Choosing Park Days in June

Jobelle

Earning My Ears
We're looking at a 5 night trip next June (around the 3rd week of June). We're somewhat flexible with which days. DH would like to go ahead and get a hotel reservation now in case prices start going up but that means we need to figure out dates.

We originally considered a Monday - Saturday with park days being Mon afternoon, Tues, Wed, and Friday. But I've been reading here that weekends are often better. So I'd like advice on how to shift our days to incorporate a weekend day or two. Or should I keep the dates as they are recognizing that it'll just be crowded no matter what?

Some other info ... We're planning a break day to go to the beach. We will try for an early arrival flight so we can start with a half day but that is still being debated and we might just plan for 3 full days. We have 3 kids, oldest will be 8 so we will do early mornings but not late late nights in the park. Thanks!

I think June is a great time to go. We've done it twice, one pre-Covid and this past summer. I would see if you can figure out the Magic Key blockout periods and plan around them. Based on this year, the first two weeks of June Monday through Thursday or Friday are open to most Keys. It's also around before the start of the summer Blockout period so there's a bit more activity since MKs want to get their visits in before they can no longer do it for a time. Another consideration is Grad Nights. This mostly affects California Adventure but can have a spillover effect on DLR. These end around mid-June.

Based on the above, I would check out the 3rd or 4th week of June, steering clear of the July 4th holiday period. Definitely skip Mondays as that's some weird day where it's busy. I would aim to make your last park day land on Sunday. So maybe Wednesday, Thursday, Friday be your Beach Day, Saturday, and Sunday. Touringplans.com can be a good option to help you with future date planning as they usually have MK restrictions and events listed. They also have past calendar information so you see what happened in June 2022 and prior.

We went 3rd of June this year and it was packed to the gills from Tuesday to Thursday. For comparison it was less crowded during dapper day weekend in April.

We were in the parks this year in late June (21st - 25th)...Tuesday - Saturday. And honestly, I didn't notice drastic differences in crowds on Tuesday-Thursday vs. Friday-Saturday.

I don't know what beach you're planning to go to but I imagine finding parking at the beach on a weekend might be worse than on a weekday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter