Chernobyl

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
Just watching a documentary on Chernobyl...

Man, that is bitter. Those poor people! The Soviets couldn't admit admit guilt, even though over 80% of the reactors in Ukraine had experienced emergency shut-downs in the months leading up to the explosion in Reactor Core 4. It wasn't fit for purpose. So many people died. Many people died in the explosion, many more of radiation sickness - they shouldn't have been there. Even robots fried in the radiation.

I could cry :(

It is such a good mini series. We watched it and were riveted. Very well executed.

Going to give the HBO one a look. I did watch the Netflix series on 3 Mile Island. It was a good one. I learned a lot. Also talked about the years post incident and the effects to even now.

Also wild to think about how the Russian soldiers were digging trenches inside the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone!

Many of the Russian soldiers were getting sick from digging with the radiation, yet the Russian military held onto the Chernobyl plan for many days, then left.

Also wild to think about how the Russian soldiers were digging trenches inside the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone!

Many of the Russian soldiers were getting sick from digging with the radiation, yet the Russian military held onto the Chernobyl plan for many days, then left.
Yes, that was incredibly stupid. I can't believe anyone thought that was a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter