Chilly's Happy Ever After Day 10

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
Wednesday 18th November

Up bright and early today for a pre-park opening ADR at Crystal Palace. I was really hoping for some lovely Castle shots with an empty Main Street but fate had other ideas and ruined my plan. Instead of posing for photos we were in first aid as Freya got sun tan lotion in her eye. She was of course not a happy bunny and cried for ages. Luckily it worked its way out and Pooh and friends cheered her up. A lovely lady on the table next to us took some photos of Freya from the opposite angle to me and then e-mailed them to me.

After breakfast Freya requested to go on the Astro Blaster so Mike took her on that then we all went on CoP followed by Buzz. We danced along to the mini parade next before heading into Adventureland to walk up the treehouse then we got a dole whip.

We went of the speedway next which we'd never done before, it was fun. We went separately so that Freya could have 2 rides, she's a terrible driver. A visit to Ariel was next and then we grabbed a spot for the parade. We were a bit late for a prime spot but got one just over the bridge into Liberty Square. We had an ADR for BOG lunch but i cancelled it so we could see the parade again as Freya had really liked it and we weren't sure we'd be hungry (we weren't). One of Sleeping Beauties fairy god mothers (i can never remember which is which) broke down right in front of us and could then only go backwards which was funny. I booked a FP for the teacups so we headed that way after the parade but when we got there found that Freya had fell asleep in her pushchair so we turned around and went for a look in the shops then headed into the lobby of Tony's to have a sit down in the cool. I'd booked an ADR when i cancelled the BOG lunch ADR. I had the Chicken Parm, Mike and Freya both had pizza. After dinner we rode Haunted Mansion then got a spot for the evening parade.

We got a good spot for the parade by the steamboat where we could sit on a wall to wait. We ended up having a really long wait as the parade started late for some reason. I'd gotten some glow sticks for Freya in the Poundshop to keep her amused but there were no connectors in them so couldn't make them into bracelets or necklaces. I had loads so gave some to some children next to us but the little boy broke one and his hands went neon green, whoops. As suspected Freya loved the parade. We decided to leave when it finished which pained me as i wanted to watch Wishes which we hadn't seen this holiday but Freya was looking tired and weren't sure if she'd be ok with the fireworks although i had remembered the ear defenders today. We hurried to the exit and down to the ferry, hoping we might be able to view them from the ferry but no such luck. The monorail was down due to a crash earlier in the day so everyone was waiting for the ferry and the queue was huge. I managed to watch a lot of the fireworks but it wasn't the same. It was probably good we left early though as god knows how long the wait would have been after the fireworks.

Steps today 18500

Last edited:
Love your photos Claire, especially the one in the car with Freya's little head just showing.

Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter