• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

Help!! I've had an 8am Garden Grill booked since 180 days but this morning was able to snag a 9:35am Akershus. Which should I keep? It'll be myself, my oldest daughter 22 and youngest daughter 7. We leave tomorrow and our Epcot day is Wednesday so not much time to decide!! Thanks for your input!
I would go with GG. It's a pre park opening and I bet you can get right on Soarin. The other reservation wastes those precious morning hours eating.

I would go with GG. It's a pre park opening and I bet you can get right on Soarin. The other reservation wastes those precious morning hours eating.

I second this! Unless seeing the princesses would be more fun/exciting for your daughters. From a practical standpoint, GG will be more beneficial for getting in to Epcot and then getting to Soarin' right after breakfast. Then you can use one of your FPs for TT. Since you can't use a FP for Soarin' and TT, this saves you probably 30-40 minutes of line time.

From a "happiness" standpoint, if your daughter's would absolutely love the princesses and environment of Akershus then choose that. Just be aware it may mean more line time later in the day. If you get to Epcot at Rope Drop and then head straight to TT or Soarin' you might only have a 20 minute wait...so you could go that route as well.

I second this! Unless seeing the princesses would be more fun/exciting for your daughters. From a practical standpoint, GG will be more beneficial for getting in to Epcot and then getting to Soarin' right after breakfast. Then you can use one of your FPs for TT. Since you can't use a FP for Soarin' and TT, this saves you probably 30-40 minutes of line time.

From a "happiness" standpoint, if your daughter's would absolutely love the princesses and environment of Akershus then choose that. Just be aware it may mean more line time later in the day. If you get to Epcot at Rope Drop and then head straight to TT or Soarin' you might only have a 20 minute wait...so you could go that route as well.
Plus we loved GG. Went for dinner but the character interaction is awesome!

Checked with the boss (AKA my 7 year old! ) and she chose Chip and Dale so that's what we'll go with. I'm a bit surprised! Thanks, all!

Does anyone else feel that the search site should have a warning at the top: "If you or someone you love has an ADR searching addiction, help is available". I have spent so many hours searching that my web browser even knows where I want to go when I open it by telling my most recent visited pages are all on disneyworld.com. Me searching for days/hours -> :surfweb: and then one of the reservations popup -> :cool1::rotfl2:

Maybe there should be AA meetings for us (ADRs Anonymous).

I have a reservation at 1900 Park Fare at 8:55. I'm planning on being at Hollywood Studios for the Osbourne Lights from 6-8. Does anyone know if I'll have enough time to get to this reservation?

I have a reservation at 1900 Park Fare at 8:55. I'm planning on being at Hollywood Studios for the Osbourne Lights from 6-8. Does anyone know if I'll have enough time to get to this reservation?

Do you have your own car or are you using Disney transportation? My biggest worry is how busy the crowds are leaving the park that day. I'm not sure what day you are going, but if it's a really crowded park day you may have to wait for 1 or 2 resort buses as all the crowds empty out of the park and head back to their resort. And that would make it tight to get to GF in 55 minutes. Disney typically recommends allowing 90 minutes to get to your reservation so to be safe I'd leave DHS at 7:30. I'm not a transportation expert though, that's just what I would do. Then if I get to GF early enough I'd enjoy the lobby where they have live music and are starting to put up the gingerbread house. Also I don't think the Osborne lights would take 2 full hours for viewing.

There is a transportation thread if you want some "expert" advice!

So if I can't post a trade request in here or the cancellation forum...is there a place I can post it???

Quick question I have had someone pm me about a cancellation I posted but she is only wanting to cancel via us texting.. I understand that it would be quicker to coordinate but really has anyone ever done that??

Yay!!! Another stupid Disney rule!!!
I think about it like this.. Someone contacts you to trade, you release yours but they truly never had one to trade.. you are out of luck and just lost your ressie for a great restaurant just not the ideal time.. That would horrible!!

Quick question I have had someone pm me about a cancellation I posted but she is only wanting to cancel via us texting.. I understand that it would be quicker to coordinate but really has anyone ever done that??

I personally don't like giving out personal information unless I know the person, but I could see why someone might want to do it that way.

I haven't...It would all depend on how comfortable you would be giving out your cell number. It's probably fine but it's all about your comfort level. I tend to be more cautious but others may feel more comfortable on here. Interested to hear other opinions.

I'm not comfortable giving my cell number to strangers. It's really up to you. You can coordinate a specific time you'll drop it and confirm 5 mins before that time that they are online. That's the way I've done mine.

I'm not comfortable giving my cell number to strangers. It's really up to you. You can coordinate a specific time you'll drop it and confirm 5 mins before that time that they are online. That's the way I've done mine.

Yes usually I just pm set up a time make sure that they are ready to refresh like crazy before I even try to release, thanks everyone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter