Chris & Danielle SeaBreezePoint/Attic Wedding June 2013! :)*Updated Dress Pics*

Good thing the crowds were ok! I went shopping yesterday and it was still hell! Great pictures, you both look so happy :goodvibes I love the groom's/groomsmen's shoes! I think they fit your theme perfectly and they're not too casual. I'm so excited to hear more about your welcome party, your programs and of course your reception at The Attic!

Oh my gosh...well great minds think alike! That is too funny! Was it still too hot at 10 am? We are doing it then so it hopefully won't be hot and sticky like it is in the afternoon at WDW. Thanks for following along! I'm sure you can help me a lot with ideas since you got married at SBP too! :dance3:

Honestly, it was not too hot...but I don't think I would have noticed even if it was, since I was so focused on everything else! Ask any questions you'd like :)

Well I am a bad Disbride I have not updated in a while but I have a good reason I swear. I have commented before on looking for a new job because of some shady things my employer was doing to the staff and I. Long story short I work as an event coordinator and I was actually laid off last friday before an event due to budgeting reasons. I was the newest hire so I of course had to go.
But I interviewed at the Hilton Hotel and conference center here in Atlanta on Tuesday and got a call yesterday that I got the job! YAY! I am young and don't have a lot of experience yet with event coordination so I feel like this is a great venue for me to move up the ladder which I didn't have at my other job. The Hilton is also a great brand to be associated with. But I will be honest I did take a bit of a pay cut but hopefully that pays off in the long run.
But I feel so blessed to have another job lined up. I know that does not often happen for people.

Anyway I'm babbling....in wedding news.............
We are at the 6 month mark!!!! YAY!!!!!!
It truly is going by fast! People told me that before but now I really believe it!

- I had my phone conference with Rosie the florist last week and it went amazing! She is so sweet and I just hope she understood my vision since it was over the phone. But I was thrilled to find out that at the time of the year we are having our wedding peonies are cheaper than garden roses! OMG! I really wanted peonies in our arrangements but I was nervous to ask and was all ready to settle for garden roses but she kindly let me know that peonies would not be expensive at all in June! OMG!!!! Such great news for me YAY! I will be sure to share my BEO when we receive it.

-We also made our travel plans and reserved our rooms using our DVC hookup with the DF's parents. Our wedding is on June 10th so our guests are receiving two free nights the night before the wedding (9th) and the night of the wedding (10th) at the BW.We are arriving on the 7th of June the day after his parents are going down and we will be traveling down with my MOH and one of his groomsmen. We will be also staying at the BW until after the wedding. Then for our honeymoon we move over to the Y&BC the night of the wedding till the 17th. So we will both be off for the wedding for a total of 12 days! Yikes! Can't wait to tell my new job that!

-We also got our invites in so I will be posting a picture of those soon. We just need to put them together first in the next couple of days.

-I also have an appointment Monday at the dress shop since my bridesmaid is coming into town for xmas and we need to get her fitted and get the dresses ordered.

-We are also working on a newsletter for our guests, our programs, and have just finalized our welcome party menu so we will be posting pics of these after they come in.

I hope everyone is doing well and getting all their xmas shopping done! :rotfl:

Congrats on the new job AND the peonies haha. I'm seriously jealous, because I want them, too :)

I think I'll be fine settling for a garden rose arrangement though!

good to hear about the flowers. we are thinking peonies, but july, hopefully they won't be too much more expensive then! :D

Yay for an update! :dance3: Congrats on your new job! That sounds amazing! I would be happy to take a pay cut if it meant getting another job sooner rather than later :thumbsup2 I'm happy for you that you're able to have the exact flowers you want :cheer2: that's awesome you've made your travel plans. How generous of you for giving your guests 2 free nights at the BW! Your plans sound great, I have never stayed at the Y&BC, have you? It looks beautiful! I'm sure you're going to love your stay :goodvibes

I can't wait to see your invites! Have fun dress shopping with your bridesmaid!

Hi! First off....Congrats on the new job! How exciting!! It sounds like a great step in a fun career! :goodvibes

Anyway...I know things are a smidge different from when we got married, but I was an Escape bride and I customized....A LOT. So much so, that my coordinator loved working on my wedding she said because it was almost like a Wishes wedding.
(Which at the time, was just over my budget and even with all the add-ons I still didn't make the Wishes minimum back then, then the next year they lowered it, which sucked but oh well!) :rotfl:

Anyway...I just wanted to say, a lot of it depends on who your coordinator is and how much they want to work with you, but if you don't mind the extra expense, you can do lots of add-ons and customizations.
I had Rosie too as she is the Escape Floral Coordinator and she is AWESOME!!!!! Fabulous really.....plus such a sweetheart!

I'll be following along on your PJ, as I have been...btw...LOVE the ring and the dress! OMG! Stunning. Hopefully you'll get all the answers you need here from past Escape brides. :goodvibes

Hi! First off....Congrats on the new job! How exciting!! It sounds like a great step in a fun career! :goodvibes

Anyway...I know things are a smidge different from when we got married, but I was an Escape bride and I customized....A LOT. So much so, that my coordinator loved working on my wedding she said because it was almost like a Wishes wedding.
(Which at the time, was just over my budget and even with all the add-ons I still didn't make the Wishes minimum back then, then the next year they lowered it, which sucked but oh well!) :rotfl:

Anyway...I just wanted to say, a lot of it depends on who your coordinator is and how much they want to work with you, but if you don't mind the extra expense, you can do lots of add-ons and customizations.
I had Rosie too as she is the Escape Floral Coordinator and she is AWESOME!!!!! Fabulous really.....plus such a sweetheart!

I'll be following along on your PJ, as I have been...btw...LOVE the ring and the dress! OMG! Stunning. Hopefully you'll get all the answers you need here from past Escape brides. :goodvibes

Thank for for all the great advice! Our coordinator said the same thing about our wedding since we are customizing like you and your husband did. The wishes wedding was just over our budget as well :/
Thank you so much for following along! :banana:

Hello Disbrides! I hope you all had a great New Years Eve last night and I wish you a happy New Year for 2013! I don't know about you all but I am excited for this upcoming year. Between starting my new job, getting married, and finally moving out with the DF! Awesome! I'm sure you all feel the same! Oh I want to thank you all again for following along with our plans and your kind words about starting my new job. It was a very scary time when I was laid off and your support really helped. Now on to the photo bomb....!

We are about 5 months away! OMG!!!
We have gotten a lot done on the wedding front...first off I mentioned that we had our phone conference with Rosie the florist so I wanted to post the photos I sent her before our phone conference of our inspiration for our floral. I think they really go with our Vintage Boardwalk theme and Rosie will be executing the same floral with just a couple little changes.
to give you an idea of what we talked about with her and what is ordered for our ceremony at Seabreeze Point we added two arch way arrangements, four aisle arrangements, rose petals down aisle like in the picture below and of course our personal floral. For The Attic reception we are also doing little arrangements and possibly votive candles.

28149_737276740067_72603522_4301401_zps90674781.jpg

66287425734958401_OuFJch8R_c_zps355b8e58.jpg

pink_wedding_bouquet3_zpsab6ca0b1.jpg

I will also make sure to post my BEO when we receive it but we are still waiting.

We also just got our invites in and got them ready to send out. I am sad that I forgot to take a picture of our belly bands and monogram on the outside but here they are! I can't believe what a great job the DF did! He designed these from start to finish.

7AD6036C-0592-47AA-AD6E-4EBD779FADDD-4722-000005B2AAC3244C.jpg

C562BF6C-B46F-4E1E-B6F4-A5749A5294E2-4722-000005B2A1B20F37.jpg

9D912A25-B90F-442F-934B-5A9E72ABF8CA-4722-000005B294B3E779.jpg

3584CB47-03CE-458F-B3F1-9C0336001893-4722-000005B28A1AB579.jpg

I love the shimmer look to these as well!
These are our envelopes all ready to be sent out with our Up stamps we ordered from Zazzle!

0B2382CB-4E3B-4154-9CFC-697D4564D3F3-4722-000005B280D57187.jpg

My In laws were just in Disney and got us the "We're Celebrating" pins which we will be using as place cards for our welcome dinner. They also got us these frames for FREE at one of the Boardwalk resort check in desks for our welcome bags! So Cute! I didn't even know they had things like these! But we will be typing up a thank you note to put in these and then our guests can use these as picture frames when they get home with a pic from the wedding. They have a pop up back to use to stand them up.

2672FD36-3887-4FE3-8BC5-AB176F3A0C7C-4722-000005B5AA2A0063.jpg

I also bought my earrings for the wedding! They look better in person.

B168390B-6BC4-427D-AA79-831762E5C6B8-4722-000005B2B267F7D2.jpg

And chris gave me this hanky he ordered from Etsy for christmas for my something new and something blue!

392D5390-BD06-4DBA-9447-1F5D5CC23C3B-4722-000005B27B64FDBA.jpg

Well that is all for now. We are still waiting on our programs to come in that Chris ordered and waiting to hear back from Disney on our Reception Menu and our floral pricing from Rosie. Next on our list to tackle is ordering our rings, getting all of our gifts for the bridal party, and making our welcome party reservation and honeymoon dining reservations. :cutie:

We have the same stamps! Aren't they adorable?!

I love the photo frames! :love: Do you know how they got them? Did they just ask?

Happy New Year!

Oh ya they are super cute! I just love that movie!

Well we wanted to put Disney postcards in our welcome baskets and we know instead of buying them they give them out sometimes at the check in desks. So they asked for the pins and the postcards and the cast member said they ran out of postcards and gave them those instead. You should ask for some!

Everything looks amazing! Your invites are awesome! I'm jealous you could offer your guests a room to stay in! We really wanted to do that, but since we paid for the wedding ourselves, we couldn't swing the extra costs and still have a honeymoon. Maybe if we waited a few more years! But thats incredible you can offer your guests that!

Those invitations are STUNNING!! I love the vintage look and the shimmery paper. That is so amazing that you are helping fund your guests' trips...that will really make them all feel so special I'm certain!

Can't wait to hear more!
Brooke

Just caught up on everything and just had to say wow I am in love with it all! I am a hopeful UK Disney bride to be with visions of a vintage / peony theme too, so will be following along with your plans for sure!

And from one graphic designer to another (well to your future DH!) all your stationery is amazing! :) happy planning and all the best x

Happy New Year! Wow, you've been busy. I can't wait to see what SBP will look like for your wedding! Your floral inspiration pictures are gorgeous! Your invites are beautiful and I love the stamps :lovestruc the Boardwalk frames are awesome and I think that's a great idea to put a thank you note in them and then use them afterwards to put a wedding photo in. Looks like running out of postcards wasn't such a bad thing :thumbsup2 your earrings look really pretty and I think they'll look great with your dress :goodvibes the hanky is cute, is it weird seeing your new monogram? I can't wait for more!! popcorn::

great update! i love the decor for SBP, reckon we will go for something like that as well!

your invites are just FABULOUS! i love them so much! :D

Hi! I've been trying to catch up on all the pjs and now I'm caught up on yours! Your proposal story is super sweet and I love your engagement pictures! All your DF's work on the stationery is amazing. It's so cool that he did those!

I am a fan of garden roses and peonies too but our date is in October so garden roses it is!

Loved reading so far, can't wait to follow more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter