Christmas 2013...

1Grumpy9

DIS Veteran
I think I have my parents convinced to going down to WDW and staying at Fort for Christmas next year. We really don't do a big celebration on Christmas Day, so why not celebrate it at WDW. :santa: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

We were talking about it Saturday night and mom suggested (and she is the hardest to convince) that after Christmas week, they could drop the camper off at the campsite that they stay at in Daytona and park it there until they come back down the end of January.

I talked to DBFF (who is like another daughter to my parents) and she said that she would come along...Of course, mom says to me, I guess there will be four of us instead of three...LOL!!! :rolleyes1

Congratulations, make those reservations NOW! It fills up fast.

When I first mentioned it to them, my dad said, "Can we even get a spot now?" I said I got one when I did the quick search. (that was just last week) If we are definitely going, we have to make the reservations quickly!!!

Ok, tomorrow is the big day that we are going to book the family Christmas at the Fort. Since this is our first time camping at WDW, is there a specific loop we could try to request? We have a 37 1/2 foot 5th wheel camper.

Sounds like a great time to go. Have fun!

Nope, don't wait. I waited 2 days and had to alter my dates, and that was over a year out.

You loop request depends on what level of site you want. For that size rig, I would go for a Premium if that's in your budget. Somewhere on this site you can find a description of the various loop designations. Premium, Preferred, and Full sites, some are pet and some are non pet, although Disney has been known to put pets in any loop if necessary. Premiums have wider and longer concrete and no sand pit at the rear. Much easier to get into, and more space for a patio, awning, and slides. And understand you can only request. Disney makes the final chouice, but usually you get what you want, if available.

Thanks for the info...We don't need to worry about pets as we don't have any. I am not sure if the Pemium is within our budget as this is our family trip for Christmas to each other and it is almost $900 for the week and my parents are dropping the camper off in Daytona (and they have to pay for that spot until they arrive back down in FL). We will know more this evening after I go over to AAA.

Sorry I forgot to post that we did in fact get over to AAA to reserve our spot for next Christmas at the Fort. We only put the deposit down and I suggested to my mom that we pay on it monthly that way we don't have a large final payment when we get there. We went with a full hook-up site (it was within the budget).

Now I get to start planning on what decorations we will be bringing. I just got an inflatable "whack a penguin" that I would like to bring along, but I am not sure if I will or not. We also have rope lights we can string up. I am also the planner of the group, so I have to decide what our plans are going to be. There is one thing my mom would like to do is go to CP and my only request is that I am in MK on Christmas Day (and I realize that I would have to be over there for rope drop that day. That is really the only planning I would have to do. We have all been to the parks before, so being there all day, every day is not something high on our list. I would like to visit other resorts to see their decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter