Choosing Home Resort for larger family

I would rather stay home then have to share one room and one bathroom with 5 people while on vacation. We always do two bedrooms when all 5 of us go and 1 bedrooms usually when it is just DH and I. Studios are too cramped and we like the full kitchen for beverages and snacks. I even occasionally cook spaghetti for diner if we don't feel like going anywhere and eat by the pool.

We own both BWV and BRV, but spend way more time at BWV. Our kids were about your kids age when we bought 15 years ago. Epcot is now their favorite parka and DHS is second. With banking and borrowing you can pull off a two bedroom at BWV for not too many points. That gives you off years to go someplace else to get a Disney break.

Good luck with your decision.

I own DVC now, but these kind of comments make me realise how much things have changed! Vacation for me when I was younger was 4 of us in a small tent and a bathroom shared with 50. :) I loved it! I would still rather experience anything new rather than sit home and do nothing.

We are fortunate enough to be able to book one bedrooms sometimes now, but that doesn't make any of our other trips any less fun.

I think you should buy where you want to stay the most. BWV has the best location on property besides BCV (but it’s just too small). The one bedroom at BWV does not sleep 5 unless you bring an air mattress, so studios or 2 bedrooms are your best bet there. My 3 kids are similar in age and they really don’t like being smooshed into a studio anymore and frankly it’s not as fun for us either. I really think 200 points will give you more flexibility with studios getting harder to book everywhere especially if you plan to travel in the fall.
agree completely. My kids are older and hate studios. Its one or two bedrooms only for us.

Is BRV that much cheaper? The point charts should be better at BWV, I think MFs are lower, and you get a better location. BRV is a really nice resort but its not BWV (I own there and RIV).

Have to over time BRV really isn't likely to be much of a savings over BWV.

@sethschroeder Why did you buy at BWV and RIV, rather than 2 resorts not in the same area (Epcot)?

We own at RIV and just stayed at BWV, and it was amazing. I would love to own 50-75 points there for a few nights a year, but I’m having trouble reconciling with the fact RIV is similarly convenient to EPCOT & HS.

I appreciate your thoughts!

I don't know that I would be comfortable with five large sized people in a single studio. BRV and BWV are very similar in size and layout. Currently you would only have one queen bed, one double bed and a bunk sized murphy bed in a studio at each of these. Now, renovations could change those bed sizes to queen bed, queen murphy bed and twin whatever, but you still have five large people in a studio. At a minimum I'd figure on enough points for a one bedroom.

@xtinewashere, I hope you have already decided what’s best for your family, but if not- my vote is always “buy where you want to stay!” If BWV is more your style than BRV, I would definitely buy there! They have the same number of years left, and they even sleep the same number of people!! Even with the extra cost pp upfront for BW, I believe it would be possible to get more for your money over the long haul due to the lower maintenance fees & the ability to book standard view rooms there. 🤓 Best of luck!

@brazzledazzler, I also own at 2 Epcot area resorts (RIV & BCV). When you look at all things considered- points charts, contract length, annual dues, theming, rooms, restaurants, pools, walkability vs Skyliner- they are very different, and I love them both! I do own at other WDW resort areas as well, but I would not be against owning at all 3 monorail or EP resorts (I already own 2 at each 😉)… and I even enjoy split stays within the same area of the World 😄

facebook twitter