low. If you are in one of the loops near where the otters nest they tend to chew on the wires and plastic pieces. Those might be best if placed at the top, or on top of, the camper.

They aren't there this year--we heard his wife passed away.:sad1: I missed their decorations. Hope he is ok and will be able to go back someday.:grouphug:

Just saw them on Samantha Brown's Christmas episode that they filmed last year in Novebmer at WDW. Donna Howard passed away I believe Christmas Eve last year not too long after they appeared in the taping. So sad. We wish Mr. Howard well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter