Cheapest way to get from LAX to DL

stampinshauna

Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise L
I'm flying in Friday to meet my husband who is on a business trip at Disneyland. What is the cheapest way to get from the Los Angeles Airport to Disneyland. A few years ago I took the Airport Bus and it was okay. Any suggestions?

Weather in L.A. is typically not bad. Of course you won't know until closer what you're really going to get. As for transportation, when I went back in June with my aunt and sister we flew down with no kids. We took Super Shuttle from the airport. We flew into Orange County, but they have it at LAX. No reservations are needed from LAX. They have several shuttles. Not sure exactly how much it will cost, but it was $10 per person from Orange County, that's each way. Have fun!

We are going in two weeks and our flight arrives in at 10pm. I was thinking about renting a limo from LAX to our hotel (Best Western) since I am travelling with hubby, 4 yo , 2 yo and inlaws.

Does anyone know if limo's are readily available at the airport at that hour, or should I book one?

Cheers, Robyn

Supershuttle is $15 plus tip and takes you to your hotel door.

You can book ahead or just turn up at the airport - gets you to your hotel in about an hour.

Be Prepared!

With SuperShuttle they will not leave the Airport until they are filled! We went around the airport 3 times before he finally realized that no, he wasn't going to fill the last two seats!

janet

You can take the shuttle from the airport to the Metro Green Line rail station, take the train to Norwalk, then get on a Route 460 bus heading south the Disneyland. It'll cost you $1.25 on the train and $1.25 on the bus, and it'll take two hours to get there. Personally, I'd take one of the many airport shuttle vans instead...

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone taken the airport bus lately? It used to be $25 round trip and most of the buses that went to Disneyland had Disney pictures on the outside.

We have used Super Shuttle twice and the first time there were 4 of us on there and last time there were 5 of us. Also coming back he's never been full either.
Love Ella

Whenever my mom travels, she always takes the airport bus to and from LAX. She loves it. It's $19 one way and $28 round trip. It's what I always recommend to friends and family coming into town.

allison
glad to see you're DVC now!

Hi,

DM and I took the Airport Bus on our trip in 11/05. We lioked it a lot, and the wait wasn't bad at all. FYI: the web site for the airport bus hada $5.00 off coupon for roundtrip service...unfortunately, I lost the website. sorry...

Anyone know how much a taxi is from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel??

kaceyisme said:
bumping - anyone know??

I'll just take a guess here. We always take a taxi from John Wayne International, which is only a 15 minute drive from DL, and it costs about $40 one way.

LAX is about 40 minutes from DL, so a taxi would most likely cost around $120 plus tip.

Hope that helps you out. :flower:

I would try one of the shuttle companies instead of a limo. I remember 5 of us getting a ride in a Really nice all leather Suburban for a total price of $75 one way from LAX. That will be much cheaper than a Limo. I know I booked a Limo 1 way for one of my clients daughters from LAX to the GCH, w/ Walt Disney Travel and it was $150 1 direction for up to 6 passengers. I will see if I can find the name of the company that I used with the suburban....
smiles Patty

Compulsive*Shopper said:
We are going in two weeks and our flight arrives in at 10pm. I was thinking about renting a limo from LAX to our hotel (Best Western) since I am travelling with hubby, 4 yo , 2 yo and inlaws.

Does anyone know if limo's are readily available at the airport at that hour, or should I book one?

Cheers, Robyn

disney-super-mom said:
I'll just take a guess here. We always take a taxi from John Wayne International, which is only a 15 minute drive from DL, and it costs about $40 one way.

LAX is about 40 minutes from DL, so a taxi would most likely cost around $120 plus tip.

Hope that helps you out. :flower:

Thank you! It does help (we probably will take the Super Shuttle).

I just got back and wanted to report that I took the Disneyland Express (used to be called the Airport Bus) and it was $19 one way. It came every 30 minutes and the Disneyland Hotel was the first stop it made (hooray)!

When we were there in September, there were 3 of us and it was cheaper to rent a car at LAX and then drop it off at the Hertz located about 1 mile from Disneyland (they then dropped us at the hotel). I think we paid about $40 for the rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter