Chef Mickey's or Liberty Tree Tavern?

buffalogirl

<font color=deeppink>Ohh do I get to be first?<br>
Going in early Dec. with DH, DS 10 and DD 7. Have it narrowed down to these two character meals ... which do you prefer? :confused3

My kids are about the same age as yours and we've done both character meals. Actually, we prefer Chef Mickey's character breakfast. It's a little hectic, but the kids always have a great time. The breakfast buffet has a good variety of food and everyone seems a little happier in the morning and not so tired as you might be in the evening. We like Liberty Tree, but we like it more at lunchtime. I would suggest CMs for breakfast and LTT for lunch.

We have done Chef Mickey's several times for both breakfast and dinner, and we did LTT for dinner last month. We didn't care much for the food at LTT but the atmosphere was nice. We have always had a great time at CM and the food is usually good. We prefer breakfast at CM as well. We will go back to CM again but I don't think that we will go to LTT again.

Have a great trip!!

I think we are the only people who don't like Chef Mickeys. It was loud, the character interaction wasn't as good because other kids kept getting out of their seats to pull the characters to them. :confused3 :confused3 We are going to give LTT a try next summer. I don't know if you are interested in a breakfast, but we thought the meal at Ohana was spectacular!

My family felt that CM was a little too busy for us. We loved LTT. We actually went on Christmas Eve & had wonderful interaction with the characters. We enjoyed Cape May at the BC for their character breakfast too.

We, I should say my wife and I would pick LTT hands down. DS loves CM because it is obnoxious :)

I think the food at CM (we went for breakfast) is standard buffet fare, whereas the dinner at LTT is far better I think.

Of course, we will be returning to do both this November...one for us, and one for him.

I thought LTT was ok, but the food wasn't really all that good. I probably won't go back. I'm going to try Chef Mickey's next trip.

I like LTT for a couple of reasons. It's relatively calm. It's family-style service (no running up and down to get food for the kids.) It's also a bit more "home cooking" than most places at WDW, and after a week of deep-fried-cheese-covered-whatever with a side of fries, it's nice to know that the kids only have things that are *relatively* healthy to choose from (modulo mac-n-cheese).

OK, My opinion as I did both in February:

Chef Mickey's for the food--there is a huge selection and they can eat from the adults buffet, which worked out great for my kids...

LTT for the character interaction. We had SO much fun, even thought we didn't enjoy the food.

My vote is for LTT. Good food and service there.

Tried CM's for dinner a few years ago, since we liked it there for breakfast. Worst meal I have ever had on property. The food was gross :crazy2: and the service was the absolute worst. :mad: :furious: Won't go back there for dinner again. Breakfast maybe, but not dinner.

MissMichelle said:
OK, My opinion as I did both in February:

Chef Mickey's for the food--there is a huge selection and they can eat from the adults buffet, which worked out great for my kids...

LTT for the character interaction. We had SO much fun, even thought we didn't enjoy the food.

Ditto. Chef Mickey's was fun for the kids, loud for the adults, with lots of food to choose from.
Liberty Tree was smaller and more intimate and the characters came by and intereacted with my kids very personally. Even getting them up to dance. We were celebrating a bday there. That might make a difference. :confused3 The food just wasn't that great, and the kids didn't find as much to eat there. :rolleyes:

Chef Mickey's is fun for Breakfast but there is better buffets for food at other restaurants. We love LTT for Dinner. There is a different menu for lunch. Dinner is family style and they will bring you as much as you want of what ever you want more of. The characters are really good and coming to the tables more than once. We have ate there many times. No complaints. It is a Colonial Era atmosphere.

Thought the food & char. interaction is consistently great @ Chef Mickeys...great way for the kiddos to get their charactar fix.

CM is great for a character breakfast. We made early ressies which worked out perfect. The characters spent so much time with us and the food was fresh and in abundance. :goodvibes

We love LTT, Chef Mickeys is ok. Must better character interaction at LTT. Plus Minnie is the hostess.

Chef Mickey for sure!!! LTT is really average food. Tastes like any Stouffers meal you could buy at the grocery. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter