Children under 5 Covid vaccination

My family is going on the Wish in October. My two year old granddaughter just had covid and is not vaccinated. Can she do a 90 day recovery letter and also include her positive test and not have to be tested before the the cruise or at the port? Any information would be very helpful.
What sarah said but just add the Covid test needs to have their birthday on it.

Also, requirements are changing week by week, so who knows if it will be required by October.

My Alaska sailing is coming up in 23 (I think) days, and I thought I would share my experience this week in case it helps anyone.

- My daughter is four, and at the time of sailing, she will have had 2 of the 3 shots in her vaccine regimen (Pfizer).
- According to Inspire, she will be considered "not fully vaccinated" since she will not have had the third shot.
- Yes, that third shot is called the "booster" in some places where available, but it's technically not. It's required to be fully vaxxed.
- As such she WILL be required to do a PCR test prior to sailing. I believe it's done 72 hours out, then she will be retested at the Port at Disney's expense.

I did ask "well the vaccine wasn't FDA approved until June 18. We couldn't even start her on it until several days later. What if we convince a doctor to let her get the last sot 2 days early?"

Inspire said that wouldn't matter, because DCL really wants "fully vaccinated" to have been done 2 weeks or more prior to sailing.

So it is what it is, but I wanted to pass this along just in case anyone finds themselves in the same scenario.

As for my wife and I, we both very recently had COVID and I just picked up my 90 day letter this morning along with my printed test result. For Inspire's purposes, I've seen a lot of scuttlebutt on Facebook about letters being rejected. Inspire said as long as it contains three critical statements, it'll be fine. 1. (You) has recovered from COVID. 2. You are no longer showing symptoms. 3. You are cleared to travel.

I hope this is useful for someone, as I totally expect all of this is posted and scattered elsewhere in this thread.
We just had our 90 day recovery letters approved for my wife, 4 year old son (vaccines for under 5’s not approved in Scotland yet so unvaccinated) and I. The letters were incredibly simple and just included what you said above. Had covid, date of test, now recovered and fit to travel. Along with doctors details obviously and our own names and DOB.

Update to my earlier post:

Boys Covid tests were not approved (submitted Sunday 8/21, still pending 8/29) so I called inspire. They were very apologetic, created a ticket number, and I had an approval within 20 minutes. Was able to order rapid tests for both my 3 year olds no problem once they were approved.
Sent in all our vaccine cards Sunday, everyone but my 3yo twin sons was approved Tuesday. Called Safe Passage this morning, was told under 5 cards were being reviewed by a separate department and were taking an average of four days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter