Cheapest trip without feeling like it is

Well, not sure if this is "cheap", but here goes:

Two of us, along with my Sister's family (4 of them).

Us:
Used Southwest credit card miles for "free" tickets.
Used my timeshare (HGVC Tuscany Village on I-Drive) for "free" stay (MF would be about $500 for the days we're staying for a 1 BR with full kitchen). We are staying 9 days. This will help save on meal costs as well.
Bought $200 in Disney cards from Rite Aid last Thanksgiving when they had $10 of Plenti Points per $100 card (plus I used my Chase Freedom with 5% at drug stores). So 15% discount there. Will probably use these for lunch in the parks.
My Union has discounted tickets. 7-day parkhopper Adult for $451.

Each of us will get the Barclay Arrival + World Elite Mastercard with the 50,000 point bonus which is equal to $500 (plus a 5% "rebate" of the points if you redeem against travel-related charges).

Rental car - Minivan so we'll split the cost minus the car seat, so it'll be about $175 for us.

"Us" Total (not counting groceries):
$500 (timeshare) + $170 (gift cards w/rebate) + $902 (tickets) + $175 - $1,000 (mastercards) = $747.00

"Them" (they're staying 6 days):
My sister used all her southwest points as well, she's reimbursing me for my timeshare maint. fees and the reservation fee/guest certificate (2 BR for them which is great for the kids plus they get a King Bed for themselves). So $880 for them.
Tickets (via my Union) for 2 adults and 2 kids ($451 x 2, and $438 x 2) = $1778
Rental car: $236 (they're paying for the booster seats)
They'll also get the Barclay Cards as well

Them total (not counting groceries):
$880 (timeshare) + $1778 (tickets) + $236 (car) - $1,000 = $1894

For groceries, I'll get discounted Publix gift cards (Publix is across the street from the HGVC). There's an Outback there as well if we want to eat out (can get discounted gift cards also).

May not be the cheapest, so I'm all ears (ha!) if anyone has any pointers.

Well, not sure if this is "cheap", but here goes:

Two of us, along with my Sister's family (4 of them).

Us:
Used Southwest credit card miles for "free" tickets.
Used my timeshare (HGVC Tuscany Village on I-Drive) for "free" stay (MF would be about $500 for the days we're staying for a 1 BR with full kitchen). We are staying 9 days. This will help save on meal costs as well.
Bought $200 in Disney cards from Rite Aid last Thanksgiving when they had $10 of Plenti Points per $100 card (plus I used my Chase Freedom with 5% at drug stores). So 15% discount there. Will probably use these for lunch in the parks.
My Union has discounted tickets. 7-day parkhopper Adult for $451.

Each of us will get the Barclay Arrival + World Elite Mastercard with the 50,000 point bonus which is equal to $500 (plus a 5% "rebate" of the points if you redeem against travel-related charges).

Rental car - Minivan so we'll split the cost minus the car seat, so it'll be about $175 for us.

"Us" Total (not counting groceries):
$500 (timeshare) + $170 (gift cards w/rebate) + $902 (tickets) + $175 - $1,000 (mastercards) = $747.00

"Them" (they're staying 6 days):
My sister used all her southwest points as well, she's reimbursing me for my timeshare maint. fees and the reservation fee/guest certificate (2 BR for them which is great for the kids plus they get a King Bed for themselves). So $880 for them.
Tickets (via my Union) for 2 adults and 2 kids ($451 x 2, and $438 x 2) = $1778
Rental car: $236 (they're paying for the booster seats)
They'll also get the Barclay Cards as well

Them total (not counting groceries):
$880 (timeshare) + $1778 (tickets) + $236 (car) - $1,000 = $1894

For groceries, I'll get discounted Publix gift cards (Publix is across the street from the HGVC). There's an Outback there as well if we want to eat out (can get discounted gift cards also).

May not be the cheapest, so I'm all ears (ha!) if anyone has any pointers.
my only thought would be for your sister, if they found a room only discount at a value,they could pay about the same,,or less for 4 people,and eliminate the car rental costs,just use the buses. But that would mean just one room, and eating onsite,which changes things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter