Child age 2 on dining plan?

deedeew80

Dreaming of My Prince
Hi everyone! We have a trip coming up in May. We are thinking about purchasing the dining plan. However, my DD is 2 & according to what I have read about the dining plan she won't actually be on the dining plan. It says that we could just pay for her meal or she can eat off our plate. Am I able to purchase the dining plan for her anyway? She would definitely eat a plate to herself! LOL! TIA!

I've been looking into this too as we're in the same situation. My 2year old will probably polish off a kids meal, while my 4 year old will take a few bites. From what I read you can't purchase a dining plan for under 3. So we are going to pay for a kids meal OOP the first couple days for our 2year old. If the prediction is correct we'll stop and the boys will split one.

Hi everyone! We have a trip coming up in May. We are thinking about purchasing the dining plan. However, my DD is 2 & according to what I have read about the dining plan she won't actually be on the dining plan. It says that we could just pay for her meal or she can eat off our plate. Am I able to purchase the dining plan for her anyway? She would definitely eat a plate to herself! LOL! TIA!

I believe in order to do that you would have to register her as 3 years old and therefore needing to buy her park tickets. Also, it may affect your accomodations if you are 4 in a room plus one under 3. It is much easier to just buy her her own plate oop.

I believe in order to do that you would have to register her as 3 years old and therefore needing to buy her park tickets. Also, it may affect your accomodations if you are 4 in a room plus one under 3. It is much easier to just buy her her own plate oop.

This is correct ^^^. You would have to mark her up to a 3 year old, purchasing her tickets to match yours and purchase the DDP for her as well.

Much less costly to purchase her an individual meal of her own instead.

We have a 2-year-old and are on the dining plan. We chose buffets and family style meals for our 1 table service a day, because I read that she can have her own plate there. We are going to either share meals (things like pizza, the rotisserie chicken at Cosmic Ray's) or buy her a kids' meal OOP. Truthfully, I could make an entire meal out of my 3 kids' leftovers, so it may not work for you, but looking over the menus, I found a few places were I could easily make 4 meals out of 1 adult meal and 2 kids' meals, including the side and dessert.

mommymanda said:
I've been looking into this too as we're in the same situation. My 2year old will probably polish off a kids meal, while my 4 year old will take a few bites. From what I read you can't purchase a dining plan for under 3. So we are going to pay for a kids meal OOP the first couple days for our 2year old. If the prediction is correct we'll stop and the boys will split one.

Pay OOP at the end of your trip, using your meals at the beginning if need be.

We made that mistake our last trip, paying OOP at the beginning and ended up leaving meals on the plan when we checked out.

Thanks everyone!!! Looks like the best way to go is just to pay for her meals OOP!

If you eat TS at buffets it's no big deal because you can just get a plate/extra plate for them. When we were there a few weeks ago, we ate at CRT and Akershus and DS2 was given meals at no charge.
For CS meals, we just worked around and split what we could or bought a little extra. There were 2 occasions where we had to order an extra kids meal but most of the time we had enough for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!