Check In at BWV

TiszBear

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

I know I know this answer but I guess I need others to chime in. I have a reservation at my home resort, BWV, later this year and it is a 2 bedroom and that is where my question comes in. The reservation is with my points and consists of my mom, friend and her daughter with a check in on a Wednesday. My friend is "thinking" of going down the day before, on Tuesday, (so not to waste a day by traveling), stay at another resort for 1 night, then go to the BWV and check in. and I informed her she can go down th day before but she can not check into the BWV on Wednesday as the reservation is in my name. She kinda was taken back by that and thinks "well I am on the reservation so why can't I check in?" I told her again, the reservation is in my name and they are my points and she is free to go the day before and when I get there I will check in and text her. Can someone please tell me if I am correct? Since the reservation is in my name, they are my points only I can check in?

I am happy this is a split stay! The first part is at BWV, Wednesday thru Saturday will the 4 of us, then Saturday the other 2 go home and my mom are staying till Tuesday to enjoy F&W.

thank you

Jennifer

You are NOT correct. As long as she is 18 or over and her name is no the reservation, she can check in. The units most likely won't be ready until after 4PM.

Nope, anyone on the reservation can check in. It can help the CM to know the lead name on the reservation but eventually they would be found even without it.

And why not check in online before hand? You could get a text and tell her when it was ready?

If you utilize online check-in, you can get everything sent to your phone when you're room is ready. I'd just tell her to chill for a little bit and once you get the text that the room is ready, you'll let her know where to go.

If you utilize online check-in, you can get everything sent to your phone when you're room is ready. I'd just tell her to chill for a little bit and once you get the text that the room is ready, you'll let her know where to go.

That could be done but the main reason I'm guessing OP doesn't want the guest checking in is to approve the room assigned at check in? Otherwise I can't think of a reason to not just let them check in whenever they arrive and wish to. If that is the reason though a late arrival wouldn't give much if any option to get a different room so really no reason to do anything other than let them check in and hopefully relax in the room if it's ready before everyone else arrives.

That could be done but the main reason I'm guessing OP doesn't want the guest checking in is to approve the room assigned at check in? Otherwise I can't think of a reason to not just let them check in whenever they arrive and wish to. If that is the reason though a late arrival wouldn't give much if any option to get a different room so really no reason to do anything other than let them check in and hopefully relax in the room if it's ready before everyone else arrives.

This doesn't seem like this. Seems to me the OP is trying to be authoritative that its HER reservation. I get it that its the OP's ressie and points. I also kinda agree that yeah, I'm the lead to this, we go by what I say because you're my guest. But be it what it is, the guest is able to check in.

We do a bedbug check every trip before any luggage or anything is brought in our room, so I COMPLETELY understand if the room satisfaction thing is a part of this, but it doesn't seem like that's part of the concern here.

How does a guest checking in first affect credit cards and room charges? I do not do on line checking when I have guests. I want everyone to have MB with their own credit card, or none if they choose none.

How does a guest checking in first affect credit cards and room charges? I do not do on line checking when I have guests. I want everyone to have MB with their own credit card, or none if they choose none.

They can either add to their MB or do none at all. I've checked in on my sisters room and had no problems telling them she'd be doing the credit card but I wouldn't be adding one.

Thank you all the for the replies. The main reason I do not want my friend to check in before me is she has a tendency to take over and change things without letting others know and she sometimes feels she has to be right about everything. While I may seem authoritative, I feel that since I am using my points at my home resort, I think I should be the one to check in as this is not her DVC membership but mine. Again, thank you all for your replies.

Jennifer

What time do you consider to be a late check-in? After 6:00? Do you think if you do online check-in ahead of time and have a room request that you're more likely to get the request? I usually wait and check in at the front desk to see where we're being assigned. I find that we rarely if ever get our room request on the initial assignment and sometimes I'm able to get us moved to another location. But we also typically arrive early in the day and I know the room won't be ready yet. This fall we're hitting a few nights at F&W but we will be arriving separately and not until 6:00ish or so - and on a Wed. evening to boot so not a typical weekend check-in day. Do you think we'd be more likely to get stuck with a leftover if we wait until we arrive to check-in? Since my requests rarely work out I don't know if it even matters. Thoughts?! Since we're arriving separately it would kinda be nice to have the room assignment texted earlier so I could just let DH know...but does he need to stop at the front desk with his ID & make sure his magic band is working right?

What time do you consider to be a late check-in? After 6:00? Do you think if you do online check-in ahead of time and have a room request that you're more likely to get the request? I usually wait and check in at the front desk to see where we're being assigned. I find that we rarely if ever get our room request on the initial assignment and sometimes I'm able to get us moved to another location. But we also typically arrive early in the day and I know the room won't be ready yet. This fall we're hitting a few nights at F&W but we will be arriving separately and not until 6:00ish or so - and on a Wed. evening to boot so not a typical weekend check-in day. Do you think we'd be more likely to get stuck with a leftover if we wait until we arrive to check-in? Since my requests rarely work out I don't know if it even matters. Thoughts?! Since we're arriving separately it would kinda be nice to have the room assignment texted earlier so I could just let DH know...but does he need to stop at the front desk with his ID & make sure his magic band is working right?

Yes, I'd consider 6PM to be a later check-in. Since room assignments are pretty much done before the check-in day I do online check-in every time if we are arriving after 4PM, maybe even 3PM and depending on what I feel like other times too. You still can go to the desk to "check-in" upon arrival even if you do get a text of the room and would like to try and change. And if there's an issue with the text you'll have to do that anyway.

Yes, I'd consider 6PM to be a later check-in. Since room assignments are pretty much done before the check-in day I do online check-in every time if we are arriving after 4PM, maybe even 3PM and depending on what I feel like other times too. You still can go to the desk to "check-in" upon arrival even if you do get a text of the room and would like to try and change. And if there's an issue with the text you'll have to do that anyway.

Thanks. Maybe I'll try it this time for a change. I will be somewhere else in Orlando at a conference thing until about 5:00 that day and DHs flight will land around 6:00 so we'll hook up at the resort. We're hoping to book BWV for 4 nights in late Sept. so I'm expecting it will be fully booked and not much wiggle room for changes. I can book on Monday so the wait is almost over. This will only be our 2nd time staying there (hopefully) and our first time in a pool / garden view. Once we secure the reservation I'll work on trying to figure out the options for this p/g view to see where we might want to request to be.

With online check-in do they tell you your room # assignment prior to telling you the room is ready?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!