Christmas 2020 at DisneyWorld, will it be worth it?

only with life, lol, we only got so many chances to have a great time, then it ends all of a sudden abd you cant go back, so I am a go for it guy
I try to be a go for it gal when it comes to doing things. There are other areas where I am much more conservative these days.

I wouldn't go to Disney for Christmas this year. It's peak season, so peak prices for park tickets. No deals for hotels. Many restaurants are still not open. No MVMCP, no Candlelight Processional (yes, these both require additional tickets, but still...), no character interaction, no holiday parade, no holiday fireworks. I would say, book a terrific hotel resort offsite and enjoy the amenities there (we are have reservations at Hilton Grand Vacations @ Tuscany Village), and enjoy the area and other destinations (Sea World? KSC?) I would maybe go for a day to MK, if you want Disney at the holidays; I think that's the most "Christmassy" of the parks. It just seems like it's a whole lotta money to spend for a multi-day Disney ticket with limited attractions and experiences, IMO.

We were planning to go this year but after checking prices we decided not to. Just too many things missing and we'd have to pay more than previous years.

I sounds like they are really scaling down the experience. Prices are crazy high at that time of year. I would wait.

Hint.... when we go for Christmas we make the 25th our last day. Crowds/prices are lower for the week before. We do what we want early in the week and Christmas Day is just enjoying the environment. You won’t get much done that day but it is really festive. Nothing like being on BTMR or splash while they light the castle or fireworks.

The last trip that is on our radar is a Christmas trip to DisneyWorld...Would the juice be worth the squeeze?
A Christmas WDW trip is not worth it for us, with no icicle castle lighting at night & no gingerbread displays at resorts. We had a post-beach vacation night at GF booked for late December, but cancelled it after hearing about those cutbacks.

If you're going primarily for their Christmas experience, this is a bad year to go. If you're going for the full-on Disney experience, it's a bad year to go.

If you just want to go somewhere & WDW sounds like fun despite the restrictions & cutbacks, then have at it. We were there in July & had some fun, but you should accept going in that it will be a compromised experience.

Last edited:
Lots of food for thought here. I am going to share this thread with the family and propose holding off or reducing the Disney component for a better experience. A day or two in the parks just to satisfy the Disney fix might be worthwhile, but a trip after the fireworks come on line and there are more experiences open would be preferred. I am going to research Sea World and perhaps Universal to see if there are any deals there. We have never done the space center so that might be on the table also.

I will say if they still are limiting attendance, this will be a unique opportunity to experience the parks on Christmas without bone crushing crowds. That's a pretty big positive.

I will not go anywhere where I have to walk around all day long with a mask on- to me that is not fun and i am certainly not paying money for that.

I will not go anywhere where I have to walk around all day long with a mask on- to me that is not fun and i am certainly not paying money for that.
That is the one significant downside. Mask will likely remain until there is liability protection and that could be a long time in coming.

I know what you mean. But I think at some point, a lot of people just need a vacation, and if you live in a place where masks are already required everywhere, then you're not losing anything by still having to wear it on vacation. At least you get a vacation, whereas if you stayed home you'd get no vacation, and still have to wear the mask. That's how we felt when we went to WDW in July. It was fantastic just to travel at all, after months of lockdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter