Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

Anyone have any idea what happens if you show up with one extra person to your dining reservation>[/QUOTE

From what I've read, you take a really big chance of not getting the extra person in.
I also posted a message on your profile page, about needing 10 posts for the cancellation thread. PM me when you get 10 posts

Anyone have any idea what happens if you show up with one extra person to your dining reservation>

I don't have any personal experience, but from what I've read on here they'll either see if they can accommodate the extra person and you may have to wait longer for a table or they can tell you they can't accommodate an extra person and then you'll have to decide if you want to eat there or not. I think for some of the really popular restaurants they are worried people will try to get whatever reservation they can through the system and then try to modify at the time of arrival and that's hard to accommodate when you're at full capacity.

Is anyone driving from the northeast? Looking for advice for our upcoming trip?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is our first trip and we are very excited/ nervous!!!

Last post, so sorry, but I can not figure out how to pm someone. I have the 10 posts needed... Can anyne please help???

Can't help with driving but congrats on your first trip - how fun!!! I hope you have a blast!

Anyone think its ridiculous to take an almost 3 year old that is very busy to the Candlelight Processional? I scored the 5p show but worried that it will ruin others experience LO is super busy.

Anyone think its ridiculous to take an almost 3 year old that is very busy to the Candlelight Processional? I scored the 5p show but worried that it will ruin others experience LO is super busy.

I would think that it would be ok to take kids to any event at Disney (except maybe some of the food and wine events)! It is for families and kids so people should expect 3 year olds around right??!!

I have a 4:00 dinner reservation at 1900 Park Fare and a 4:40 to 5:40 FP for Anna & Elsa. Think I can make it or is that cutting it too close?

I have a 4:00 dinner reservation at 1900 Park Fare and a 4:40 to 5:40 FP for Anna & Elsa. Think I can make it or is that cutting it too close?

Yeah you will be cutting it real close. Even if you are sat at 4, which is a possibility since that is when the restaurant opens, the dinner will take about an hour, and you wouldn't want to rush through it. Then you have to either walk upstairs and wait for the monorail or walk out to the dock and take a ferry. That is at least 20 minutes, then another 20 to go through bag check and walk to A&E. If everything goes as planned you would get there maybe with a few minutes to spare, but it sounds a little stressful to me.

I've been following the cancellation thread like a hawk and haven't seen many 1900 PF at all. Hope to see more!!!
This was one of our favorites last trip.

That will be too close. We stay at the GF and 1900 is often slow to seat by 10-15 minutes. Then you have to wait for the characters which can take over an hour with the stepsisters shenanagans, then you have to try the monorail which is packed and often on a delay where you sit 10-15 minutes or walk over to the docks and wait for a boat. Then there's getting into the MK, going through bag check and entrance scan, and then going through a crowded main street over to princess hall (you'll probably need to go over the bridge by CP that time of day near LTT). We would leave our room for a 5:30 A&E (and that's giving the fp ten extra just in case minutes) at 4-ish.

Alright, so I've scoured the web for a definitive answer on this with no luck so I'm coming to the experts. We are going to Disney for 4 nights in about a week. Anyways, the nights we are there---there is only 1 that the MCVMCP is not taking place. Anyways, this is my Mom's 1st time EVER to Disney & I really would like to take her out just me & her to Be Our Guest one evening. I don't want to attend the Christmas party (since we are only there such a short time) so that gives me only 1 day to find a reservation. So far, no luck.

However, I DID secure a reservation for 2 on a party night. The party officially starts at 7. Our reservation is for 7:10. Is there anything wrong with being 15 minutes early to the reservation (as Disney suggests upon booking) and keeping it? In other words, will they turn me away if I haven't bought party tickets? I'm not trying to cheat the system or anything, I have just read a lot of conflicting information on the matter. Any helpful info you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Alright, so I've scoured the web for a definitive answer on this with no luck so I'm coming to the experts. We are going to Disney for 4 nights in about a week. Anyways, the nights we are there---there is only 1 that the MCVMCP is not taking place. Anyways, this is my Mom's 1st time EVER to Disney & I really would like to take her out just me & her to Be Our Guest one evening. I don't want to attend the Christmas party (since we are only there such a short time) so that gives me only 1 day to find a reservation. So far, no luck.

However, I DID secure a reservation for 2 on a party night. The party officially starts at 7. Our reservation is for 7:10. Is there anything wrong with being 15 minutes early to the reservation (as Disney suggests upon booking) and keeping it? In other words, will they turn me away if I haven't bought party tickets? I'm not trying to cheat the system or anything, I have just read a lot of conflicting information on the matter. Any helpful info you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

From what I've read here on the Dis, you will be turned away since you need party tickets for any ADRs after 6:50pm on a party night. If you check your confirmation email, it will also have the disclaimer on there that your reservation requires the special party tickets. And if you look on the BOG hours (very bottom of pic attached) from WDW's website, it'll have this and notice that it has 6:30pm as latest you can get an ADR without the party ticket (I just took a pic of the first party night and I'm not sure when you're going to be there):

Attachments

• BOG hours.png
    BOG hours.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 4
From what I've read here on the Dis, you will be turned away since you need party tickets for any ADRs after 6:50pm on a party night. If you check your confirmation email, it will also have the disclaimer on there that your reservation requires the special party tickets. And if you look on the BOG hours (very bottom of pic attached) from WDW's website, it'll have this and notice that it has 6:30pm as latest you can get an ADR without the party ticket (I just took a pic of the first party night and I'm not sure when you're going to be there):

Thank you! I went ahead and cancelled because it's not worth the trouble. Some of the other posts/blogs on the info was probably outdated information.

Keep looking for your BOG. They seem to come up often. Good luck.

I agree with this! Watch the cancellation thread and check the website a lot...and keep checking even once you get to WDW. People have 24 hours to cancel with no penalty so people mat be dropping the day before. Good luck!

I would think that it would be ok to take kids to any event at Disney (except maybe some of the food and wine events)! It is for families and kids so people should expect 3 year olds around right??!!

I disagree. If a child of any age can't sit quietly through the Candlelight Processional, it isn't going to be enjoyable for those around him/her.

I disagree. If a child of any age can't sit quietly through the Candlelight Processional, it isn't going to be enjoyable for those around him/her.

the inevitable iPad in front of me is much more distracting than a kid making a bit of noise to me. it's Disney World, and unless a space is clearly adult-only, I expect kids to be around and making noise (and I'm someone who has yet to visit the park with a child).

We will be taking our two year old twins to the candlelight processional. We have yet to decide whether we are going to keep the 515 show or the 815 show. 815 they'll be asleep more than likely, but 515 they'll be getting cranky possibly. We haven't fully decided yet, but know for sure our kids will be there, and we try to keep them as quiet as possible, but they're kids and we are at disney world where kids are expected. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter