• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check in VWL, then shop?

DVCTiff

DIS Veteran
We're landing at MCO at 3:17 pm, meeting my mom (arriving 20 minutes later), renting a car, etc. Normally, we hit Winn-Dixie on our way to SSR but this time we're staying at VWL. Is it worth checking in first to improve our room selection and then head off to grocery shop? Or should we just stop off on our way and not worry about the time?

Then again, we might be able to pick up what we need at WL if I forego Diet Pepsi (not easy). Thanks for the help!

If it were me, I'd get there as soon as possible. You might try wegoshop, for a small fee they will shop for you and deliver it to you at the resort. Then you could still get your Diet Pepsi! I guess it depends on how much food you'll need while your there. I would still probably check in and then go to the store. I'm just too impatient! We usually stay at another Disney resort on Sat. night, then I run over and check in about 7:00am. Then we go to church and eat, grocery shop, and then usually our room is ready around 2-3:00. It has always worked out okay for us in the past. Have a great trip. I really "neeeeed" a trip to the Lodge right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter