Checked-in Now what?

iuki

DIS Veteran
This is our first stay at FW Campground. I have already checked-in online and our stay starts tomorrow. What happens when we arrive? Is there a separate line? How much time is saved when checking in online? What is the difference between checking in online or not checking in online?

Since no one can check in until 3 pm, I assume the lines would be quite long.

Thanks for any info you can offer.

Once you arrive at the Fort, you pull up to the security gate, they will check your ID and that you have a reservation. They will then direct you to pull forward to one of the lines ahead. There a cast member will give you your welcome packet and a map with your site. With online check in your site is set, and no one can request it if they arrive before you. They will also text you when your site is ready. Check in time is officially 3 pm, but you can arrive any time after 605am. Your site may not be ready, then you would be hanging out in the overflow lot. We arrive early, and usually head to a park until our campsite is ready.

Iuki,

Like Chris said, depending on when you arrive, you may have already received your text that your site is ready. If so, you can head straight to your site. If it isn't ready, you can go into the check-in building, next to the drive through lanes with the CM booths, and see if there is a different site that is already ready. Or you can park in the overflow lot and wait for your text. I've never arrived early enough to get sent to the overflow. I'm planning on getting in mid-morning in September, so I may try to negotiate for a loop I want and may end up in the overflow. If so, I'm heading to the parks until I get the text.

j

Thanks to all of you.

Tramp’s Lady - Looks like it’ll be raining all week.

got our site number at 930 am....arrived around 1130am
site 1615 nice site. we fit with the car in front. easy to get into with a 32 ft motor home
raining, Yuck! but rain here or rain at home.....easy rain here
enjoy!

We arrived about 2:50 and didn’t get into our preferred site #201 until 3:30 pm. We went to Epcot today and saw the clouds coming. By the time we left there and went shopping at both trading posts, we got back to our site just in time. The thunderstorm poured buckets of rain. Lightening hit near us and shortly after the fire trucks and ambulance showed up where the lightening hit. Hope no one got struck by the lightening.

oh my, we were here at the campground when the storm hit. hope everything is OK up front and nobody was hurt. we just watched two turkeys drying themselves off after the rain. ah, life at the Fort.

Sounds great to be at the Fort even with the rain.

Iuki, I stayed in site 201 for one night on a trip before I moved to 100. That's the site right on the corner of the Comfort Station with no tent pad behind it (maybe 5 feet worth?) IIRC. On that trip I had my popup and a tent so I needed a tent pad on my site which is why I later moved. If it weren't for the tent need, I would have been happing staying on 201.

Enjoy your stay.

Bama Ed

Bama_Ed

We really like Site 201. It’s near the Trading Post, restaurants, the beach for viewing fireworks, in-Park bus stop, and the ferries.
My DH likes the comfort station right behind us. I would choose this site again.

iuki (aka Judy)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter