Christmas 2021

MomAbout

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! Our family has decided that we will be spending two weeks over Christmas this year at Disney. This is not our first trip, but our first since the pandemic. I have lots of questions about travelling (with 2 kiddos), plus testing requirements, and all of the other Covid issues. I'm also excited to begin planning all of the fun. We have never been away for Christmas, so this will also be new.

I look forward to sharing and receiving information prior to our journey!

Hopefully you will be there the week before Christmas Day because on the 24’th attendance really picks up and the chaos starts on the 25’th…….but you will have a great time as long as you don’t expect no wait times. It’s my favorite time of the year. Hopefully you are staying onsite to head back to the hotels for some rest and swimming in the afternoon. It’s still to early to tell what Covid testing will involve, if it does at all. We are going to be at WDW from Dec 16-26 with two children, their spouses and three grandchildren. We then go to the beach in Fort Lauderdale to relax. You will enjoy your Christmas vacay!!!

Welcome MomAbout

Christmas at Disney is truly a wonderful experience.:santa::santa::santa:
I took a few family members during this time and we had so much fun celebrating.
We stayed at OKW Resort and put a blow up polar bear with a Canadian scarf on our balcony.
We planned out
:specific Park days
:dinning (we pre booked Christmas dinner and Christmas morning breakfast).
:down time/family time (Bowling ,,movies, shopping Disney Springs) DVD rentals, Spa day, swimming etc
:special activities Afternoon Tea at Disney's Grand Floridian
:Special After hours event (MVMCP)
Etc....................................
and everything went well.
Have fun planning.

PS.
Extra things we did
:everyone got an envelope with 25$ and had to find a stocking stuffer for another person in Disney Springs
1 hr time limit (Love Basins)
: Hung stockings on the dresser drawers
: bought a miniature Christmas tree in Downtown Disney Springs
: Hung mini white lights (battery)
: note:::: I could not find scotch tape ,tags or wrap anywhere ,,pack and take with you if you think you might need them.
: Make Mickey Santa hats with big black pom poms.
1625865030476.png

The Christmas Tree Trail in Downtown Disney Springs is lovely.
Grab a cup of hot chocolate at Starbucks and enjoy.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
We have a Disney trip booked Dec 19-26, also first time traveling to Disney at Christmas.
I also heard that crowds manageable leading UP to Christmas but I wonder if that will be the case this year as school break begins early, for us anyway Iast day of school before the break is Dec 17...
I’ll be watching this thread too.
I hope that come December travel requirements will change, actually fairly sure they will.
We are also going Aug 15-22 and will be going through the testing (though we are vaccinated)

Last edited:

We have a Disney trip booked Dec 19-26, also first time traveling to Disney at Christmas.
I also heard that crowds manageable leading UP to Christmas but I wonder if that will be the case this year as school beak begins early, for us anyway Iast day of school before the break is Dec 17...
I’ll be watching this thread too.
I hope that come December travel requirements will change, actually fairly sure they will.
We are also going Aug 15-22 and will be going through the testing (but we are vaccinated)
We will be there Dec 16-30 and I'm really not sure what to expect crow
Hopefully you will be there the week before Christmas Day because on the 24’th attendance really picks up and the chaos starts on the 25’th…….but you will have a great time as long as you don’t expect no wait times. It’s my favorite time of the year. Hopefully you are staying onsite to head back to the hotels for some rest and swimming in the afternoon. It’s still to early to tell what Covid testing will involve, if it does at all. We are going to be at WDW from Dec 16-26 with two children, their spouses and three grandchildren. We then go to the beach in Fort Lauderdale to relax. You will enjoy your Christmas vacay!!!

The big Christmas rush usually start Dec 17 and on,,,, but many more people since Covid 19 have been working remote so this may change this year.
Also keep in mind many more people will be traveling after not being able to this past year and half. (not just from Canada).
People from all over the world travel to Disney so there is no one way to determine when everyone has Winter/ Christmas Holidays ,,just know that yes it is going to be busy and plan accordingly.
Sadly I can't go this year and rented out my DVC Christmas reservation ,,,but there is always next year 2022.:santa:

Hugs
Mel

Disney Christmas info
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-christmas-ultimate-guide/

We're booked for a Disney Cruise and stay at WDW. We've stayed a few times before during the holidays...always with a Disney Cruise so we're only at the parks for 1 wk and the other week on the cruise.

The parks are very busy, but not sure how it will be this year if they continue with the park reservations. I would assume the limits the number of people without needing to close the park since only the ones with reservations are allowed in. I was wondering if they would continue this type of reservation to control the number of people post pandemic...

It's less than 6 months away and I'm nervous about whether things will be cancelled...for us, I'm worried about the cruise. I know the parks will likely not be an issue unless things change in the US...but still a bit anxious.

It's definitely not the same planning spirit I've had in the past.

We are also booked for Christmas and expect the testing will be a non-issue by then. We go almost every Christmas as it’s when we can travel. DH and DS2 are not Disney fans (the horror!), but they like using the gym at CSR and going for runs. DS1 is a huge fan like me, so we split up most days and then meet somewhere for dinner, so everyone’s happy.
Christmas really is magical at WDW and be sure to take in the details of each large tree at the parks, as the theming of the decorations is amazing.
We bring stockings with us and Santa fills them, but we don’t do presents. When the kids were little and we used to drive down, Santa would leave a few presents though. On Christmas Day we open the stockings, go for breakfast, go for a swim (just because we can) and then head off to Epcot. We choose Epcot for Christmas Day because it has the capacity to hold a lot of people and MK will sometimes close because of the crowds.
I hope you have a great time!

My absolute favourite time to go to Disney. Nothing beats being at Disney on Christmas day, and NYE is an absolute blast. Insanely busy, but a lot of fun.

If you're there on Christmas day and going to a park, go early, especially if going to MK. That is one of the few days of the year (possible the only day?) that MK closes due to capacity.

If you're there on NYE, MK does NYE fireworks on the 30th and 31st. EPCOT only does the NYE fireworks on the 31st. We do both shows on the 30th at MK, the early show at MK on the 31st, then hop over to EPCOT for the midnight show. They are incredible!

We've done Christmas at Disneyland before and it was one of our best trips!! Amazing. I would like to do it again this Christmas (or possibly in mid November as it is still decorated) but it will depend on if the under 12's are able to get vaccinated as I'm not quarantining my then-11-yr old for a five night trip. I expect the testing requirements to still be in place, however, at least through the end of 2021.

Looks like they are going with an After Hours even for Christmas instead of the party, as they did with Halloween.

Yes but there are separate fireworks! Although, not sure I want to spend $700 on tickets just yet. I would rather spend that money on the Cirque show, I think. We are also contemplating heading over to Universal for a day as well.

Yes but there are separate fireworks! Although, not sure I want to spend $700 on tickets just yet. I would rather spend that money on the Cirque show, I think. We are also contemplating heading over to Universal for a day as well.

I'm still not sure we are going to even go. Kiddo can't get vaccinated in time (yet any way, maybe they'll approve younger kids in time). We may just wait until next year. I don't know.

: Make Mickey Santa hats with big black pom poms.
View attachment 588105

The Christmas Tree Trail in Downtown Disney Springs is lovely.
Grab a cup of hot chocolate at Starbucks and enjoy.

OMG I LOVE THIS IDEA! I might steal it for our December trip if you don't mind! Last time we went I wanted a simple Santa Mickey Hat but they all had extra stuff on them. This is the perfect idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter