Christmas 2017

I've looked through, though haven't read word for word and didn't notice anyone post about one. Are there any recommendations for a good flashlight? When we take the dogs out early in the morning or before bed it's pretty dark out. The street lights are close enough and we don't have lights for our whole yard. My mom wants a better flashlight but doesn't want to spend a ton. I'm thinking about getting her one for xmas. Nothing too big but something really bright. We have one that's ok but it drains AA's like crazy. Bass Pro is about 45 min away and I'm not even sure how to try googling for a good flashlight. Thanks!

Target posted their BF Ad today. Of course my DH and I just upgraded our phones on Friday and the gift card promo is for $100 more than we got. :scared: I'm seriously considering returning them and waiting to net an additional $200 in gift cards. We sure could use it! :D Going to head up there today to see what my options are.

Target has a Cartwheel coupon for 40% off an EA sports video game for today only. Their Black Friday ad has the games 50% off, but I got NBA 2K18 for the PS4 for my DS11 today. I'll gladly give up $6 extra to avoid Target on Thanksgiving.

I'm stumped on him. He is giving me NOTHING as far as what he wants. All he says is money. I'm thinking of just giving him the game, a Pokemon 3DS game he wants and then wrapping up money and maybe gift cards in various size boxes for him to open.

I read up thread that some others are having trouble with ideas for their 11 year old boys. Count me in, too. It is so frustrating with him!

My DD13 is easy, thankfully. She gave me a list back in September and has been adding to it since then. She really wants a stylus similar to the Apple Pencil so she can draw and color precisely on her iPad. Tip has to be pointed, not squishy on the end. I might need to go to Best Buy for help on that one. She also wants some video editing software that is $400 but that is not happening.

I got her a set of Copic markers from Michaels that I used a 50% off coupon for, a manga comic book sketch pad, and a watercolor paint sketch pad. I'm waiting for another 50% coupon to buy a set of watercolor paints, and this Friday I'll go to Best Buy and get the Minecraft 3DS game since I have some rewards to use up. Then she wants some gift cards, so she'll be easy to finish up.

For DH, we're getting him a drawstring backpack and we're on the lookout for an orange Justin Verlander Astros jersey. We're originally from MI, but now live near Houston, so DH was very happy when Verlander was traded. He was DH's favorite Tiger. All we've been able to find is white so far.

I have no clue for stocking stuffers. They might just have to live with some candy and gum.

I'm looking for some help...

Tonight my mom mentioned that she was interested in wireless speakers for Christmas. She has a full stereo system (receiver, turntable, CD player, tape deck) that is currently wired to mammoth speakers, which she wants to get rid of. I poked around on-line and it seems like there might be a gadget to use wireless speakers with her system, but it's completely beyond my experience. My mom is NOT tech-savvy at all so I'm going to be the one responsible to setting up anything that I buy. Has anyone done anything similar?

Follow-up question - What is a "good deal" on wireless speakers? Any recommendations? Do's or don'ts?

For my 11year old I have
  • Steam Gift Card
  • iTunes Gift Card
  • Pokémon Cards Crimson Invasion Elite
  • Beats Studio 2 Wireless
I think I’m done with him other than a few movies he I still interested in and a book for his stocking. He recently had a birthday and got a Fitbit Charge 2 and a Kylo REN jacket.

For my 2year old I have
  • Bath toys
  • Little Tikes 3’ Trampoline
I don the know what else to get him, we are planning on getting him the Thor zipper sweater, but I’m lost as to what else. For his stocking I have a darth Vader car, planning on a movie and a book and don’t know what else.

Can't wait:flower3: I have a nephew, we have the same birthday and I live very close to him. He likes cartoons and movies, so I try to find classic cartoons and movies on promopure.

Target posted their BF Ad today. Of course my DH and I just upgraded our phones on Friday and the gift card promo is for $100 more than we got. :scared: I'm seriously considering returning them and waiting to net an additional $200 in gift cards. We sure could use it! :D Going to head up there today to see what my options are.

It’s a Black Friday deal so you’re playing with fire if you do that. Will they give each store enough stock to satisfy demand? At my local store shoppers start lining up well in advance to score such deals. Are you willing to do that if it’s necessary?

It’s a Black Friday deal so you’re playing with fire if you do that. Will they give each store enough stock to satisfy demand? At my local store shoppers start lining up well in advance to score such deals. Are you willing to do that if it’s necessary?

It is a pretty standard BF Deal. Costco was 250 last year. I easily scored two. I also got one at Target due to a color not being in stock at Costco. My point is I think you will be fine getting stock. The lines at their kiosks are a pain on BF but this is a pretty standard BF deal

I've always done the BF upgrades, but based on what we're seeing with fewer deals, I thought it would be risky to wait, and them not offer a better deal. I have a Target Redcard, so more than likely would be able to go in and get it on the 22nd with no problems. Also considering changing the phone to the Note 8, as I've been having trouble texting on this super narrow phone. lol Still on the fence though. I have a week and a half to decide before my 14 day return window.

It is a pretty standard BF Deal. Costco was 250 last year. I easily scored two. I also got one at Target due to a color not being in stock at Costco. My point is I think you will be fine getting stock. The lines at their kiosks are a pain on BF but this is a pretty standard BF deal

Agreed. As awesome as the phones are, Samsung customers are not as rabid as Apple customers. LOL. Most of the time you can get the deal early anyway.

I've always done the BF upgrades, but based on what we're seeing with fewer deals, I thought it would be risky to wait, and them not offer a better deal. I have a Target Redcard, so more than likely would be able to go in and get it on the 22nd with no problems. Also considering changing the phone to the Note 8, as I've been having trouble texting on this super narrow phone. lol Still on the fence though. I have a week and a half to decide before my 14 day return window.

Just an FYI, I recently got the Note 8 myself and it is pretty narrow. Definitely go and hold one before you purchase it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter