Chilly's Very Own Fairytale - Day 6 Wedding Day COMPLETED

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
December 30th 2009

Mike and I got up about 9am after a good nights sleep, which is the reason I hadn't wanted him to sleep somewhere else like the tradition says. We headed down to get some breakfast, I got some cereral but left most of it as I didn't like the milk, so I got an apple to take back to the room. I got everything ready and then my Mum and Step-Dad turned up. Mike then left with my Step-Dad just as Ana turned up to do my hair and make up. Mike was going first to the GF to check us in then over to his parents room, then my Step-Dad would take his car back to his hotel before hoping into a taxi back to the Poly. Ana got on with my hair and her assistant did my Mum, then it was on to make up. Ana kept me totally entertained the whole time so there was no time to be nervous. My Dad turned up half way through so we sent him off to look round the hotel some more. My Step-Dad and Dad came back and Ana left and I started to get dressed, then Randy the photographer came (half and hour early), and he started snapping away.

WDWWedding345.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6001.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5363.jpg

WDWWedding048.jpg

WDWWedding101.jpg

WDWWedding009.jpg

WDWWedding003.jpg

WDWWedding014.jpg

WDWWedding215.jpg

WDWWedding363.jpg

WDWWedding361.jpg

WDWWedding330.jpg

The limo was picking me up at 2pm so about 5 to we headed over to the reception. I hadn't really practised walking in my 5 inch heels that much but I had no problem walking in them and quite quickly at that, normally I walk very slowly so I must have been ready to get married. Walking through reception I got my first taste of being the centre of attention and I liked it! The limo was there so I got straight in and we set off to the GF were it was dropping me, my Mum and Dad off and then taking my Step-Dad over to the WP. It had already picked up Mike and his parents and taken them to the WP.

WDWWeddingPart5388.jpg

At the GF I had a Welcome Party, Stan and his videocamera, Randy and his camera (who had gone ahead of us), my wonderful planner Kathleen, and Stephie (from the DIS).

WDWWedding013.jpg

After a quick chat with Stephie it was off inside the GF for a few photos.

WDWWedding018.jpg

Then it was off to see my beautiful coach.

WDWWedding174.jpg

WDWWedding086.jpg

WDWWedding231.jpg

WDWWedding049.jpg

WDWWedding232.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6028.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6027-1.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6014.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5384.jpg

WDWWedding108.jpg

WDWWedding177.jpg

WDWWedding252.jpg

WDWWedding290.jpg

WDWWedding511.jpg

I arrived at the WP to another Welcome Party, this time Mandy (from the DIS).

WDWWeddingPart5356.jpg

After a quick chat it was time to head inside to marry me off.

WDWWedding021.jpg

WDWWedding336-1.jpg

I went into the Brides room, Mike was in the Grooms room.

WDWWedding239.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5431.jpg

Rev Knox came in to meet me, he seemed really nice, he'd just been in with Mike showing him what he had to do, but I later found out he only turned up just before I had and he'd gone through everything so quickly with Mike in the Grooms room, they couldn't do it in the WP or Mike may have seen me coming, that Mike didn't really know what he was supposed to do. So Rev Knox is going through with me what is going to happen, I can see he has my ceremony printed out in his book, but then he starts talking to my Dad about him giving me away, hang on what's happening that is not in my ceremony, yes my Dad is walking me down the aisle but he was NOT giving me away, I had not put that part into the ceremony so why was he putting it in. I realised I couldn't say anything without upsetting my Dad and creating an atmosphere and I didn't want that 5 minutes before I got married so I decided i'd just have to go along with it.

Rev Knox and my Mum left to go and take their places and then it was my turn.

WDWWedding476.jpg

WDWWedding473.jpg

WDWWedding389.jpg

I stood behind the closed double doors and could hear the chimes playing inside the WP, then the double doors were pulled open and I made my grand entrance, to When you Wish Upon a Star. I began to tear up a bit but when I got closer and could see Mike had tears in his eyes that made me stop for some reason and thankfully I didn't cry during the ceremony (I do not cry well and had been worried about that).

WDWWedding347.jpg

WDWWedding530.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5178.jpg

WDWWedding541.jpg

WDWWeddingPart2119.jpg

Rev Knox began the ceremony, but of course he was reading from my printed ceremony which did not have the part with my Dad giving me away in it, so my Dad ended up standing between Mike and I for ages, he was even stood between us when we said "I Do", this didn't spoil the ceremony but it was very annoying. Finally Rev Knox realised and said that bit and my Dad went to sit down.

WDWWedding499.jpg

WDWWedding512.jpg

The ceremony carried on. We had a blessing of our hands and did the Unity Candle. Overall I thought it was a beautiful ceremony and was very happy been we were pronouced Husband and Wife. We walked back down the aisle to zip-a-dee-doo-dah.

WDWWedding378.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5070.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5393.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5083.jpg

WDWWedding084.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5370.jpg

WDWWedding513.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5422.jpg

WDWWedding377.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5274.jpg

WDWWedding025-1.jpg

WDWWedding528.jpg

WDWWedding474.jpg

So we exited the WP and Rev Knox had our Mum's sign the license to make it official. This proved a comedy moment as neither had their glasses so couldn't see what they were doing.

WDWWeddingPart5288.jpg

WDWWedding537.jpg

We then went back into the WP to take some photos, stopping off at the web casting camera to "talk" to the people back home.

WDWWeddingPart5069.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5195.jpg

WDWWedding102.jpg

WDWWedding145.jpg

WDWWedding033.jpg

WDWWedding092.jpg

WDWWedding096.jpg

WDWWedding019.jpg

WDWWeddingPart5084.jpg

We then headed outside to take more photos.

WDWWeddingPart3054.jpg

WDWWeddingPart3078.jpg

WDWWeddingPart3050.jpg

WDWWedding011.jpg

WDWWedding015.jpg

WDWWedding002.jpg

WDWWedding052.jpg

WDWWedding059.jpg

WDWWedding004.jpg

WDWWedding037.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6015-1.jpg

WDWWedding068.jpg

WDWWedding189.jpg

WDWWedding343.jpg

WDWWedding360.jpg

WDWWedding358.jpg

Then it was back to my beautiful coach. The rest of our guests were being taken to the GF in the limo. As I sat down in the coach I realised my ankle was attached to my dress somehow. Mike had to under the many layers of my dress to find out what was caught. It was my ancklet which had my Grandma's eternity ring and my Great Gradma's engagement rings on. Mike mangaged to free me and pocketed the rings.

WDWWedding260.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6016-1.jpg

WDWWedding006.jpg

WDWWedding292.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6018-1.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6035.jpg

WDWWeddingPart2306.jpg

WDWWeddingPart2351.jpg

It was then onto the pre-reception.

WDWWeddingPart2305.jpg

WDWWedding482.jpg

WDWWeddingPart3029.jpg

WDWWedding333.jpg

WDWWedding418.jpg

WDWWedding408.jpg

WDWWedding375.jpg

WDWWedding419.jpg

WDWWeddingPart3034.jpg

WDWWedding493.jpg

WDWWedding535.jpg

WDWWedding412.jpg

WDWWeddingPart2407.jpg

WDWWeddingPart2527.jpg

We then left our guests to enjoy some fruit and dip and soft drinks while we went to take yet more photos.

WDWWedding188.jpg

We took some photos in the GF, by the fountain, and on the beach. By the end of it I could hardly walk in my shoes.

WDWWedding276.jpg

WDWWedding362.jpg

WDWWedding074.jpg

WDWWedding114.jpg

WDWWedding207.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6024-1.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6041-1.jpg

WDWWedding030.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6021-1.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6022.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6036-1.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6038-1.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6037-1.jpg

WDWWedding054.jpg

WDWWedding067.jpg

WDWWeddingPart6039.jpg

WDWWedding307.jpg

WDWWedding264.jpg

WDWWedding173.jpg

WDWWedding257.jpg

WDWWedding166.jpg

WDWWedding151.jpg

WDWWedding090.jpg

WDWWedding142.jpg

Then we headed over to our reception.

WDWWedding126.jpg

So we arrived at the Key West Room and the table looked lovely. Randy was supposed to have gone by now but he snapped a few more photos before leaving us to it.

WDWWedding295.jpg

WDWWedding306.jpg

The meal didn't start well though as a glass of red wine got spilt before we'd even all sat down but while Brad (our wonderful server) cleared that up I went to bustle my dress with the help of Kathleen (wedding planner) and my Mum. Once we were all seated Kathleen left us, I was very sorry to see her go, she had been wonderful from day one.

WDWWeddingDad121.jpg

So my Dad was supposed to make his speech when we cut the cake but all he said was cheers. So he decided to do it now instead which annoyed me as I'd told him he'd missed his chance. He told a story about my 13th birthday which had nothing to do with anything and went on a bit too long. Plus of course he had to mention that DH supports a different football (soccer) team to us.

We started off with some bread and then for our first course we had Chicken & Cheese Quesadilla (in the shape of Mickey heads) which Mike had been a bit unsure about but they tasted wonderful.

DSC_1134.jpg

DSC_1135.jpg

DSC_1136.jpg

Now my Dad doesn't like cheese so his came without which was no problem. Next we had ceasar salad which was plated tableside so both I and Kathleen had thought my Dad could just not have the cheese at this point but it turns out it was in the sauce so the chef whipped up a different salad for my Dad.

DSC_1138.jpg

The next course was beef and it was the best beef i've ever had, it was also huge and no one could finish it. This came with dauphinoise potatoes which i'd completely forgotten have cheese in them but the chef was one step ahead of us and gave my Dad rice instead.

DSC_1139.jpg

Next up we had some more wedding cake served with ice cream, but most people couldn't eat much, myself included. Then we finished with the cinderella slipper sorbet which if memory serves they didn't turn the lights out for so it lost some of its wow factor.

DSC_1140.jpg

DSC_1141.jpg

By the time we left we had over ran by half and hour so what would have been an hours gaps to let the food go down with a walk around the grounds for our gusts became just 30 minutes until our dessert party.

Mike and I took all our bits and wedding cake back to our room quickly before heading down to Sago Cay for the DP.

So Mike and I arrived at Sago Cay by the Marina pretty much bang on 8pm but our family wasn't there yet. Randy also turned up on time. I had a look at the food and tables and realised the tables were empty, no centrepieces! I asked the server and then our All About Mickey centrepieces appeared, he hadn't realised we wanted them on the tables, but our gel lights were no where to be seen. He said he would try to sort it out.

WDWWedding172.jpg

WDWWedding078.jpg

WDWWedding152.jpg

WDWWedding164.jpg

WDWWedding158.jpg

By now we were wondering where our family was. Mike rang his Mum and asked her where she was, to which she replied at the Marina, Mike explained that she couldn't be as that's where he was and she wasn't there, so Mike goes off in search of them and I'm left on my own on my wedding day, I must have looked like a very lonely bride. Finally they all arrive, they had been at the boat dock, I had taken my Mum to Sago Cay the other day so she'd know where it was and what it looked like, I asked her what had happened and she said someone had directed them there, she said she hadn't thought it looked right as there was no food, I didn't bother to carry on with the conversation.

WDWWedding079.jpg

WDWWedding140.jpg

WDWWedding211.jpg

Just before the fireworks started our centrepieces turned up, the woman just put them down and walked off, no explanation as to why they were so late. We got into place for the fireworks. We didn't have the music piped in and we didn't miss it. Just as they started a little kid tried to come over but luckily the Mum realised what was happening and took the kid away. You pose so much during the photos that you don't really get to see the fireworks which was a shame as I had hoped that it would be a nice private time for Mike and I. It went like this, Randy: "look at me, look at each other, kiss, look at me, look at each other, kiss".

WDWWedding187.jpg

WDWWedding191.jpg

WDWWedding220.jpg

WDWWedding221.jpg

WDWWedding077.jpg

WDWWedding087.jpg

WDWWedding088.jpg

WDWWedding143.jpg

WDWWedding146.jpg

WDWWedding167.jpg

After the fireworks we had a bit of food but everyone was still full so hardly anything got eaten.

WDWWedding159.jpg

WDWWedding163.jpg

WDWWedding184.jpg

WDWWedding176.jpg

At 9pm it was time to pack up our stuff and head back inside the Grand Floridian.

WDWWedding094.jpg

We headed into the GF where my step-dad already was as he was coming down with a cold and took some photos by the Christmas Tree.

WDWWeddingDad122.jpg

Mike and I said goodbye to everyone. Mike's brother was flying home the next day so we wouldn't see him again. My Dad was also flying home the next day but not till much later so we had plans to meet him at the Poly the next morning to spend time with him before he left. We went up to our room and some people standing outside their own room shouted to Mike to carry me over the threshold which he did and we got a cheer. Our room at the GF was wonderful, the only downside was no balcony or fireworks view and I'd hoped we could watch the fireworks from our room at midnight.

WDWWeddingDad125.jpg

WDWWeddingDad126.jpg

WDWWeddingDad127.jpg

WDWWeddingDad128.jpg

WDWWeddingDad129.jpg

WDWWeddingDad133.jpg

WDWWeddingDad136.jpg

WDWWeddingDad150.jpg

Internal and external view (taken next morning).

WDWWeddingDad140.jpg

WDWWeddingDad144.jpg

WDWWeddingDad145.jpg

WDWWeddingDad146.jpg

Mike then had the fun job of taking all the pins out of my hair. In the end I was too tired to get changed and go down to watch the midnight fireworks so we called it a night. It was the best day of my life and i'd do it again tomorrow if I could.

Wow how many parts!! woop woop i'm excited!! lmao at your Garter x

ETA! BTW you look LUSH!

Lovely Claire - where's the picture of someone with their foot up your back lacing you in though :lmao:

Looking forward to the rest - I'm guessing there are quite a few pictures still to come ;)

Wow !! stunning pics mate and yes the shoes are lush...even though i know what you prefer to wear under the dress :lmao::lmao:

Claire you looked absolutely fabulous (excuse the pun). Your dress and bouquet were lovely. Am sooooo looking forward to the next installments.

Tina

Your dress is amazing you looked beautiful. Your pics of the WP bring back so many wonderful memories for me, I would love to do it all again oh and still marry the same guy of course :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter