Chernobyl

Drasticq

Mouseketeer
Just watched a true-to-life documentary on the Chernobyl disaster. My God. How awful! And when the Soviets decided to send in "bio-robots" - aka. men as young as 18 - well, I find that unforgivable.

I don't know if I'll handle the TV series.

Just watched a true-to-life documentary on the Chernobyl disaster. My God. How awful! And when the Soviets decided to send in "bio-robots" - aka. men as young as 18 - well, I find that unforgivable.

It was a horrible disaster.

The showtime series on Chernobyl was really, really good. It is astonishing how bad that disaster really was and how it was covered up.

It's very easy to play Monday morning quarterback. I think if the situation had happened in the states, the only difference would have been that we would (maybe) have asked for volunteers rather than conscripting the labor. They were under a massive time crunch, and were trying to avert a much larger disaster.

The HBO series is really well done. It doesn't sugarcoat any of the bad, but celebrates the bravery and the good.

Just watching the mini-series now. I've had to take it in bits, it's so powerful. What the men in the line of duty did was remarkable. May it never happen again.

@Drasticq you may want to look up what the "Fukushima 50" accomplished too, though well over 50 people their story is pretty amazing.

Fantastic mini series, so well done. I just wish my FIL was still alive. He was a nuclear engineer and designed many of our reactors in the US. I would’ve loved to have his input on Chernobyl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter