Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Best part of the game was Tommy's catch in the stands. It was Javy-like.

Everybody who wanted it gets their wish, Chatwood's wife is in labor, so Monty pitching. Personally, I was hoping Monty would be in the Dodger series.

Hopeful Broom Repellent lineup
(
also officially worried about KB)

LETS GOOOOOOO!

DgdoX4NWkAEYMCw.jpg:large

a little update on the Willy/Gibson issue yesterday (per Jesse Rogers)

Full quote from Contreras: “It all happened because I asked for timeout and apparently I didn’t thank him...I never argued a single ball or a strike. I kept my mouth shut. I wasn’t arguing with him about anything else...He said something to me that I didn’t think he needed to say. I’m here because I earned my spot here. I just didn’t appreciate what he said..It was something that I felt was directed at me personally. I'm not going to repeat what he said because I'm being professional. He knows what he said to me.”

If this is true and Gibson voiced a personal attack on Willy...it honestly needs to be addressed. I know Willy is less than liked by the Umps but that does not allow them to cross the professional line. The imbalance of power is getting out of hand IMHO

and per my KB concern's.....

Bryant sits 2nd straight day with sore shoulder

By Alyson Footer MLB.com @alysonfooter
10:45 AM EDT

Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant was out of the lineup for a second straight day against the Reds on Sunday as he deals with soreness in his left shoulder. The club called it general wear and tear and that he made need tomorrow off, too.

There was no talk of a DL stint at this point.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0802564482168527254-4

AND

Jesse Rogers‏Verified account @ESPNChiCubs
Now Lester may not start tomorrow since he threw 119 last time and Cubs wanted an extra day for him. Espn 1000 in a minute

SO I guess 3 empty boxes
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers/index.jsp?c_id=chc

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

OK, so I was with my MIL at the rehab facility she is in and wasn't able to put the radio on until late. AAJ hits his home run as soon as I turn it on, I hear 6-1 and I'm all ALLRIGHT! Lets go, Boys! Then my bad juju apparently took over and they collapsed. I stopped listening for the good of the team and tuned into the Brewer game to transfer my bad juju and STL jumped way ahead and even Shmexy Dexty hit a 2b! Guess you have to be wearing a red uniform to have a good baseball day today in the NL.
On the up side the Red's didn't break JHey, Willy found his way a bit and Rizzo wasn't 0-20. Pedro has been fantastic, I'm not mad about him, it's going to happen.Monty with another great game (still wish we had him in L.A. tho, now we have Underwood Jr.:confused3)
http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/32830/duane-underwood-jr

lol, Underwood is 3 weeks older than my DS :rotfl:

I remember that crazy good feeling when as a last place team, having am amazing series back in 11/12...this was basically a WS for the Red's , I'm glad the faithful fan's get to enjoy it. That said, not against us anymore. Requesting a different outcome in Wrigley, please and thank you

eta: I was optimistically hopeful that the Dodger game would go about 18 innings but Turner just hit a walk off homer in the 11th:rolleyes:

Last edited:
OK...I couldn't sleep last night so decided to go ahead and watch the game (DVR) We all know I am a big fan of Willy...but I have said before his framing has GOT to improve. Then in 7th I see signs being stolen with Votto up to bat against Strop. Willy got rattled this series and again the veteran presence of Miggy and Rossy shows up big. Suarez also left in the 6th or 7th I think... lemme guess, we deliver an injury to the guy on the last day of our series ..and I sure hope it's nothing that allows him to miss the Brewer series. People forget he was out with his thumb injury the first 2 months, he is for sure, a game changer. On the up side, we HAD been ahead in the games, just blew it . No closer, no CEJ, Cishek getting overused, don't even have Alzolay now. I am waiting for the KB DL , prob bringing Bote up. A series that gives up multiple GS, make pitcher's look like Home Run Derby guys and comical run down skills..well, didn't help me sleep at ALL, lol. Also, I know AAJ was doing his best, but that turn around 3rd to home? Could have landed a Zeppelin in that gap..maybe wanna tighten that up a bit?
Rotten timing of our injuries, cold bats and sloppy play rarely gets you a W, lol. Darvish needs to put his big boy pants on and now Lester flags..time for Theo to get another arm or 2 but who goes?

Yeah, I spoke too soon. Probably what jinxed them. Sorry. Won't do that again.

When Albert was thrown out a home plate, I thought well, either he gets thrown out here or left on base since Rizzo was up next. He really hustled, too.
after I watched it, AAJ DID hustle but that cut around 3rd...that HAS to be tightened up..I was like, is he heading for the dugout?

after I watched it, AAJ DID hustle but that cut around 3rd...that HAS to be tightened up..I was like, is he heading for the dugout?
Like I already said, it was either try for home or languish on 2nd with Rizzo flying out with two outs already. Which is exactly what Rizzo when he led off the next inning. I just don't think Albert was planning on heading home, but Butterfield motioned him on. I'm kind of tired of Rizzo flying out, ground out to 2nd baseman/first baseman. It's becoming predictable. You can't clean up an inning with batting like that.

Tonight's game starts just after 10PM for us. I may go to bed early and watch the end when I can't sleep around midnight or so.

Like I already said, it was either try for home or languish on 2nd with Rizzo flying out with two outs already. Which is exactly what Rizzo when he led off the next inning. I just don't think Albert was planning on heading home, but Butterfield motioned him on. I'm kind of tired of Rizzo flying out, ground out to 2nd baseman/first baseman. It's becoming predictable. You can't clean up an inning with batting like that.

Tonight's game starts just after 10PM for us. I may go to bed early and watch the end when I can't sleep around midnight or so.
oh I agree with your post, I was just , well, shocked actually at that turn.

Tonight's lineup for Underwood's MLB Debut! The kid is really facing a challenge against the Dodger's but worse yet ~pitching with that infernal sound system thumping :headache::headache::headache::headache::headache: 4 nights of it is going to be insanity.

Also, the Chatwood's welcomed their son~
Tyler Chatwood and his wife Veronica on birth Sunday night of Owen Cruze Chatwood

Darvish pitching in South Bend tonight, all eyes are on him, but he sounds relaxed...Class act Darvish bought Ruth’s Chris steak and lobster spread for both his South Bend teammates and West Michigan

LETS GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!
Dgkco0qXUAAHEHt.jpg

Also, not sure if this helps take any of the sting out of the Reds series, but TB is CRUSHING the Nat's right now...also hitting a grand slam. Baseball is gonna baseball.

I've been watching Groundhog Day, right? Not the Cubs?

Is it me or was tonight's game kinda typical for a Dodger game and just FEELS worse after getting swept by the Red's? (who ALMOST beat the Braves tonight)

Underwood did his job...and honestly showed a lot of composure getting out of that 1st inning unscathed. I know Giminez is the Darvish crutch but..maybe give Victor a chance again, unless he is the trade bait (which he probably is) That pop up bunt/double play was brutal.

Well, I am really missing the team that had fun...I'm good with cleaning out the players that don't fit the bill, lol

Last edited:
ok..so my DS girlfriend's dad is a Brewer fan. He told DS that even HE is sick of Brewer fans obsessing about the Cubs. Said if the Brew Crew win the World Series the fans will race over to Reddit, Twitter, Insta..and post about how the Cubs suck, not how the Brewers were good. He said last he looked there were 4 or 5 Cub threads on the BREWER Reddit page :rotfl:Wow....I feel bad for him. He wants to enjoy his teams success and the fans are overshadowing it by being more interested in the Cubs.. I know the Cub/Cards rivalry is heated but it is generally sincere, as in rooting for your own team to crush the other, and also wanting the Cards to lose, but that is a different feel/level. He also said he figures all the posts about the Cubs getting swept are going to be bad karma . Most people I talk with don't really care about the Brewers even if they do go all the way..view it as Cubs lost, Brewers didn't win kind thing. Maybe that's what's irking them? They want a rivalry of Cub/Card proportion? Got quite a few more years of play off level baseball to play to get to that level, IMHO.
Well...hopefully Lester can work his magic again and the bats find their way. KB will be out again...I imagine the DL announcement isn't too far off now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter