Check TSA Pre-check/Global Entry Expiration

Hi, So it sounds like you all have GE. Does anyone know the timeline for renewal of TSA Pre-check? Any credit towards GE if you apply for that instead of renewing Pre-check? TIA!

Hi, So it sounds like you all have GE. Does anyone know the timeline for renewal of TSA Pre-check? Any credit towards GE if you apply for that instead of renewing Pre-check? TIA!
If you go to the Trusted Traveller page it will tell you if you are eligible to renew your TSA Pre.

I had TSA Pre when I applied for Global Entry. There was no credit.

It was a couple of years ago (December 2018) so I don’t totally remember. I’m pretty sure it was Indonesia, Malaysia, and Kenya (Kenya surprised me). I had Chile on my list and that didn’t flag anything. I hadn’t been to Republic of Korea (S. Korea), but I don’t imagine that that would cause a flag.
I travel a ton and CBP made me come in for an interview when I did my second Global Entry renewal in 2019. When I went in, the agent specifically wanted to know about my visits to China, Myanmar, Thailand, and Sri Lanka. He didn't seem to care about Korea or Chile at all. Even so, it was a super quick in and out visit so it's really not a big deal as long as you live relatively close to an airport that does interviews.
Interesting… I had Kenya, S. Korea, and China on my renewal last year (as well as another 15 or so countries) and was approved over a weekend with no interview. I have no idea when they actually did the work - I submitted on a Friday and got my approval that Monday. I’d received the notice about the grace period and in person interviews as well. 🤷‍♀️

I accidentally let mine lapse 2 or 3 years ago. BIG MISTAKE!! My husband's renewal was easy. Mine took forever and needed the interview. I will never let mine go again.

We renewed ours last year and all 3 adult ones were approved without the need for a new interview but not the grandson. We kept trying to find an appointment that would work with adult daughters work schedule but were having the worse luck. So when we returned from out of country, and then were in really long lines at passport control, the nice person asked why we hadn't used our GE. I mentioned that 3 of us were renewed but we were having trouble working out another interview for the 12 year old. Turns out, the only reason he needed an appt was because once you cross the 12th birthday, they can add your fingerprints to the system for you. Originally he had been too young. They sent us to a nearby location in the airport and they were able to add that right away, done and good to go in a couple minutes. They were so super nice about it. So sometimes the reason for a follow up interview can be an easy fix. Love having the GE and TSA precheck as we travel quite a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter