Check your room charges! We were overcharged by $300+ !!

DisneyRobin

Mouseketeer
The last time we stayed at the Contemporary Resort, Disney added charges to our room that didn’t belong to us!

Luckily, I was laying in bed late one night clicking around on the MDE app and noticed. I usually don’t even check our room charges!

First, I noticed that they were charging us $25 a day for parking and we didn’t even have a car! When I called (Late at night trying not to wake my family), they apologized and said maybe they thought the car that dropped us off was our car. We were dropped off by s yellow taxi cab that we took from the airport. They knew it wasn’t our car! Glad I checked!!

Then, I noticed that they charged us $259 for chef mickey’s. We were at chef mickeys and the correct charge for $189 was also on our bill. Apparently, they accidentally charged another table’s meal to our room. The 2 charges were made at about the same time.

After spending a lot of time on the phone during my vacation, they eventually removed the charges for the meal that wasn’t ours and the daily parking charges. I had to deal with 2 different departments to have that resolved.

The Disney employees apologized for the incorrect charges and for all the time I had to spend with them on the phone. One could tell I was frustrated and said she’d have a manager contact me. No one ever contacted me. So annoying!

Be sure to check your room charges. Lesson learned!

Disney must have stolen so much money from me then! That makes me so mad!

We’ve been taking our kids to Disney and staying in their resorts 2-3 times per year for the past 20 years!! Ugh!!

One time a server charged 2 dining credits to our account from another party, which left us short 2 credits for our last TS meal. I ended up stuck for a good while at BOG during the Christmas party trying to get it resolved. So yes, these types of mistakes do occur! I was sure to always check my credit balance before visiting a restaurant on our last trip!

I can corroborate this. Last November I had to make some phone calls to get parking charges removed from my bill as well. Similar situation, we took a black car service to and from the hotel....

I assume anyone that stays on property is automatically charged unless they take the mouse bus. Easy for them to be sure they get every dollar, annoying for us that we have to be inconvenienced to dispute the charge.

I can corroborate this. Last November I had to make some phone calls to get parking charges removed from my bill as well. Similar situation, we took a black car service to and from the hotel....

I assume anyone that stays on property is automatically charged unless they take the mouse bus. Easy for them to be sure they get every dollar, annoying for us that we have to be inconvenienced to dispute the charge.
We were charged parking even though we took the mouse bus!

I don't think I've charged anything to my room on any trip. One trip the timing worked so we had dining included and the credits got messed up one night. I would rather pay cash, gift card or credit card for things at the time of purchase. This way I don't need to keep track of dining credits or room charges but I guess my October trip I'll need to double check for parking charges.
Thanks for the heads up.

This is one of the reasons we never charge back to our room. Oddly enough, the last two times we went and we did drive and park our car, we didn't get charged for parking. I did point it out to them and they said it was all so new at the time to just not worry about it. I also always go down to the front desk to check out so I get a printed bill, which I look over standing right there at the desk. We have never had an issue but better safe than sorry.

I always check the hotel bill no matter where I am staying. It happens at pretty much every hotel there is. One word of advice to the OP: if you ever have an issue while at a WDW resort, never try to address it by phone call (which goes to a call center). Going in person to the front desk will always resolve it MUCH faster. I made this mistake once at the Poly calling at 10pm when we got back to the room to try to get a flooded bathroom fix--and was up until 3am and probably about a dozen phone calls later before someone finally showed up. I read on here to always go to the front desk and when I had a problem at Boardwalk on my last trip, I went up front and they were not only super nice and helpful, they gave us anytime fastpasses to make up for it.

One time a server charged 2 dining credits to our account from another party, which left us short 2 credits for our last TS meal. I ended up stuck for a good while at BOG during the Christmas party trying to get it resolved. So yes, these types of mistakes do occur! I was sure to always check my credit balance before visiting a restaurant on our last trip!

That could have been me! One December trip my sister and I did not have credits taken for a Rose and Crown dinner. We noticed later and asked at the hotel front desk and they told us to go ahead and use them.

That could have been me! One December trip my sister and I did not have credits taken for a Rose and Crown dinner. We noticed later and asked at the hotel front desk and they told us to go ahead and use them.

It was Tony’s for us, but that very well could have been what happened to you as well!

I figured someone else got to enjoy a few bonus credits from the mishap!

The parking charges kill me. If you're going to do it, do it right. Our last trip we had two rooms, but one car. We were charged for parking for both rooms as though we had two cars and it took forever to get fixed. The lady at the desk actually accused us of lying about a second car. Really, we drove 1200 miles in one car to get here. Didn't manage to forget about one on the trip.

it happens.....yes...you should check your bill....nothing nefarious on Disney's part.

Nothing nefarious and nothing new. I had them charge me for my dinner at Le Ceiller, and someone else's too.

Always smart to keep an eye on room charges, no matter what resort you are at.

These are almost always honest mistakes, although sometimes people do steal. When I was younger, someone swiped my brother's resort ID card (talking early 90's here) and had a nice dinner in Epcot on us (which the front desk took care of).

A few years ago, my current family and I spent a few nights at Hilton Orlando (the one on I-Drive) for Universal before coming to Disney. Upon checkout, I noticed about $200 or so of weird charges that weren't mine. The front desk produced a couple of the receipt from the restaurant and shop and they didn't even have our room number on it! They were then removed with their apologies, no big deal at all. A couple of days later, I was charged another $260+ for MORE charges. The same person's charges continued to go onto our checked-out folio! It must have been linked from a prior stay and wasn't reset after that checkout. Nevertheless, I called, asked for a manager, and it was immediately taken care of with no further problems. (And I got to keep the hilton points from the extra charges :) )

So, these things happen. There is a ton of room for error, especially with parking, dining credits, etc. Just keep an eye on it and bring it to the person's attention who made the error if you're still at the venue, or if it's later, the concierge desk wherever you're staying will handle it. It's simply part of the deal when you travel.

Just like any other bill, you have to check to make sure everything is correct. Mistakes happen. Glad you got it straightened out. Some people just never give it a look and if you charge a lot back to your room, mistakes can be easily missed.

On the contrary, we stayed at Contemporary in May and had 2 cases of water delivered to our room that we ordered from Amazon. This was AFTER they instituted the new fees. When we asked at the front desk for the water to be delivered, the CM reiterated the delivery fees.

We were never charged EITHER the $5 handling or the $6 delivery fee.

Hotels mess up room charges ALL the time. Always check your bill.

This isn't Disney specific. Check your credit card statement every month too. Check all your bills. Companies make mistakes. Disney is at least one of the ones who are good (usually) about fixing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter