• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Hey FIN, odd question for you...is your jersey a man or woman's? I've been thinking about getting one and not sure I like the more fitted women's style. Just getting some opinions...

Hey FIN, odd question for you...is your jersey a man or woman's? I've been thinking about getting one and not sure I like the more fitted women's style. Just getting some opinions...
You should get emails from MLBShop.com. They have had 20-25% off on everything recently which brings jerseys down to around $85.

Same little kid. Same.

That was me last night...the hubs surprised me with not one but TWO games for my birthday. And a tour of Wrigley with pictures taken in front of the ivy. Be still my heart.

Win or lose, proud to be part of Cubs nation.

This is a dream of mine. One day I will make it to Wrigley I've been a Cubs fan for almost 30 years. I started pulling for them when I was 7, not a popular choice around here as the Braves are the "hometown" team. I have got to see the cubs play a few times in Atlanta but I want to see them at Wrigley. I am terrified to fly, so when I can find someone willing to ride with me from South Carolina to Chicago game on.

It's the guys cut by Majestic..the cool base thinner material style. While I generally like fitted I always have another tshirt or even layers under the jersey. I love that I can fit it over my Cubbie Champion Fleece if I have to. Wrigley usually requires lots of layers :rolleyes1I am also kinda tall at 5'9" and I like stuff to hit at hip level or longer, the fitted ones felt too short to me. It was a gift from my brother and SIL last year and I am pretty sure he got it at ProJersey. I have the heavier style too(those are almost double the $ tho) but I wear the thinner way more. Gotta get my World Series patch on it. My brother gave the authentic one the same ones worn during the WS, (not the one's on the jerserys after) they are a little darker blue, exact one worn by both teams. That was a hard find. Yeah, Robin is right on the savings or you can keep an eye out for Kohls with a 30% and if you have Kohl's cash at the time even better. My SIL has one inthe women's cut but she is short, like 5'2 and it hits at hip level on her. If you are after a player that isn't an "on the rack" guy, factor in the cost of the lettering. I loved the one I saw on tv last night that said "CHAMPS 16" :thumbsup2 I am going to have to get another soon as I am not risking wear and tear on my Miggy signature much longer. Same with my hat signed by CJ, but that hat have been thru every game almost and now without the bullpen along 3rd, that player interaction disappeared.:sad:
Anyway, look for Kohl's savings or like Robin said MLB. Since it is Majestic brand and not Nike Kohls usually includes them in the coupon discount. Now GO GET THAT JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another thing, if you are petite, try on an XL in boys vs a S in Men's , they are usually a little less $

Last edited:

By the way, even if Zobrist hits a homerun tomorrow, my opinion won't change. He needs to be pulled from the lineup and given some time off. He's killing us right now.

In a sense I agree, but in another I don't...
Yes, he's killing us RIGHT NOW

BUT

Everyone goes through slumps and he could break out of it tomorrow or the next day and if you pull him from the lineup, that doesn't happen.

Also, Madden is a very good coach...he knows what he's doing. Case in point...JHey.

In a sense I agree, but in another I don't...
Yes, he's killing us RIGHT NOW

BUT

Everyone goes through slumps and he could break out of it tomorrow or the next day and if you pull him from the lineup, that doesn't happen.

Also, Madden is a very good coach...he knows what he's doing. Case in point...JHey.

Well it wasn't really Maddon that fixed JHey. JHey failed all of last season and Maddon let him play through it and nothing ever came of it. I hope that's not his same approach with Zoby this year. I think Zoby needs a break, we've got other guys who are extremely capable and I'd like to see Happ get called up and get some time as well.

This is a dream of mine. One day I will make it to Wrigley I've been a Cubs fan for almost 30 years. I started pulling for them when I was 7, not a popular choice around here as the Braves are the "hometown" team. I have got to see the cubs play a few times in Atlanta but I want to see them at Wrigley. I am terrified to fly, so when I can find someone willing to ride with me from South Carolina to Chicago game on.

Beth, I'm in Atlanta so the braves are deFINitely (just for you finfan) the hometown team. I've been a cubs fan since I was 9 and whenever the Cubbies were here, I'd go and wear my cubs hat and my braves jersey or vice versa. I've been a Cubbies fan longer, so I guess I shouldn't have mixed, but I like both teams so it was a blast just to get to see them play and not be upset who won or lost. Kinda like eating cake AND ice cream! I've been to Wrigley twice and although it's a long drive from Atlanta, we'll have to see if something shakes out this summer. I'm not afraid of flying, but maybe help out a fellow fan...no promises, but possible.

Well it wasn't really Maddon that fixed JHey. JHey failed all of last season and Maddon let him play through it and nothing ever came of it. I hope that's not his same approach with Zoby this year. I think Zoby needs a break, we've got other guys who are extremely capable and I'd like to see Happ get called up and get some time as well.

I'm not saying it was BECAUSE of Madden he got out of his slump, but it WAS Madden not giving up on him. Zobrist has played for Madden most (if not all) of his career in TB and with the Cubbies. I'm sure they're working though it and trust Z will be back to his normal self soon.

You should get emails from MLBShop.com. They have had 20-25% off on everything recently which brings jerseys down to around $85.

Good to know. Definitely check that out! Thanks!

It's the guys cut by Majestic..the cool base thinner material style. While I generally like fitted I always have another tshirt or even layers under the jersey. I love that I can fit it over my Cubbie Champion Fleece if I have to. Wrigley usually requires lots of layers :rolleyes1I am also kinda tall at 5'9" and I like stuff to hit at hip level or longer, the fitted ones felt too short to me. It was a gift from my brother and SIL last year and I am pretty sure he got it at ProJersey. I have the heavier style too(those are almost double the $ tho) but I wear the thinner way more. Gotta get my World Series patch on it. My brother gave the authentic one the same ones worn during the WS, (not the one's on the jerserys after) they are a little darker blue, exact one worn by both teams. That was a hard find. Yeah, Robin is right on the savings or you can keep an eye out for Kohls with a 30% and if you have Kohl's cash at the time even better. My SIL has one inthe women's cut but she is short, like 5'2 and it hits at hip level on her. If you are after a player that isn't an "on the rack" guy, factor in the cost of the lettering. I loved the one I saw on tv last night that said "CHAMPS 16" :thumbsup2

I'm 5'8' and not petite so this is very helpful. I'm considering getting - look away Paco! - Zobrist's name (various reasons) but I LOVE the Champs 16 idea.

Appreciate the help from both of you!

I'm considering getting - look away Paco! - Zobrist's name (various reasons) but I LOVE the Champs 16 idea.
I bought a t-shirt with the WS Champs logo on the sleeve with Maddon's name & number on the back. If Theo had a number, I'd wear his! I have a practice-worn jersey from the 90's.

Good to know. Definitely check that out! Thanks!

I'm 5'8' and not petite so this is very helpful. I'm considering getting - look away Paco! - Zobrist's name (various reasons) but I LOVE the Champs 16 idea.

Appreciate the help from both of you!

Ha. It might not seem like it but I like the guy. He just needs a break.

It's weird how Maddon gave him tons of days off last year when he was playing well but seems to be playing him everyday now when he can't do jack. Don't get that Joe.

That's because it's a bogus link. I guess a failed attempt at humor. :sad:

I got it!! After I clicked on the link...:laughing:

Beth, I'm in Atlanta so the braves are deFINitely (just for you finfan) the hometown team. I've been a cubs fan since I was 9 and whenever the Cubbies were here, I'd go and wear my cubs hat and my braves jersey or vice versa. I've been a Cubbies fan longer, so I guess I shouldn't have mixed, but I like both teams so it was a blast just to get to see them play and not be upset who won or lost. Kinda like eating cake AND ice cream! I've been to Wrigley twice and although it's a long drive from Atlanta, we'll have to see if something shakes out this summer. I'm not afraid of flying, but maybe help out a fellow fan...no promises, but possible.

Hey neighbors! :wave: I'm over here in Alabama. Saw the Cubs last year in ATL. Felt like a "home" game! I was born in Chicago but grew up in FL. Don't remember ever not being a Cubs fan. Mom grew up going to Sox games...she doesn't know when/why she switched loyalty to the Cubs. Whatever reason I'm glad she did. :cool1:

Ha. It might not seem like it but I like the guy. He just needs a break.

It's weird how Maddon gave him tons of days off last year when he was playing well but seems to be playing him everyday now when he can't do jack. Don't get that Joe.

You want the team to to do their best. No shame in that.

Glad I didn't offend! ;)

That's because it's a bogus link. I guess a failed attempt at humor. :sad:
I was looking/hoping for a creative mad rush video lol...I failed at instant recognition, not you.
JHey and Zobie get the off day..SZCZUR in (tho I like him at Cinci so maybe Joe giving him a little warm up) But probably play time, give teams another look- see before we lose him...
C9yC_ACUMAABAUY.jpg

I bought a t-shirt with the WS Champs logo on the sleeve with Maddon's name & number on the back. If Theo had a number, I'd wear his! I have a practice-worn jersey from the 90's.

Robin you need to customize one!

images
1-t6854926-340.jpg

Or THIS:
http://gamedaysportsmemorabilia.com...6-ws-champs/?gclid=CLvTi9fqsNMCFdG3wAodvxQH4w
EPSJRY100__37819.1489413976.600.600.jpg
O OR THIS
580458151a3acc3403b6565ea071a103.jpg

theo%2Bepstein%2Bcubs%2Bshirt%2Btheology.jpg

Last edited:
Oh ... I like the last one!

Edited: I also like the jersey with the number "16". He passed me on the concourse on opening day ... moving so fast through the crowd I didn't even get a chance to say "Hey Theo!". Tom Ricketts came up to the upper deck on Wednesday and stopped for photos right below me. I'm not a huge fan and am torn on my feelings about the Ricketts.

Oh ... I like the last one!

Edited: I also like the jersey with the number "16". He passed me on the concourse on opening day ... moving so fast through the crowd I didn't even get a chance to say "Hey Theo!". Tom Ricketts came up to the upper deck on Wednesday and stopped for photos right below me. I'm not a huge fan and am torn on my feelings about the Ricketts.
I'm good with Tom mostly because I believe he REALLY believes in the fans and enjoys being with them.
Skies looking extra wicked south of me right now~ Going to be a juggling act getting the game in

Listening to game at work and it's looking ugly very early....3-0 in top of 2nd. Here's hoping they come back. Come on Cubbies, FINFAN is there...give her a W.

Heck, give us ALL a W.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter