Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009

We arrive on Dec 13th. I takes me about 10 hours to have everything ready. So, with any luck it should be up and running for you guys to see on the 14th. I have no idea where we will be. I would love to get on the 700 loop. But I guess its just a pot luck where they put you. I guess people will post there campsite # when they arrive at FW? I'm not totally sure how that works. Anyway, look forward to seeing you guys in person at the Fort.

Have a Magical day.

Dave

I'm so excited to hear this. My daughter's 12th birthday is the 15th and we would love to take a carriage ride and see your castle show. Thanks for giving your time & energy to make magical memories for others.

Can anyone tell me how long the Christmas decorations are up in January? We wanted to come in Dec., but that will not work for us. So we will be there Jan.16-22nd. And we were hoping that the decorations will still be up. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how long the Christmas decorations are up in January? We wanted to come in Dec., but that will not work for us. So we will be there Jan.16-22nd. And we were hoping that the decorations will still be up. Thanks!

I doubt that long. If possible I'd do a day trip if possible.

What I have been told is most decorations come down after the first week in January.

Dave

I'm so excited to hear this. My daughter's 12th birthday is the 15th and we would love to take a carriage ride and see your castle show. Thanks for giving your time & energy to make magical memories for others.

Thanks for your kind words. Look forward to meeting you and your family at Fort Wilderness.

Dave
Have a Magical day

I'm so sorry if this is a huge faux pas, but I'm getting desperate. While I hate to capitalize on folks having to cancel, I beg of you... if you are going to cancel anytime for any amount of days between December 26th and January 1st, please please please *on my knees* please please send me a private message. We've got a 31 ft. travel trailer and would take any site that will accomodate that.

We got our trailer in June and I've been trying to book something at FW since then with no luck. I check back every few days. *sigh* What's funny is that a few WDW trips ago, my hubby got a little grumping saying, "I think it's time we take a break." We've been back three times since. When I was telling him last night that I thought we were probably going to have to plan to not go at Christmas, he got all pouty! LOL Addict. ;-)

To those of you already with ressies, have a wonderful time!! WDW during the holidays is just unbelievable!!

December is a busy time at work for DH, but for the first year we have managed to grab 2 nights/3 days in mid-Dec. I'm thrilled. So much to do and so little time to do it. We'll fit it all in if it kills us. LOL

Okay, I know it's a little early but I have major OCD when it comes to getting things done. Today I spent the day going through all of our Disney decorations and organizing everything. I packed all the lights together, the inflateables together, the tree and shrub decorations together, the plush decorations together. DH swears we don't have room to bring everything. If I have to, I'll follow him in the RV with my truck and decorations!! :thumbsup2

Now I'm going to tackle making our Mickey wreaths, some golf cart decorations that I want to make, window clings and magnets and then I will work on our t-shirts.

I only have 105 days!! :eek: I wish I could say just say bippity boppity boop and have it all done. :wizard:

We'll be there from 12/6 to 12/19!

Last year during MouseFest, some friends (zakerdog here on the DIS) and I put together a tour of Fort Wilderness campsite decorations. We walked around, enjoying the decorations (I even had my golf cart so people who were tired or can't walk a lot could ride.), then went to one site for a little dessert party, and ended with going to the beach for the water parade. It was a great night; for the people who loved the Fort, we got to enjoy all the decorations, but for the people who had never been past Pioneer Hall (or not even done that), they were blown away by the resort and finally could see why we love it so much.

Would anyone here be interested in doing this? People are coming in for what would be MouseFest and having meets; I'd love to do this with all the Fort enthusiasts here. The dates are December 10th to the 14th.

I made a Cinderella's Castle and had it timed to great Disney music.

Your show was fantastic!! I went to your site a few times and hung out just to see the different songs! I'm definitely going to see it again!

Unfortunately (well not really) we're milking every last drop out of our current APs so we'll be there a month earlier this year. I'll definitely miss the holiday festivities, but hey - at least Osborne is starting early again this year! :santa:

'Nique, you need to extend your stay! At least through the 4th!

ShantaClausSm.png

I really wish we could - we're bummed we're going to miss out on meeting so many of you all.

Well.... *I* could - I have a laptop and can work from anywhere. :upsidedow

Unfortunately DH is already stretching his vaca time so we can be there for 3 weeks. And somehow I don't think he'd love the thought of heading home and leaving me and the pups at the Fort. :rolleyes:

Waaaaa.... I guess we'll have to plan to meet up with y'all next year. :santa:

Waaaaa.... I guess we'll have to plan to meet up with y'all next year. :santa:

This will probably be our last Christmas season at the Fort as I plan to 'go pro' next year. So unless I get hired by Disney (or Universal or somewhere else convenient to the Fort) our future trips will be during Food & Wine or Flower & Garden (or maybe even MNSSHP). I will sorely miss Christmastime at the Fort though, it's the BEST time to go!
ShantaClausSm.png

Christmas/New Year trip from 12/21/09 to 1/1/10!

Can't wait. Taking another family to FW with us this time. (Their first trip to Disney!!!) 10 of us in a camper built for 8...What a wonderfully, magical trip this is going to be! :santa:

Yeah, I'm not sure the moniker "Happiest Place on Earth" extends all the way to the campground, so proceed with caution!
sc_rofl.gif

ShantaClausSm.png

We've never been to the Fort during Christmas. I'm sure it must be a very magical place, with awesome decorations. Is it usually booked up several months in advance? Must be very crowded then.:santa:

This will probably be our last Christmas season at the Fort...

:sad1:

So unless I get hired by Disney (or Universal or somewhere else convenient to the Fort) our future trips will be during Food & Wine or Flower & Garden (or maybe even MNSSHP).

Well fingers crossed there!!

And I'm sure we'll be there during those times too - right now our plan is to get 2 annual trips out of 1 set of APs, which means every other year we're there a bit early. This year we're sneaking in for the last week of F&W which I'm really looking forward to as we haven't done that in a long time.

I'm sure our paths will cross eventually! :santa:

Is it usually booked up several months in advance? Must be very crowded then.:santa:

For the actual week of Christmas - yes, insanely busy and books up MANY months in advance. I'm still planning to brave that week one of these years and when I do, I'll be sure to put my ressie in 499 days out. :thumbsup2

But the first 3 weeks in December (starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving) aren't quite as crowded - although you do still generally need to book early as the Fort gets more and more full the closer you get to Christmas.

It's a fabulous time to go! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter